Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Newton could use a little more modesty and dignity

Quote:The amount and depth of the excuses for this jerk, crybaby paper tiger are just amazing...

Thanks for the look into some of your minds, i needed cheering up. :woot:

I wish the best to Cam Karma Newton next year... learn from this, fix it.. or you will always be THAT guy who more people than not.. do not like.

What we do in life.. echoes in eternity. :thumbsup:

I think you established your point when your first created this thread.

If you wish failure and ill will on someone then just admit it and move on. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think you established your point when your first created this thread.

If you wish failure and ill will on someone then just admit it and move on. 
whatever my man... I'll post 100x the same thing if I want to... None of ur business.

HOWEVER...this comment was directed at the enablers and excuse makers, totally different from my initial post...

Post Nazi. Mind urself.

Peace. :thanks:

Quote:whatever my man... I'll post 100x the same thing if I want to... None of ur business.

HOWEVER...this comment was directed at the enablers and excuse makers, totally different from my initial post...

Post Nazi. Mind urself.

Peace. :thanks:
Posting the same thing over and over is considered spamming and is against board rules, so I'd rethink that as an option if I were you. :thanks:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2016, 02:33 AM by realisticjohn.)

Quote:Posting the same thing over and over is considered spamming and is against board rules, so I'd rethink that as an option if I were you. :thanks:
I didn't post the same thing... please...compare my posts.. and then get off ur high horse and moderate appropriately.

I will lodge a complaint about your obvious bias and your position here. I would RETHIINK your own postings before you go treating this place like your own private revenge forum.

Your not good at your 'job'.... 20K posts??  Do u even have a life?

I haven't broken any of your rules here.....None.... WHEN i post the same thing 100X... you are free to take your self important actions against me.... UNTIL then... get off my back.. I dont want or need your advice about rethinking my own actions or postings.

You are NObody and you have ZERO authority over me.. UNTIL... I deem it so.

So weak. :thanks:

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2016, 02:33 AM by realisticjohn.)

and by the way....

Newton was... is.. and in all likelyhood.. will always be... a PUNK :thanks:<strong> </strong>

My opinion only...of course. :thumbsup: 

Quote:whatever my man... I'll post 100x the same thing if I want to... None of ur business.

Quote:I didn't post the same thing... please...compare my posts.. and then get off ur high horse and moderate appropriately.

I will lodge a complaint about your obvious bias and your position here. I would RETHIINK your own postings before you go treating this place like your own private revenge forum.

Your not good at your 'job'

I haven't broken any of your rules here.....None.

And maybe you should rethink your reading comprehension skills. I was informing you that what you told JFC you could do if you wanted would be against the rules. I'm sorry that you don't know the difference between advice and an official warning. Please though, feel free to report me for trying to help a member out with obvious confusion of the rules...I'm sure that will turn out exactly how you hope it will. Rolleyes

And seriously, how many times are you going to edit your post with more lame, keyboard macho man attempts that you think are putting me in my place? You really couldn't be more sad if you tried.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Oh....and I want my QB [BAD WORD REMOVED] off that he just lost the Super Bowl. I couldn't even talk to my friends for almost 45 mins after the game and I was just in the stands. Fans are emotional - why are players supposed to be robots?
Bingo.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Adversity reveals character.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:He wasnt himself, but I was truly surprised of 2 things in the second half. 1, The coaching staff not giving Newton more freedom to audible at the LOS. I will always wonder did Carolina gameplan include giving Cam multiple audible packages?

The second thing was Involving Olsen more on blocking and releases at the LOS into the flat. He was Newton's best target all game and it seemed like Carolina didnt want to use Denver's strength against them.  

I didn't see anywhere that he couldn't audible.  Did I miss something?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Bingo.

I wonder if Tom Brady did the exact same thing if this would be your opinion.

Quote:I didn't post the same thing... please...compare my posts.. and then get off ur high horse and moderate appropriately.

Your not good at your 'job'.... 20K posts??  Do u even have a life?

I haven't broken any of your rules here.....None.... WHEN i post the same thing 100X... you are free to take your self important actions against me.... UNTIL then... get off my back.. I dont want or need your advice about rethinking my own actions or postings.

You are NObody and you have ZERO authority over me.. UNTIL... I deem it so.

Yeah. I write dumb stuff sometimes myself.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Yeah. I write dumb stuff sometimes myself.

Not that dumb.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Not that dumb.

Don't underestimate my stoopidididity

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I wonder if Tom Brady did the exact same thing if this would be your opinion.
Yes.

Football players are people....people with emotions playing an emotional game.  They are human beings with human weaknesses, just like everyone else.

For YEARS, my philosophy has been "football players are public figures, not public property." 

If a player took a defeat particularly hard, I can't blame him for not being the most pleasant person in the world to the media.

That goes for Tom Brady, Blake Bortles...anybody.  People on this board got butthurt because Bortles compared fans criticizing the playcalling to kindergartners talking to a college professor. But the fact is he was right.

But I have long observed that fans can say whatever they want and express themselves any way they desire and it's their right as fans, even though we have little, if nothing to do with the outcome.  Media hacks can say what they want about a game or a player, and they do it under the guise of objective journalism, even though they are not privy to what goes on in game planning and are usually cloaked in ignorance.  Coaches can say what they want about something, and they are being honest.  But somehow, the guys who have the MOST to do with what transpires in a game-the players-are somehow not permitted to express themselves as they see fit.  I am befuddled as to how that dynamic came into being.

Manning left his Super Bowl against New Orleans without shaking anyone's hand afterward.

I never made a peep about it.  Under the totality of the circumstances, I can see that happening with him, just like under the totality of the circumstances, I can see why Newton responded in the press conference the way he did.

My issue with Cam is:

He loves to dance, Dab and gloat when things are going well.  He has NO problem rubbing it in people's faces when he wins.  "If you don't want me to dance, don't let me score"  

So in that vein:  If you don't want to hear a defender talking about beating you... Don't let them beat you.  

As school kids everywhere say:  "Don't dish it out if you can't take it".

Quote:Yes.

Football players are people....people with emotions playing an emotional game.  They are human beings with human weaknesses, just like everyone else.

For YEARS, my philosophy has been "football players are public figures, not public property." 

If a player took a defeat particularly hard, I can't blame him for not being the most pleasant person in the world to the media.

That goes for Tom Brady, Blake Bortles...anybody.  People on this board got butthurt because Bortles compared fans criticizing the playcalling to kindergartners talking to a college professor. But the fact is he was right.

But I have long observed that fans can say whatever they want and express themselves any way they desire and it's their right as fans, even though we have little, if nothing to do with the outcome.  Media hacks can say what they want about a game or a player, and they do it under the guise of objective journalism, even though they are not privy to what goes on in game planning and are usually cloaked in ignorance.  Coaches can say what they want about something, and they are being honest.  But somehow, the guys who have the MOST to do with what transpires in a game-the players-are somehow not permitted to express themselves as they see fit.  I am befuddled as to how that dynamic came into being.

Manning left his Super Bowl against New Orleans without shaking anyone's hand afterward.

I never made a peep about it.  Under the totality of the circumstances, I can see that happening with him, just like under the totality of the circumstances, I can see why Newton responded in the press conference the way he did.

There really isn't much to say other than he has an obligation to sit there and answer questions.  It's why he is a multi millionaire.  All year we heard from him about opposing teams complaining about his dancing and being brash, stop me.  Well somebody did, and this is how you respond?  The happy go lucky, I love football, always smiling guy that everyone said was so genuine didn't seem so genuine after that.  Listen, I liked Cam all year and I'm guessing he will learn from this, but he was flat out wrong.  I don't know why people can't just admit that.  It's like some people are protecting a relative here.

Of course now all of his fans/supporters will come up with excuses on why he left, but the real reason was he was a baby.  It had little to do with Chris Harris and had more to do with he wanted to be there the shortest amount of time possible.

Manning left the field after the Super Bowl and he did face criticism.  There are numerous articles out there that I found, even five years after it happened.  He also came out and said he would call Drew Brees and congratulate him.  He also spoke to the press after the game.....

I actually thought people were too harsh on Cam but it appears they may have been right.

Coming out an saying he didn't want to dive on the ball in case he got injured ..hmmm.

Quote:There really isn't much to say other than he has an obligation to sit there and answer questions.  It's why he is a multi millionaire.  All year we heard from him about opposing teams complaining about his dancing and being brash, stop me.  Well somebody did, and this is how you respond?  The happy go lucky, I love football, always smiling guy that everyone said was so genuine didn't seem so genuine after that.  Listen, I liked Cam all year and I'm guessing he will learn from this, but he was flat out wrong.  I don't know why people can't just admit that.  It's like some people are protecting a relative here.

This is fair, but a little context might help.

This was Cam Newton's post game press conference from after a loss to the Giants, opening week 2012 (his second season in the league).

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/vide...ff01132043

This was an article detailing Newton's post game press conference in the loss to Atlanta this season, Carolina's first.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/26029...to-falcons

Quote: 

"We got our [BLEEP] kicked today, and to a lot of degree, we deserved it, especially the type of way we played," he said, per NFL.com's -kicked-today]Marc Sessler. "Offensively, defensively and special teams. And I'm talking with the mirror in front of my face. There were some plays that we left out there, we knew it."

Now taking this at face value, Newton was mature enough to "man up" after a loss and face the music, and accept responsibility for his hand in the loss. 

This was about a month and a half ago.

Do you mean to suggest in the intervening month and a half-or the last three years for that matter- that Newton somehow became less mature?  Did his character somehow become flawed within that time? 

Maybe, just maybe, there is another explanation for his attitude and behavior at the press conference other than him being a despicable human being.

Maybe, just maybe, his level of disappointment was much greater because the game was far more important to him.

Nahh..can't be.

Yeah.... it is fun to jump into a bunch of defenders to score a TD, but can't make an effort to recover a fumble in a one possession game.  Thomas Davis's arm says hello, Cam. 

Taking it to the top of the Modis building.  

Quote:This is fair, but a little context might help.

This was Cam Newton's post game press conference from after a loss to the Giants, opening week 2012 (his second season in the league).

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/vide...ff01132043

This was an article detailing Newton's post game press conference in the loss to Atlanta this season, Carolina's first.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/26029...to-falcons

Now taking this at face value, Newton was mature enough to "man up" after a loss and face the music, and accept responsibility for his hand in the loss. 

This was about a month and a half ago.

Do you mean to suggest in the intervening month and a half-or the last three years for that matter- that Newton somehow became less mature?  Did his character somehow become flawed within that time? 

Maybe, just maybe, there is another explanation for his attitude and behavior at the press conference other than him being a despicable human being.

Maybe, just maybe, his level of disappointment was much greater because the game was far more important to him.

Nahh..can't be.

It's easy to man up and take fault in a meaningless game when the season is signed, sealed, and delivered.  The number 1 seed was all but theirs at that point so being able to accept it and move on was a different story.  Being able to accept a loss that actually means something is a different story.

Cam should have said nearly the same thing after Sunday's game, moved on after 5 minutes and nobody would have batted an eye.  If he said after 5 minutes of talking to the media, "you know what guys, I'm pretty hurt over this loss and I need time to myself...I'm going to go."  Do you really think people would have batted an eye?  No, they would have seen a different person.  Instead they saw him come out in the hoodie sulking, like he has done earlier in his career during losses.

You've got to learn to take the good with the bad....that's all I'm saying.