Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

Quote:Luck was nothing short of amazing today, he is the class of the division by far, they lost because their D was getting ripped to sheds and Stafford made some plays.

Stafford was also nothing short of amazing too. Two bad teams beating each other up.

Luck has to prove he is better than Bortles to be best in the division. He hasn't done that yet.

Luck was also playing catch-up all day due to his customary slow start.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I saw a stat a while back that he's basically the king of garbage time. When leading or trailing by 21 I believe it was, he puts up most of his stats.

He was destroying soft/bad coverage in the middle of the field. I think he had 3 TDs to tight ends. He played well but so did Bortles.

Quote:Stafford was also nothing short of amazing too. Two bad teams beating each other up.

Luck has to prove he is better than Bortles to be best in the division. He hasn't done that yet.

This is my issue with Luck. He's a notorious slow starter and then stages "comebacks" by exploiting Prevent defenses. In a tight game from start to finish, I'm not sure I trust him to step up when needed. Blake can play catch up with the best of them as well when he's down (NO game last year) I'm just not sure if Luck would have converted 3 fourth downs and been in position to win against GB like Blake was.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:This is my issue with Luck. He's a notorious slow starter and then stages "comebacks" by exploiting Prevent defenses. In a tight game from start to finish, I'm not sure I trust him to step up when needed. Blake can play catch up with the best of them as well when he's down (NO game last year) I'm just not sure if Luck would have converted 3 fourth downs and been in position to win against GB like Blake was.

Part of this statement I agree with. And the other part I think is off a little.

The last time Luck played against GB:

1. He was off to a notoriously slow start. Colts were down 21-3 at the half.

2. He led them to a "comeback" victory late in the 3rd and 4th qtr (with TD passes and also rushing for a score). He and the Colts won the game 30-27 (scoring 27 points in the 2nd half).

So,,

-Agree with his notoriously slow starting.

-Disagree that he couldn't put his team in position to win against GB, because, in fact, he did and won.

Luck is a good QB. I don't think he's near the level that all the "hype" makes him out to be. However, even with his notoriously bad/slow starts, you can't count them out because he will bring his team back with great chances to win. He's done it many times (whether it may be considered garbage stats or not). He comes back to put his team in great position.

Luck a slow starter or "garbage time stat" QB?

Asking for Blake.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016, 10:50 AM by Indy2Jax.)

Quote:This is my issue with Luck. He's a notorious slow starter and then stages "comebacks" by exploiting Prevent defenses. In a tight game from start to finish, I'm not sure I trust him to step up when needed. Blake can play catch up with the best of them as well when he's down (NO game last year) I'm just not sure if Luck would have converted 3 fourth downs and been in position to win against GB like Blake was.
He drove right down and took the lead with 37 seconds remaining? What are you talking about?

They play GB this year. So guess we will all wait and see. If Indy has to play with guys cr from teams at 53 man cuts for very long it won't matter what Andrew does. They won't win much.

Quote:Stafford was also nothing short of amazing too. Two bad teams beating each other up.

Luck doesn't have to prove that he is better, he has proved it already. They had a bad first quarter, but they still put up 10 points in the first half, if your down like they were with no T/O's,  its on the D not him.  After the first quarter, the Colts scored on 6 of their 7 drives with 4 TD's.   Call it what you want, those weren't prevent defenses, still way to early in the game for anything like that.  Their D let them down point blank, he damn near played perfect for three quarters.  If he was the Jags QB yesterday they would have beat GB by two scores.  I know you guys love your guy BB, and Luck has been overrated, but nothing Luck did or BB did yesterday dispels that Luck is on another level than the other Qb's in the South and BB is still figuring it out.

Bortles was much better than Luck last year. Luck had his first good game in a long time yesterday.Unless he can show he's better over this season Blake is top dog in the division. I won't base that on yesterday, Chad henne could have put up big numbers with how wide open the TEs were.

Quote:Bortles was much better than Luck last year. Luck had his first good game in a long time yesterday.Unless he can show he's better over this season Blake is top dog in the division. I won't base that on yesterday, Chad henne could have put up big numbers with how wide open the TEs were.

Come on now. Henne still would have checked it down.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Bortles was much better than Luck last year. Luck had his first good game in a long time yesterday.Unless he can show he's better over this season Blake is top dog in the division. I won't base that on yesterday, Chad henne could have put up big numbers with how wide open the TEs were.

Luck is still top dog.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016, 04:01 PM by lastonealive.)

Quote:Luck is still top dog.

Clueless.

Why doesn't Stafford get the same hype?

Quote:Clueless.

Why doesn't Stafford get the same hype?

Luck is still top dog in the division until someone else proves otherwise.

Stafford is starting to get hype as his performance over the last 10 or so games has been almost flawless.

Quote:Luck is still top dog in the division until someone else proves otherwise.

Stafford is starting to get hype as his performance over the last 10 or so games has been almost flawless.

Bortles has proved otherwise. You been on the sauce?

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016, 04:40 PM by JackCity.)

Luck is 35-21 as a starter and has won 3 playoff games.

Bortles is 8-22 as a starter and has never beaten a playoff team.

Quote:Luck is 35-21 as a starter and has won 3 playoff games.

Bortles is 8-22 as a starter and has never beaten a playoff team.

oh the whole all he does is win? How very Tim Tebow/Vince Young. By the way he's 2-7 in his last 9 games. So he's obviously played very poorly right?

Must not have played very well yesterday because they lost...?

Quote:oh the whole all he does is win? How very Tim Tebow/Vince Young. By the way he's 2-7 in his last 9 games. So he's obviously played very poorly right?

Must not have played very well yesterday because they lost...?

Yeah its a valid point when comparing quarterbacks. You do realize Luck played injured all last year?

So tell me lastonealive. What's your criteria for the "Top Dog" in the division?

Quote:Yeah its a valid point when comparing quarterbacks. You do realize Luck played injured all last year?

So tell me lastonealive. What's your criteria for the "Top Dog" in the division?

The best quarterback. Wins/losses in the past mean very little. Or is Colin Kaepernick a great one? He's reached Superbowls man.

Quote:The best quarterback. Wins/losses in the past mean very little. Or is Colin Kaepernick a great one? He's reached Superbowls man.

What's your criteria for the best quarterback? Quarterback is the only position in the NFL that is usually linked with win-loss stats. There is a reason for that.

Quote:What's your criteria for the best quarterback? Quarterback is the only position in the NFL that is usually linked with win-loss stats. There is a reason for that.

It's a team sport. Now this may be the narrative for ESPN and the simple minded, but some Quarterbacks have to score more points than others in order to obtain a win due to the defense. Some quarterbacks are hamstrung or made easier because they a bad/good running game.

You don't think Bortles has way more wins in Denver? Manning was poor last year and won the superbowl, they now have a no name beating Carolina in the opener.

49ers obviously think this way too, Gabbert has one of the worst records going and Kaepernick amongst the best in young QB's.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016, 05:52 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:It's a team sport. Now this may be the narrative for ESPN and the simple minded, but some Quarterbacks have to score more points than others in order to obtain a win due to the defense. Some quarterbacks are hamstrung or made easier because they a bad/good running game.

You don't think Bortles has way more wins in Denver? Manning was poor last year and won the superbowl, they now have a no name beating Carolina in the opener.

49ers obviously think this way too, Gabbert has one of the worst records going and Kaepernick amongst the best in young QB's.
Of course its a team sport. We are comparing QBs not teams. Luck has played with a shoddy team for years. He's had no defense or run game and still made the playoffs and put up great stats.

Blake's the man and all but its too soon to call him top dog of the division when he hasn't even won 6 games in a season yet. Perhaps this year he will, until then Luck is still the best QB.

Luck played injured last year and sucked on a bad team. He gets a pass on that from me.