Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

Quote:What do you want me to say? He was the only one who was actually ready to play tonight. The team is just terrible and watching those fat lazy idiots on the O line try to block was embarrassing. On the last drive of the game they were walking casually to get set and looked like they already gave up. There is only so much you can do as a rookie QB with that type of supporting cast, he was throwing to group of practice squad players. The Jags were the better team hands down, but Mariota held his own. 

Miss you

[Image: 970k7p.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Marcus looked like garbage against Oakland.  He needs to learn to protect the ball.  We get Walker and Wright back this week, so hopefully he bounces back.  When Amaro (who???) is your leading receiver, you know the receiving corps is [BAD WORD REMOVED].  

Sorry I didn't reply sooner.  

My take on Tennessee when watching them against the Vikings and Lions is they have good complimentary WRs ( not to mention Delanie Walker at TE ) but they lack a # 1 type of WR.  

Though I don't expect them to draft a WR in Round 1 because of GM Jon Robinson's background in the Patriots organization ( the Patriots haven't drafted a WR in Round 1 since Bill Belichick became their HC in 2000 ),  I do believe this is a position they will look to upgrade in the 2nd or 3rd Round next year.    With the attempt to find the 2017 version of Allen Robinson or some other type of WR with true # 1 WR potential. 

Quote: Sorry I didn't reply sooner.  

My take on Tennessee when watching them against the Vikings and Lions is they have good complimentary WRs ( not to mention Delanie Walker at TE ) but they lack a # 1 type of WR.  

Though I don't expect them to draft a WR in Round 1 because of GM Jon Robinson's background in the Patriots organization ( the Patriots haven't drafted a WR in Round 1 since Bill Belichick became their HC in 2000 ),  I do believe this is a position they will look to upgrade in the 2nd or 3rd Round next year.    With the attempt to find the 2017 version of Allen Robinson or some other type of WR with true # 1 WR potential. 
Agree.  We need a Robinson/Hopkins type of player and agree that it will be addressed next year.  

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Quote: 

Osweiler appears to have reached his ceiling, and that's at a level decidedly below the other AFC S quarterbacks. As we move forward the real debates will probably center around Mariota vs Osweiler as the league's scrub qbs, and Bortles vs Luck as the league's top qbs. Like Henne, Osweiler is really a career backup qb although unlike Henne he's being paid to start. He's prone to throwing INTs as it seems he'll simply never quite figure out how to avoid them. Bortles has been throwing his fair share of INTs as well, but at least with him there's hope that he's simply still young and will get better. Osweiler can also be streaky with his accuracy and at times can become erratic.

Quote:This is my favorite part.

If Osweiler is close to as bad as Henne.... I'll be happy the tinhorns made yet another boneheaded move.

But hey, eventually having Watt on your roster will get ya a ring... amirite?

May not get us a ring, but it helps to sweep you guys.... every year. 

None of us are deluded in thinking Osweiler is a franchise QB, regardless what he's getting paid. He's getting paid the way he is, because our coach thinks he can make Osweiler a franchise QB. Some of us thinks it's a no brainer, most of us are in "wait & see" mode. 

Osweiler is not a finished product. He started his NFL education with Denver, now he's with us for his masters. We'll see how it works out at the end of the year, when y'all are watching & waiting for us to screw up in the play offs..... amirite? 

ImATexan

Quote:May not get us a ring, but it helps to sweep you guys.... every year. 

None of us are deluded in thinking Osweiler is a franchise QB, regardless what he's getting paid. He's getting paid the way he is, because our coach thinks he can make Osweiler a franchise QB. Some of us thinks it's a no brainer, most of us are in "wait & see" mode. 

Osweiler is not a finished product. He started his NFL education with Denver, now he's with us for his masters. We'll see how it works out at the end of the year, when y'all are watching & waiting for us to screw up in the play offs..... amirite? 
2013 tinhorns were swept by us... so theres that.

None of the tinhorn fans think Osweiler is a franchise guy? REALLY? haha, ok.

Osweiler has been in the league for a few years... if he isn't finished, he's pretty darn close to being what he will be.

I can tell I hit a nerve...

maybe in your back?

get your broom ready I suppose.... see if Brocky boy can sweep without your tinhorn MVP.

None of us are deluded in thinking Osweiler is a franchise QB

That's cute. I'm glad sweeping the Jaguars makes you feel good about yourself, maybe in another half decade you guys will be ready to score a point against Alex F. Smith and co.

And your front office gave dude a 70 plus million dollar contract. You and I may not be deluded, but your decision makers sure seem to be.

I remember my first beer...

Brock Osweiler is the worst QB in the division. He is god awful.

Man the clots/tacks/tinhorns are all very sweepable this year...

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2016, 12:56 PM by Kane.)

Quote:Brock Osweiler is the worst QB in the division. He is god awful.

Man the clots/tacks/tinhorns are all very sweepable this year...
As an avid Eminem hater...

Ms. Mary Cheetosah played pretty darn well yesterday.

I'm still having trouble getting a good read on mariota. He will have horrible games where you want to look away, then games like yesterday where he genuinely looks the part.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2016, 01:22 PM by unf_nashvillian.)

Games like yesterday are why fans are excited about MM.  We just need him to string together 3 or 4 games like that.

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Quote:Games like yesterday are why fans are excited about MM.  We just need him to string together 3 or 4 games like that.

Yeah when he tears it up in dual threat running and passing he looks pretty good.

No Fun

Quote:Games like yesterday are why fans are excited about MM. We just need him to string together 3 or 4 games like that.

As a Jacksonville fan I hope not.

As a football fan in general, I'm happy when a kid like Mariota succeeds. He seems humble and hard working and wants to play the game to win. He's the opposite of Cam and I welcome that

Quote:Games like yesterday are why fans are excited about MM. We just need him to string together 3 or 4 games like that.

That's key isn't it. I do not like MM, but be had an extremely good game yesterday. They didn't ask him to do much, but when they did, he performed to near perfection. It pains me to say it.

However, this is only 1 game. Like you said, lets see if he can string a few together.

On a side note, how awful is Miami????

Quote:That's key isn't it. I do not like MM, but be had an extremely good game yesterday. They didn't ask him to do much, but when they did, he performed to near perfection. It pains me to say it.

However, this is only 1 game. Like you said, lets see if he can string a few together.

On a side note, how awful is Miami????
Nothing really horribly wrong with their D...our O line just played lights out.  Their O line is decimated and the Titans took full advantage.

Quote:That's cute. I'm glad sweeping the Jaguars makes you feel good about yourself, maybe in another half decade you guys will be ready to score a point against Alex F. Smith and co.

Something tells me it won't take that long

ImATexan

Here we go again, only Blake didn't play this week...

Week five results...

1. Marcus Mariota - 20 of 29 (69.0%) for 163 yards (5.6 YPA), 3 TDs and 0 INT for a 117.5 qb rating, 1 rush TD

2. Andrew Luck - 28 of 39
    (71.8%)
    for 322 yards
    (8.3 YPA)
    , 2 TDs and 0 INT for a 113.4 qb rating with 1 fumble
    (0 lost)

3. Brock Osweiler -  19 of 42 (45.2%) for 184 yards (4.4 YPA), 1 TD and 1 INT for a 56.1 qb rating with 1 fumble (0 lost)

Overall results...

1. Andrew Luck - 131 of 205 (63.9%) for 1,469 yards (7.2 YPA), 10 TDs and 3 INTs for a 95.4 qb rating with 3 fumbles (2 lost)

2. Marcus Mariota - 100 of 165 (60.6%)<span style="color:#008080;"><span style="color:#008080;"><strong>
    </strong>for 1,088 yards
    (6.6 YPA), 7 TDs and 5 INTs for a 81.6 qb rating with 3 fumbles (2 lost), 1 rush TD</span></span>
  3. Blake Bortles - 98 of 160 (61.3%) for 1,050 yards (6.6 YPA), 7 TDs and 6 INTs for a 79.4 qb rating with 1 fumble (1 lost), 1 rush TD

4. Brock Osweiler - 109 of 188
    (58.0%)
    for 1,133 yards
    (6.0 YPA)
    , 6 TDs and 7 INTs for a 70.6 rating with 1 fumble
    (0 lost)

Osweiler seriously stunk up the field in Minnesota. Mariota had the highest qb rating, although he threw for a mere 163 yards which is a new low this year for the AFC S qbs. Overall, Bortles and Mariota's stats are incredibly similar with the main exception being that Marcus started one more game.

'02

Quote:Here we go again, only Blake didn't play this week...

Week five results...

1. Marcus Mariota - 20 of 29 (69.0%) for 163 yards (5.6 YPA), 3 TDs and 0 INT for a 117.5 qb rating, 1 rush TD

(71.8%)
    for 322 yards
    (8.3 YPA)
    (0 lost)

3. Brock Osweiler -  19 of 42 (45.2%) for 184 yards (4.4 YPA), 1 TD and 1 INT for a 56.1 qb rating with 1 fumble (0 lost)

Overall results...

1. Andrew Luck - 131 of 205 (63.9%) for 1,469 yards (7.2 YPA), 10 TDs and 3 INTs for a 95.4 qb rating with 3 fumbles (2 lost)

2. Blake Bortles - 98 of 160 (61.3%) for 1,050 yards (6.6 YPA), 7 TDs and 6 INTs for a 88.2 qb rating with 1 fumble (1 lost), 1 rush TD

3. Marcus Mariota - 100 of 165 (60.6%)<strong> </strong>for 1,088 yards (6.6 YPA), 7 TDs and 5 INTs for a 81.6 qb rating with 3 fumbles (2 lost), 1 rush TD

(58.0%)
    for 1,133 yards
    (6.0 YPA)
    (0 lost)

Osweiler seriously stunk up the field in Minnesota. Mariota had the highest qb rating, although he threw for a mere 163 yards which is a new low this year for the AFC S qbs. Overall, Bortles and Mariota's stats are incredibly similar with the main exception being that Marcus started one more game.
Thanks for keeping this updated.  Interesting to follow.

Quote:Thanks for keeping this updated. Interesting to follow.

I do appreciate watching this as well. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds, especially if Mariota can string together some good games and Blake can remedy his early struggles as well.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Here we go again, only Blake didn't play this week...

Week five results...

(71.8%)
    for 322 yards
    (8.3 YPA)
    (0 lost)

Overall results...

2. Blake Bortles - 98 of 160 (61.3%) for 1,050 yards (6.6 YPA), 7 TDs and 6 INTs for a 88.2 qb rating with 1 fumble (1 lost), 1 rush TD

3. Marcus Mariota - 100 of 165 (60.6%)<span style="color:#008080;"><span style="color:#008080;"><strong>
    </strong>for 1,088 yards
    (6.6 YPA), 7 TDs and 5 INTs for a 81.6 qb rating with 3 fumbles (2 lost), 1 rush TD</span></span>
    (58.0%)
    for 1,133 yards
    (6.0 YPA)
    (0 lost)

Anyone else think Bortles' stat line looks weird?