Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

Quote:Anyone else think Bortles' stat line looks weird?
what's so weird about it? 

[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Look up his real stat line

Yeah, looks like the rating is a couple points high

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Yeah I was noticing how close him and Mariota were in stats and wondering why his were better when he had 1 more int. What I will say tho, is QB rating is so much better than QBR. I think the QBs have ended up exactly were they ought to. And I don't think the AFCS is two tier, its three teir. Theres Luck, then theres MM and BB fighting it out, and then Osweiler way in the rear. Now I do believe BB and MM are very different and I think Blake is better, but they have gotten very simular results thus far.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Look up his real stat line

Indeed, I got the qb rating wrong. I hadn't looked at Blake this week since he didn't play, but it appears that last week I mistakenly looked at his final 2015 rating.

Blake's qb rating is 79.4, which makes sense in that it's closer to Mariota's 81 rating considering their stats are so similar. Bortles rating is dinged with an additional INT, however, you might have noticed that both players have the same amount of turnovers because Mariota has an additional fumble lost.

'02

I don't mean to nitpick. I'm a numbers guy too. When I first saw it, I thought that perhaps all turnovers were being accounted for in the ratings, but it would still be a lot closer.

I'm certainly not begrudging Jags02 updating the stats weekly like this, but the numbers right now mean virtually nothing to me personally. I think we pretty much know Luck is a franchise QB, Osweiler isn't, and Blake and Mariota are still TBD. Both have the potential to be, but neither are at the moment and parsing their stats on a weekly basis does nothing but obfuscate things IMO.

My 2 cents, however, are that MM has more franchise QB traits than BB so if I've got 100 chips to put on the two of them I'm regrettably putting ~60 of them on the Titan.

If only we could mix Mariota's quick release and accuracy with Bortles' pocket presence and downfield vision.

'02

Quote:If only we could mix Mariota's quick release and accuracy with Bortles' pocket presence and downfield vision.

Thats what I was just thinking myself.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Mariota looked good today although Cleveland's D isn't all that great. If it's brown, flush it down.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Luck is still the best QB in the division.

Quote:Luck is still the best QB in the division.

All he does is win right...

Quote:All he does is win right...

You still think Blake is "top dog"?

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2016, 07:23 PM by lastonealive.)

Quote:You still think Blake is "top dog"?

Yep. Actually they are basically the same guy this year. But give me Blake's higher upside.

Got to unseat the top dog not play at a similar level

Quote:Yep. Actually they are basically the same guy this year. But give me Blake's higher upside.

Got to unseat the top dog not play at a similar level

1) Luck is out performing Blake this year with a worse team.

2) Please explain in which areas Blake has more upside than Luck.

Quote:Here we go again, only Blake didn't play this week...

Week five results...

<ul class="bbcol decimal">[*]Marcus Mariota - 20 of 29 (69.0%) for 163 yards (5.6 YPA), 3 TDs and 0 INT for a 117.5 qb rating, 1 rush TD
[*]Andrew Luck - 28 of 39
(71.8%)
for 322 yards
(8.3 YPA)
, 2 TDs and 0 INT for a 113.4 qb rating with 1 fumble
(0 lost)
[*]Brock Osweiler -  19 of 42 (45.2%) for 184 yards (4.4 YPA), 1 TD and 1 INT for a 56.1 qb rating with 1 fumble (0 lost)
</ul> 
Overall results...

<ul class="bbcol decimal">[*]Andrew Luck - 131 of 205 (63.9%) for 1,469 yards (7.2 YPA), 10 TDs and 3 INTs for a 95.4 qb rating with 3 fumbles (2 lost)
[*]Marcus Mariota - 100 of 165 (60.6%)<span style="color:#008080;"><span style="color:#008080;"><strong>
</strong>for 1,088 yards
(6.6 YPA), 7 TDs and 5 INTs for a 81.6 qb rating with 3 fumbles (2 lost), 1 rush TD</span></span>[*]Blake Bortles - 98 of 160 (61.3%) for 1,050 yards (6.6 YPA), 7 TDs and 6 INTs for a 79.4 qb rating with 1 fumble (1 lost), 1 rush TD
[*]Brock Osweiler - 109 of 188
(58.0%)
for 1,133 yards
(6.0 YPA)
, 6 TDs and 7 INTs for a 70.6 rating with 1 fumble
(0 lost)
</ul> 
Osweiler seriously stunk up the field in Minnesota. Mariota had the highest qb rating, although he threw for a mere 163 yards which is a new low this year for the AFC S qbs. Overall, Bortles and Mariota's stats are incredibly similar with the main exception being that Marcus started one more game.

We're going into week 7
ImATexan

Quote:1) Luck is out performing Blake this year with a worse team.

2) Please explain in which areas Blake has more upside than Luck.

I don't think Luck is playing better than Blake this year. His stats may look better even this week.

But one failed to mount the winning drive and blew a lead and one drove for the winning TD when He had to.

Plus I thought you said quarterbacks are judged on wins?

You Luck guys change your mind with the wind.

By the way he's 4-10 in last 14

Quote:I don't think Luck is playing better than Blake this year. His stats may look better even this week.

But one failed to mount the winning drive and blew a lead and one drove for the winning TD when He had to.

He really has been. Have you watched him?