Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2016, 11:30 PM by lastonealive.)

Quote:He really has been. Have you watched him?
Yep every game. Usual story looks good when playing from well behind. This week he actually played well from the start but still managed to have an awful turnover. Him and Bortles have that in common.

This week an awful inaccurate throw to Hilton which he somehow nearly caught. Either way end up punting.

Against the Jags he throws it way too late to Allen when he could have run for a first down anyway.

He's getting a lot of time behind his o line and his running Game is better than Bortles.

He looks great when down a few TDs but most the rest of the time he just looks like any other decent QB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yep every game. Usual story looks good when playing from well behind. This week he actually played well from the start but still managed to have an awful turnover. Him and Bortles have that in common.

This week an awful inaccurate throw to Hilton which he somehow nearly caught. Either way end up punting.

Against the Jags he throws it way too late to Allen when he could have run for a first down anyway.

He's getting a lot of time behind his o line and his running Game is better than Bortles.

He looks great when down a few TDs but most the rest of the time he just looks like any other decent QB.

He's looked way better than Bortles to me this year and would take him over BB in a heartbeat. As would most people.

Put Luck on this team and we are 4-1 easy.

Quote:He's looked way better than Bortles to me this year and would take him over BB in a heartbeat. As would most people.

Put Luck on this team and we are 4-1 easy.

I disagree. Bortles only looks worse because of stats but 3 of his ints should have been caught by his receivers. He's been horribly unlucky. This week's one particularly so.

I think we lose more with Luck if we swapped qbs. For starters Bortles outplayed him In the Indy game. Also he struggles to make plays when ty Hilton isn't 5 yards open.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016, 02:00 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:I disagree. Bortles only looks worse because of stats but 3 of his ints should have been caught by his receivers. He's been horribly unlucky. This week's one particularly so.

I think we lose more with Luck if we swapped qbs. For starters Bortles outplayed him In the Indy game. Also he struggles to make plays when ty Hilton isn't 5 yards open.
Nah he doesn't look good regardless of the stats. Was good against the Packers/Colts.

Luck has worse receivers/running backs/tight ends but still looks better than Blake.

Quote:Nah he doesn't look good regardless of the stats. Was good against the Packers/Colts.

Luck has a worse receivers/running backs/tight ends but still looks better than Blake.
I agree, Luck is clearly better than Bortles right now without teal Glasses on. If Bortles took the step we expected him to, maybe Luck wouldn't be better. But Bortles hasn't done it so far. Part of that is playcalling trying to establish the run game we still don't have. Can't fix the offensive line crappy run blocking, but we could go back to our strength and just let Bortles go out and fling it like last year.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:I agree, Luck is clearly better than Bortles right now without teal Glasses on. If Bortles took the step we expected him to, maybe Luck wouldn't be better. But Bortles hasn't done it so far. Part of that is playcalling trying to establish the run game we still don't have. Can't fix the offensive line crappy run blocking, but we could go back to our strength and just let Bortles go out and fling it like last year.

I mean honestly at this point there isn't a single thing that Blake does better than Luck at the QB spot.

Obviously rooting for Bortles but at this point its clear Luck is a superior QB.

Quote:I mean honestly at this point there isn't a single thing that Blake does better than Luck at the QB spot.

Obviously rooting for Bortles but at this point its clear Luck is a superior QB.

I can't think of anything Luck does better than Bortles either. Possibly break tackles?

Are we watching the same guy? He's a streaky passer who makes big errors. They are basically the same guy but Bortles gets the nod for better recent form (last season)

Indy is getting 101.8 rushing yards at 4.2 a carry. Jacksonville is averaging 71 at 3.3.

But as usual a mass of excuses for Luck while Bortles get blames for similar level of play.

Luck interception:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans...efore-half

Bortles interception:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-j...n-end-zone

But yeah Andrew Luck playing much better...Only cost his team the game 

Quote:Indy is getting 101.8 rushing yards at 4.2 a carry. Jacksonville is averaging 71 at 3.3.

But as usual a mass of excuses for Luck while Bortles get blames for similar level of play.

I'm surprised the Jags running stats are at 3.3. I would have thought lower.

Quote:I'm surprised the Jags running stats are at 3.3. I would have thought lower.

Probably Bortles bringing than number up with his 5.0 yards per carry.

Quote:I can't think of anything Luck does better than Bortles either. Possibly break tackles?

Are we watching the same guy? He's a streaky passer who makes big errors. They are basically the same guy but Bortles gets the nod for better recent form (last season)

Luck has a better arm, throws less picks, has better pocket movement and is a better runner. What does Blake do better than Luck?

They are actually quite similar, just one is quite clearly better than the other.

Quote:Indy is getting 101.8 rushing yards at 4.2 a carry. Jacksonville is averaging 71 at 3.3.

How many times do we run the ball compared to the colts?

Quote:Luck has a better arm, throws less picks, has better pocket movement and is a better runner. What does Blake do better than Luck?

They are actually quite similar, just one is quite clearly better than the other.

Someone doesn't watch the games. Bortles has a far superior arm, Check out that Int above Lucks arm these days is very iffy. Bortles is a better runner (not much in it) although hasn't done much this year.

Luck is harder to bring down and shows better timing on his throws at times but Luck is at his ceiling while Bortles is still improving.

He's an example of Luck's big arm. Probably why they try and keep him throwing in the middle of the field...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-diego-char...NT-of-Luck

Quote:Someone doesn't watch the games. Bortles has a far superior arm, Check out that Int above Lucks arm these days is very iffy. Bortles is a better runner (not much in it) although hasn't done much this year.

Luck is harder to bring down and shows better timing on his throws at times but Luck is at his ceiling while Bortles is still improving.

I totally disagree. Would you be able to do a quick ranking of NFL starting QBs by their arm? Just curious to see where you would rank Bortles.

Why is Luck at his ceiling? He's only 27 and has played with a bad team for a few years.

Quote:I totally disagree. Would you be able to do a quick ranking of NFL starting QBs by their arm? Just curious to see where you would rank Bortles.

Why is Luck at his ceiling? He's only 27 and has played with a bad team for a few years.

Because he's not playing any better than he was 4 years ago?

I'd rate Bortles slightly above average and Luck slightly below. Neither are near any of the likes of Cam, Rodgers, Stafford etc

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016, 08:13 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

Quote:Because he's not playing any better than he was 4 years ago?

I'd rate Bortles slightly above average and Luck slightly below. Neither are near any of the likes of Cam, Rodgers, Stafford etc

Edit: oh arm strength, yeah thats fine, I dont think either has elite arm strength.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Because he's not playing any better than he was 4 years ago?

Can you do a 1-32? Really interested in where you have Luck and Blake.

Quote:Can you do a 1-32? Really interested in where you have Luck and Blake.

1. Farve

2. Laser Rocket arm Manning

3. Why hasnt Jags02 updated the stats? I am not gonna wate time and do it...