Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

Quote:@Jags02 Just curious... You give the Titans' running game and offensive line credit for Mariota's success, but claim Bortles doesn't need protection to succeed, yet here we are. How do you justify this? Your FO has once again left the Jaguars empty handed and Mariota is probably a little better than you (and I) estimated. For the Jaguars, I still stand that Bortles is not the problem. It's coaching and the FO.

Wait.. I've never said that Bortles doesn't need protection, although I know I've talked about him usually being able to sense and avoid pressure. Some of the pressure he's been under this year has been unreal. Also, right now Mariota is on a bit of a streak while Bortles is trying to come out of his funk.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Was pretty sweet opening up the Jags website this morning and seeing a big picture of Mariota on the main page.  

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Mariota is the new energizer bunny. He just keeps going and going...

Week ten results...

1. Marcus Mariota - 19 of 26 (73.1%) for 295 yards (11.3 YPA), 4 TDs and 0 INT for a 149.8 qb rating

2. Brock Osweiler - 14 of 27
    (51.9%)
    for 99 yards
    (3.7 YPA)
    , 2 TD and 0 INTs for a 85.3 qb rating

3. Blake Bortles - 32 of 49 (65.3%) for 265 yards (5.4 YPA), 2 TDs and 1 INT for a 84.1 qb rating with 2 fumbles (1 lost)

Overall results...

1. Marcus Mariota - 203 of 317 (64.0%)<span style="color:#008080;"><span style="color:#008080;"><strong>
    </strong>for 2,482 yards
    (7.8 YPA), 21 TDs and 8 INTs for a 99.6 qb rating with 7 fumbles (4 lost), 2 rush TDs</span></span>
  2. Andrew Luck - 221 of 347 (63.7%) for 2,565 yards (7.4 YPA), 17 TDs and 7 INTs for a 93.9 qb rating with 4 fumbles (3 lost), 1 rush TD

3. Blake Bortles - 228 of 380 (60.0%) for 2,421 yards (6.4 YPA), 16 TDs and 11 INTs for a 80.6 qb rating with 4 fumbles (3 lost), 1 rush TD

4. Brock Osweiler - 190 of 324
    (58.6%)
    for 1,818 yards
    (5.6 YPA)
    , 11 TDs and 9 INTs for a 74.1 rating with 5 fumbles
    (1 lost)

Osweiler won the game and the 2nd spot over Bortles this past week with his 2 TD passes and 0 INTs, but just look at his completion percentage, total passing yards and YPA. That's by far the ugliest stats posted in this thread.

'02

Quote:Mariota is the new energizer bunny. He just keeps going and going...

Week ten results...

<ul class="bbcol decimal">[*]Marcus Mariota - 19 of 26 (73.1%) for 295 yards (11.3 YPA), 4 TDs and 0 INT for a 149.8 qb rating
[*]Brock Osweiler - 14 of 27
(51.9%)
for 99 yards
(3.7 YPA)
, 2 TD and 0 INTs for a 85.3 qb rating
[*]Blake Bortles - 32 of 49 (65.3%) for 265 yards (5.4 YPA), 2 TDs and 1 INT for a 84.1 qb rating with 2 fumbles (1 lost)
</ul>
Overall results...
<ul class="bbcol decimal">[*]Marcus Mariota - 203 of 317 (64.0%)<span style="color:#008080;"><span style="color:#008080;"><strong>
</strong>for 2,482 yards
(7.8 YPA), 21 TDs and 8 INTs for a 99.6 qb rating with 7 fumbles (4 lost), 2 rush TDs</span></span>[*]Andrew Luck - 221 of 347 (63.7%) for 2,565 yards (7.4 YPA), 17 TDs and 7 INTs for a 93.9 qb rating with 4 fumbles (3 lost), 1 rush TD
[*]Blake Bortles - 228 of 380 (60.0%) for 2,421 yards (6.4 YPA), 16 TDs and 11 INTs for a 80.6 qb rating with 4 fumbles (3 lost), 1 rush TD
[*]Brock Osweiler - 190 of 324
(58.6%)
for 1,818 yards
(5.6 YPA)
, 11 TDs and 9 INTs for a 74.1 rating with 5 fumbles
(1 lost)
</ul>
Osweiler won the game and the 2nd spot over Bortles this past week with his 2 TD passes and 0 INTs, but just look at his completion percentage, total passing yards and YPA. That's by far the ugliest stats posted in this thread.

Blake is not the worse QB in the league, and we are pretty much asking him to carry us. But still he has to be better.

Mariota on the other hand, wow, what a difference. He is balling this year.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Maybe Mariota will become a fat drunk, lose all his hair, and regress to Pop Warner level mechanics in year 3.

A man can dream.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Maybe Mariota will become a fat drunk, lose all his hair, and regress to Pop Warner level mechanics in year 3.

A man can dream.
The way you post on this board makes you a bigger loser than Bortles

Maybe time to close this thread up? Lol reading thru some of the pages from the off-season are laughable at this point.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Just a reminder that when i said Marcus was better than Blake and that he was a great QB being held back by a bad oline and lack of rushing game i was called a troll

Thanks everyone for playing it was fun

Quote:Just a reminder that when i said Marcus was better than Blake and that he was a great QB being held back by a bad oline and lack of rushing game i was called a troll

Indeed. Now they just need a corner, a safety, and a fast WR.

Quote:Indeed. Now they just need a corner, a safety, and a fast WR.

How do you like Mularkey?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:How do you like Mularkey?

I think he's servicable. For now. Really hasn't been any atrocious play calling, and the players love him. Supposedly he's changed a bit since his days in Jax and is a little more relaxed. If he keeps decent coordinators and assistants then I think he will be fine.

Quote:I think we lose more with Luck if we swapped qbs.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm rolling Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:Just a reminder that when i said Marcus was better than Blake and that he was a great QB being held back by a bad oline and lack of rushing game i was called a troll

1. No likes a person who says I told you so.

2. A lot of us didn't say Mariota was crap or for sure better than Blake. But at the time, during last season, Blake was playing better. I myself said the jury was out on Mariota, and that it was too soon in a rookie year to say what he truly was. Blake has had a horrible nine game streak so far, and now Mariota looks better and has the upper hand. If Bortles doesn't improve it will stay that way.

3. Clearly you are a troll in a way because you've exhibited schaudenfruede over the fact that Bortles is regressing and you were right about Mariota.

Quote:1. No likes a person who says I told you so.

2. A lot of us didn't say Mariota was crap or for sure better than Blake. But at the time, during last season, Blake was playing better. I myself said the jury was out on Mariota, and that it was too soon in a rookie year to say what he truly was. Blake has had a horrible nine game streak so far, and now Mariota looks better and has the upper hand. If Bortles doesn't improve it will stay that way.

3. Clearly you are a troll in a way because you've exhibited schaudenfruede over the fact that Bortles is regressing and you were right about Mariota.
I dont care what you guys like lol. I had people in here telling me the titans should be looking for a new qb soon cause mariota had peaked, so yeah im a little bit satisfied that these same guys are watching their pseudo analysis getting exposed.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2016, 12:25 AM by lastonealive.)

Quote:HAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm rolling Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Where the hell have you been?

You on a rubbish win streak or something?

Flipped to the Colts game for a couple of plays and of course Luck throws a bonehead pick. He's still the same guy.

Quote:I dont care what you guys like lol. I had people in here telling me the titans should be looking for a new qb soon cause mariota had peaked, so yeah im a little bit satisfied that these same guys are watching their pseudo analysis getting exposed.

Those were few. There were way more who merely said patience on Mariota. Most fans thought Bortles would shoot for the stars after promise last year and look where we are now. Stop lumping all in the same coal.

Quote:Where the hell have you been?

You on a rubbish win streak or something?

Flipped to the Colts game for a couple of plays and of course Luck throws a bonehead pick. He's still the same guy.

You wish you had Luck so bad, it's sad.

Remember back in the day (beginning of the year) when you said Bortles was the best QB in the AFC South? Oh, good times.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2016, 04:31 PM by lastonealive.)

Quote:You wish you had Luck so bad, it's sad.

Remember back in the day (beginning of the year) when you said Bortles was the best QB in the AFC South? Oh, good times.
He was, now it looks like Mariota he's really improved. Don't know what's happened to Bortles, looks like Luck last year.

So sad you only Post after a few wins.

Quote:You wish you had Luck so bad, it's sad.

He was last year, although that isn't saying much.

Look, of course we defended our QB and tried to downplay those of our rivals (although I wasn't one to say Luck was bad, I always said he was a franchise QB).

This is a Jaguars message board. It should be expected.

It is also understandable that fans from division rivals come here and give us crap now that Bortles has completely imploded.

I think 99% of the posters here aren't delusional about the fact that Bortles sucks. We had hope, we were wrong, and now we move on. Houston fans will be going through the same thing fairly soon.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I still believe Bortles can be the guy but obviously something isn't right at the moment, there's no consistency at all.

But Luck isn't anywhere close to top of the list who I would prefer playing in his place right now. You would still get the boneheaded plays with only slightly improved accuracy. Give me TY Hilton though.