Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Walking Dead, Season 7 (spoilers)

Quote:Also keep in mind that the current season started on day +628 of the global outbreak. So even though the characters age due to real life seasons, it's only been technically 21/22 months of total time.

I didn't know that.

It seems like more time has passed in the show to me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gas is just one thing. The fact that there seems to be an endless amount of supplies to scavenge is another. In reality they would need to start growing their own food and making their own supplies very quick. Medicine wouldnt last either.

Quote:I didn't know that.

Yeah the timeline is strange. For instance, Rick wakes up on day +59 so if you subtract that from the main timeline, it's only been like a year and a half of wandering. Season one itself only lasted 5 days of in-world time. The entire Governor/Woodbury/Prison story arch lasts all of 21 days.

It's really hard to properly gauge the time frame due to the younger characters aging.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I mean that timeline still doesn't fix the gas issue. But in a universe where there was never a zombie movie made (creators own words) maybe gas oxidizes after a longer time or never at all.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Yeah the timeline is strange. For instance, Rick wakes up on day +59 so if you subtract that from the main timeline, it's only been like a year and a half of wandering. Season one itself only lasted 5 days of in-world time. The entire Governor/Woodbury/Prison story arch lasts all of 21 days.

It's really hard to properly gauge the time frame due to the younger characters aging.

Cool, thanks.

Do you know this from the comics?

Yeah, where are you getting the days from? I haven't seen them mentioned in the comics. 

Those timelines are nuts! Carl has grown up in a year lol

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Wa...w_Timeline

Way at the bottom it gives timeline sourcing.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

That's interesting and I haven't had time to read it much...does it take into account the time they had downtime? The farm, the prison pre-governor. People healed from all kinds are gnarly wounds during those periods. Had to have been months at a time.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I read an article today quoted Nicotero saying that the girl community is Oceanside. That means they are moving away from the Comic storyline and we might not see two fairly popular characters from that community.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I didn't know that.

Time moved quicker early, I think... and then slowed down as the seasons progressed and deeper storylines had to be met other than running from walkers.

Quote:Time moved quicker early, I think... and then slowed down as the seasons progressed and deeper storylines had to be met other than running from walkers.

They also time jumped the winter after season 2 to speed through Lori's pregnancy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

That timeline is nothing short of very flawed, IMO. I'd like to hear someone from the production comment on it rather than a fan wiki that has no one involved. Doesn't fit all the farming (human and plant) that was happening. Also, the zombies will decay into dust by next season at this pace. Better wrap up the story.

These fans don't have it right. But then, none of these details are to be followed so closely. It's just fantasy.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:That timeline is nothing short of very flawed, IMO. I'd like to hear someone from the production comment on it rather than a fan wiki that has no one involved. Doesn't fit all the farming (human and plant) that was happening. Also, the zombies will decay into dust by next season at this pace. Better wrap up the story.

These fans don't have it right. But then, none of these details are to be followed so closely. It's just fantasy.

If you read the sourcing at the bottom of the page it actually explains how the dates are referenced in the show directly or by the actors/creators
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:If you read the sourcing at the bottom of the page it actually explains how the dates are referenced in the show directly or by the actors/creators

That makes it much worse for me, then... and raises my respect for the comic version vs what they've done to it on TV past Darabont.

A lot more time has passed than what they're representing, and what they've done makes no sense.

Is that not the Smokey and the Bandit trailer?

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

These people are weird
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Is that not the Smokey and the Bandit trailer?

Yes!  Yes, it was... I knew it looked familiar but couldn't place it.

Great catch!

I'm not pleased where they're going with this.

It's becoming a caricature of a production.

Maybe when all is said and done, before I die someone will remake the entire thing... in an over the top comic/cartoon/live action production in the vein of Sin City etc. so they get it right without being so inadequate at times.

If it weren't for the Boss fight, this episode was laughable for the portion at the junk pile.  Even that was a bit disappointing, as it ended about as quickly as it started.

And how can they make one of the best characters (Carol) seem so uninteresting?

I think they're getting lazy and taking the audience for granted.  It's as if they high fived after the Negan introduction was met with good reviews, and they've been on vacation celebrating it ever since.

The show Negan is catoonish, the book one is a ruthless mob boss. The show needs some help.

Quote:The show Negan is catoonish, the book one is a ruthless mob boss. The show needs some help.

There's also only so much you can do on network TV
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS