Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Walking Dead, Season 7 (spoilers)

Pretty meh episode, I said before and I'll say again, this show needs 10 episodes a season max. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:There's also only so much you can do on network TV

Still, comics Negan isnt a psycho/sociopath nearly the level of the tv one. The calculation and long term planning just isnt there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The best part of the season so far has been the Super Bowl commercial with Lucille and the football.

I nearly fell asleep watching that episode. 

Quote:I nearly fell asleep watching that episode.

My wife is the same way. I disagree, I love these back story/character developing episodes.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2017, 07:11 AM by Caldrac.)

I liked last night's episode. We saw a side of Eugene we haven't seen before. It was hilarious. That dude is capable of much, much more than previously thought. And Negan did make a good point. Rick didn't really utilize or maximize his intelligence. It does seem though at some point him and Dwight will work on something to scheme Negan into the ground. Negan's internal downfall has already started. He's clearly blind now when it comes to Dwight. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:I liked last night's episode. We saw a side of Eugene we haven't seen before. It was hilarious. That dude is capable of much, much more than previously thought. And Negan did make a good point. Rick didn't really utilize or maximize his intelligence. It does seem though at some point him and Dwight will work on something to scheme Negan into the ground. Negan's internal downfall has already started. He's clearly blind now when it comes to Dwight. 

Best episode yet.

I think they did a very good job of both backstory and character development for Dwight and Eugene.

Both are more complicated than they appear on the surface.  That's their survivor skill.  Concealment.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Best episode yet.

I think they did a very good job of both backstory and character development for Dwight and Eugene.

Both are more complicated than they appear on the surface.  That's their survivor skill.  Concealment.

I agree with this.

Quote:My wife is the same way. I disagree, I love these back story/character developing episodes.

I dont have an issue with those type of episodes on better shows, I just dont think the majority of the actors and writers on this show are good enough to carry it. 

Quote:I dont have an issue with those type of episodes on better shows, I just dont think the majority of the actors and writers on this show are good enough to carry it.

Just curious, what shows do you feel are capable?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Just curious, what shows do you feel are capable?

From current tv, GoT would be the obvious choice, better call saul does well in that space, americans, probably a good deal of big name netflix shows from what I've seen. 

I'm sure there are plenty im missing.

The show spiralled downhill for me ever since Shane died and stopped after the prison bit.

Is it worth restarting it?

Quote:The show spiralled downhill for me ever since Shane died and stopped after the prison bit.

The Comics? Totally

The Show... yeah probably. It's pretty good for the most part. 

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:The show spiralled downhill for me ever since Shane died and stopped after the prison bit.

While I usually speak about the shows writing, it can still be entertaining in spite of it. 

I had skipped season 4 because season 3 was sooooo bad, I haven't stopped watching it since though. 

Quote:I liked last night's episode. We saw a side of Eugene we haven't seen before. It was hilarious. That dude is capable of much, much more than previously thought. And Negan did make a good point. Rick didn't really utilize or maximize his intelligence. It does seem though at some point him and Dwight will work on something to scheme Negan into the ground. Negan's internal downfall has already started. He's clearly blind now when it comes to Dwight. 
We have seen that side. That is the survival by any means side. That is who he was when we first met him. He lied his way to safety with a strong group. That is who he is. He is playing the game for now with Negan.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:From current tv, GoT would be the obvious choice, better call saul does well in that space, americans, probably a good deal of big name netflix shows from what I've seen.

I'm sure there are plenty im missing.

I'll give you GOT for sure. I haven't watched enough of the others to say for sure.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2017, 09:04 AM by Caldrac.)

Quote:We have seen that side. That is the survival by any means side. That is who he was when we first met him. He lied his way to safety with a strong group. That is who he is. He is playing the game for now with Negan.

True. But he was a lot more fearful around Rick and Abraham. He cozy'd up quick with Negan. He was always called out for his cowardice and lack of confidence around Rick's group. Especially by Rosita. He quickly grew a pair by the middle of that episode.

Negan knows how to work people too. I wouldn't be surprised if they twist this around by the end of the season. But we had never seen him assert himself in the manner he did when he was lined up to get the items he needed among other people.  

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:True. But he was a lot more fearful around Rick and Abraham. He cozy'd up quick with Negan. He was always called out for his cowardice and lack of confidence around Rick's group. Especially by Rosita. He quickly grew a pair by the middle of that episode.

Negan knows how to work people too. I wouldn't be surprised if they twist this around by the end of the season. But we had never seen him assert himself in the manner he did when he was lined up to get the items he needed among other people.  
I think the badgering of being called a coward often by Rosita, among others, has kind of hardened him. It has helped in this enocunter with Negan. He has kind of grown a spine it seems. He knows who he was dealing with in Negan and if he didnt fall in line quick and play the game he could suffer the fate of some from his group who he held on to so dearly. 

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

I loved this episode, literally laughing gleefully when Eugene resurrected the Human Genome Project.

I'm not sure Eugene can ever redeem himself for past cowardice, but he can surely become someone we love to hate.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I loved this episode, literally laughing gleefully when Eugene resurrected the Human Genome Project.

I'm not sure Eugene can ever redeem himself for past cowardice, but he can surely become someone we love to hate.

Exactly. I don't know what his role is in the comics since I don't read them. But it would be pretty cool to see him develop into some kind of mad scientist or leader of a new cult or group once Negan gets taken down.

I am pulling for the guy now. I hope he gets laid LOL. That one lady with the nose ring was somewhat nice and decent to him. I certainly felt like this was the best side story or character developing story of the series so far. At least in a long, long time.