Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Walking Dead, Season 7 (spoilers)

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2017, 11:18 AM by TravC59.)

The more I think about the Eugene situation, the more questions come up for me. Could he come to the point where he enjoys his new place with Negan? I think that is a definite yes. He is appreciated for his brains. His mind can be of use. When he first latched on with Abraham and then them with Rick's crew. He knew he was inept in surviving that post apocalyptic world so he had to lie to survive. 

Now with his intelligence becoming a benefit in that world, he just may turn cheek. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. It isn't something Rick's crew seemed to acknowledge much at all

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Eugene may have acted like a tough guy, but deep down he's the weasely coward that he has always been.  If he wasn't a coward he would have given the girl the pill to commit suicide, but because he saw the dr die, he wouldn't do it.

I'm trying to figure out how he dies by end of season.  Will Negan find out he's been lying the whole time, or will Rick's group kill him?  Either way, it will be great.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2017, 11:33 AM by Caldrac.)

Quote:Eugene may have acted like a tough guy, but deep down he's the weasely coward that he has always been.  If he wasn't a coward he would have given the girl the pill to commit suicide, but because he saw the dr die, he wouldn't do it.

I'm trying to figure out how he dies by end of season.  Will Negan find out he's been lying the whole time, or will Rick's group kill him?  Either way, it will be great.

No. I think he knew better. Remember, those girls asked for two pills and were specific about the weight. Eugene already caught on that those pills were intended to kill Negan. I almost thought it was some kind of test from Negan to see if Eugene could ultimately be trusted. But when he asked who he was that was hilarious anyway. "Who are y..." "I am Negan. Always was, etc.". 

He played it smart though by not giving those pills out. Had Negan died all hell would break loose and he'd be blamed for it for being the newcomer and brainiac type of guy. And Negan might be an [BLEEP] but you know he'll always have loyalists. 

Eugene won't be killed. I still think he's going to end up teaming up with Dwight. While the rest of the groups are gathering their forces and plotting their attack on Sanctuary and Negan those two could very well be the ones that expose a weakness or convince the group to turn heel on Negan before they all end up dead at some point. 

They've been setting that up since last year with Dwight. It's not a matter of if. It's a matter of when now. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:No. I think he knew better. Remember, those girls asked for two pills and were specific about the weight. Eugene already caught on that those pills were intended to kill Negan. I almost thought it was some kind of test from Negan to see if Eugene could ultimately be trusted. But when he asked who he was that was hilarious anyway. "Who are y..." "I am Negan. Always was, etc.". 

He played it smart though by not giving those pills out. Had Negan died all hell would break loose and he'd be blamed for it for being the newcomer and brainiac type of guy. And Negan might be an [BAD WORD REMOVED] but you know he'll always have loyalists. 

Eugene won't be killed. I still think he's going to end up teaming up with Dwight. While the rest of the groups are gathering their forces and plotting their attack on Sanctuary and Negan those two could very well be the ones that expose a weakness or convince the group to turn heel on Negan before they all end up dead at some point. 

They've been setting that up since last year with Dwight. It's not a matter of if. It's a matter of when now. 
I think Dwight is getting ready to turn on Negan too and am with you, have been setting that up for quite a while now too.

;

Also, don't forget Eugene still has those pills.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

He is playing Negan like a fiddle. Eugene's will to survive at any cost is admirable and he plays the game well. He doesn't let anything sidetrack him. Once he understands the lay of the land he goes to work. He admitted to Abraham and Co that he was a terrific liar and that is what saved his cowardly butt. I believe he is still Team Alexandria and is just doing what he has to do for now since he knows he can't escape. Why not take advantage of his position there and collect intel that he can use later?

Quote:It isn't something Rick's crew seemed to acknowledge much at all

I think the fact that he lied and everyone truly believed he could help.... I mean, that was huge. I think there may have been a trust issue after that really wasn't fleshed out.

Quote:I think the fact that he lied and everyone truly believed he could help.... I mean, that was huge. I think there may have been a trust issue after that really wasn't fleshed out.
Very true. But certain people like that ego stroke. Once they get it, they just may go back for me.

I for one hope he stays true to rick's group.

;

Quote:I loved this episode, literally laughing gleefully when Eugene resurrected the Human Genome Project.

The best part is....what if that really is the truth?

[Image: joaquin-phoenix-shock-signs.gif]

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Very true. But certain people like that ego stroke. Once they get it, they just may go back for me.

I for one hope he stays true to rick's group.

If he's doing what I think he's doing as described in my post above then I think whatever he needs to prove to Rick and Co will be more than enough to show them he is a worthy asset. So far the show has relied more on physical strength and mental toughness to show daily survival. They haven't explored the intelligence needed to survive the long game. We've seen it here and there but I think Eugene has a specific talent that would bring it all to a new level if people would listen to him. Sadly his batting record isn't that great when they have needed him to step up and he hasn't.

Then again, I could be completely wrong.

Quote:If he's doing what I think he's doing as described in my post above then I think whatever he needs to prove to Rick and Co will be more than enough to show them he is a worthy asset. So far the show has relied more on physical strength and mental toughness to show daily survival. They haven't explored the intelligence needed to survive the long game. We've seen it here and there but I think Eugene has a specific talent that would bring it all to a new level if people would listen to him. Sadly his batting record isn't that great when they have needed him to step up and he hasn't.

Then again, I could be completely wrong.

That's what bothers me about Negan, he wouldn't just throw his doctor in the furnace like that. He's much better at long term planning than to make such a bone headed short term decision. Eugene in the comics isn't this same character either, so maybe he'll be the strategy guy needed to reign in PsychoNegan.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Also, don't forget Eugene still has those pills.

I'm thinking he should hide them behind the wall outlet.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:That's what bothers me about Negan, he wouldn't just throw his doctor in the furnace like that. He's much better at long term planning than to make such a bone headed short term decision. Eugene in the comics isn't this same character either, so maybe he'll be the strategy guy needed to reign in PsychoNegan.
Someone on here also mentioned Negan is more off the chain sociopath than in the comics where he is more of a..... Hood thug. Gang leader. I can't remember what they said he was in the comics. I'm glad I haven't read the comics so for me what I see is what I get. I know the comics are super awesome but I would be way too confused at this point to read and watch. Maybe read them later.

Quote:Someone on here also mentioned Negan is more off the chain sociopath than in the comics where he is more of a..... Hood thug. Gang leader. I can't remember what they said he was in the comics. I'm glad I haven't read the comics so for me what I see is what I get. I know the comics are super awesome but I would be way too confused at this point to read and watch. Maybe read them later.

Mob boss.

I'm one of those guys that when a show makes you think one thing it doesn't always come to fruition.  I still have some hesitation in regards to Eugene and Dwight.  It will be interesting to see how they take it.

By the way, Negan's group didn't realize that only a small portion of the bombs went off on the highway?

Interesting episode last night. Richonne's little sexcation. I wasn't a huge fan of this one, and I really don't like the "garbage pail kids" or whatever you want to call them.

I do think it's funny how the danger in the world has progressed. 4-5 season ago a group of 10-15 Walkers would have been near impossible to stop. And they would have tried to befriend the 2 Saviors golfing.

Now they take out the people and would have easily taken out the Walkers if Rick wasn't an idiot.

I'm getting tired of Rosita as well.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Well...

Bye Sasha-licia.

Quote:Interesting episode last night. Richonne's little sexcation. I wasn't a huge fan of this one, and I really don't like the "garbage pail kids" or whatever you want to call them.

I do think it's funny how the danger in the world has progressed. 4-5 season ago a group of 10-15 Walkers would have been near impossible to stop. And they would have tried to befriend the 2 Saviors golfing.

Now they take out the people and would have easily taken out the Walkers if Rick wasn't an idiot.

I'm getting tired of Rosita as well.

It's not about the undead anymore, they are just set decoration for all this silly post-Apocalyptic grandstanding.

Rosita and Sasha are fixing to [BLEEP] everything up for Rick's group and Maggie's. All they had to do was remain patient and just communicate with Rick to see what they were planning. Rick may have already caught on though. He did question Tara about her. 

Tara does need to spit it out already too about that group she found by the ocean. That would have possibly kept Rosita still instead of her acting on her own. 

Based on the preview though it looks like we might start seeing Carol come back out of her shell. Maybe she got bored sitting there alone. And it also looks like Ezekiel will finally be pushed enough to join Rick once they have another stare down and pissing contest during another supply scene. 

I bet they'll kill off that kid that Morgan and Ezekiel like too. That'll be the trigger point for them all. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Rosita and Sasha are fixing to [BAD WORD REMOVED] everything up for Rick's group and Maggie's. All they had to do was remain patient and just communicate with Rick to see what they were planning. Rick may have already caught on though. He did question Tara about her.

Tara does need to spit it out already too about that group she found by the ocean. That would have possibly kept Rosita still instead of her acting on her own.

Based on the preview though it looks like we might start seeing Carol come back out of her shell. Maybe she got bored sitting there alone. And it also looks like Ezekiel will finally be pushed enough to join Rick once they have another stare down and [BAD WORD REMOVED] contest during another supply scene.

I bet they'll kill off that kid that Morgan and Ezekiel like too. That'll be the trigger point for them all.

We saw Ezekiel pointing a gun so I think they're going to stop hiding and join the fight.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS