Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your offseason with a twist

Free agent : JPP

Resign: Abry, Prince

2nd round: Tyler Moton/Lamp

Think it will be easier to find a guard this offseason than it will a right tackle. Tyler Moton dominated in college and could probably start day 1 at RT. If he's gone then I'd probably take lamp at guard.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

FA:  DE Jason Pierre-Paul ...proven rusher in his prime to pair across from Ngakoue, the QB must go down.

Resign:  CB Prince Amukamara ...solid cornerback.

Resign:  DT Abry Jones ...important given Miller achilles return.

2nd Round:  OG Dan Feeney ...the OL must be addressed.  (was close to DS Budda Baker, the next Bob Sanders)

Quote:This was my initial scenario but that leave a big gap at SS. The way Marrone praised Parnell's last two games without solicitation makes me think RT might not be as big of a priority for them as it is for the fans. 

I wasn't much worried about the S spot with this exercise because I'm thinking we'll get one at #4 overall.

'02

Quote:Rules: You can only sign 1 high-priced Free Agent. You can only resign 2 of our own guys. And who would you like us to draft in the SECOND ROUND.

(The board is kind of boring lately, so..)

High priced FA: Chandler Jones, DE

Resign 2: John Cyprien, SS & Abry Jones, NT

2nd round pick: Cordrea Tankersley, CB

Quote:High priced FA: Chandler Jones, DE

Resign 2: John Cyprien, SS & Abry Jones, NT

2nd round pick: Cordrea Tankersley, CB

No way Jones will be available. I challenge you to pick another high pricer instead of Jones. (Just for fun)

Quote:No way Jones will be available. I challenge you to pick another high pricer instead of Jones. (Just for fun)

Sure.

I'd also group Eric Berry, Kevin Zeitler, LeVeon Bell in the "no way" category. A more tapered projection would be Larry Warford, G from Detroit.

Perhaps another viable option would be Logan Ryan, CB out of NE but then my 2nd rounder wouldn't necessarily be another CB. In that scenario, I would like to see Cam Robinson, OT as the pick.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2017, 11:23 PM by CAPTAIN.)

Quote:No way Jones will be available. I challenge you to pick another high pricer instead of Jones. (Just for fun)
Doube post move.

Swish

Cool to see almost everyone saying Abry Jones. People used to think he was just a relief guy and couldn't be a starter but proved he has what it takes. 

Quote:Cool to see almost everyone saying Abry Jones. People used to think he was just a relief guy and couldn't be a starter but proved he has what it takes.
At one point he was just thay, he has gotten better every year since he's been in the League though

Abry really came through this season.  He was solo on the depth chart for a large portion of the season and stood up well.  Not just performance wise, but stamina too.

Certain keeper.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Abry really came through this season.  He was solo on the depth chart for a large portion of the season and stood up well.  Not just performance wise, but stamina too.

Certain keeper.
In Caldwell's worst draft -  at least he landed Abry Jones and Carson Tinker as UDFAs that year. 

(Also some quality FA signings that year in Marks, Miller, Ball and Will Blackmon)

Always nice to see a longshot work out. I hope they get Jones re-signed. 

Quote:In Caldwell's worst draft -  at least he landed Abry Jones and Carson Tinker as UDFAs that year. 

(Also some quality FA signings that year in Marks, Miller, Ball and Will Blackmon)

Always nice to see a longshot work out. I hope they get Jones re-signed. 
A ton of others did as well.  Caldwell is very good picking later in draft. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Warford

Jones and Prince

Feeney

JPP

Prince, A.Jones

McCaffery 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Do you guys think JPP will really leave NY?

Quote:Do you guys think JPP will really leave NY?

Possibly.

Anyways...

Sign: JPP

Re-sign: Prince and Jones

Draft: Forrest Lamp

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Sign: Eric Berry, S, Chiefs 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Resign: Abry Jones, DT / Prince Amukamara, CB 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Second Round Draft Choice: Antonio Garcia, OT, Troy 

Quote:

Sign: Eric Berry, S, Chiefs

Resign: Abry Jones, DT / Prince Amukamara, CB

Second Round Draft Choice: Antonio Garcia, OT, Troy

I don't think Berry will leave. Who would be your 2nd choice.

Assuming Jags draft a safety, I'd sign Romo. I do think the Cowboys will be unable to trade Romo and will release him. Have a true QB competition.

Quote:Do you guys think JPP will really leave NY?
I think they resign him, but they have some work to do on offense so if they decide not to or just cant keep him well know where that money is going