Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your offseason with a twist

Quote:Assuming Jags draft a safety, I'd sign Romo. I do think the Cowboys will be unable to trade Romo and will release him. Have a true QB competition.
If you sign romo thats not competing. Tony wins that job with his eyes closed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If you sign romo thats not competing. Tony wins that job with his eyes closed.

Extremely fragile 36 year old vs. 24 year old with tons of talent and upside who already has the support of the entire locker room.

Compelling argument.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Extremely fragile 36 year old vs. 24 year old with tons of talent and upside who already has the support of the entire locker room.

Compelling argument.
Bortles doesnt have a ton of talent, if he did we wouldnt be considering competition for him.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2017, 06:33 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quarterback who will probably get hurt but if he doesnt is very good

vs

Quaterback who wont get hurt and isnt good

one of these scenarios includes someone playing football well. I think thats enough of an argument. But lets not derail this thread. Theres a Romo thread in the NFL At Large section if youd like to discuss this any further.

Not so sure about the support of the 'entire' locker room either. Even with his WRs...

Anyway, good thread Fanatic. I like the moderating skills too, following up on posts.

Not au fait with college personnel as in the past, but glad to see Abry & Prince get the resign votes. 1 down, congrats to Jones. We may be surprised with the big FA signing. New regime, varying thoughts on most pressing need, etc

Quick note. Cyp may have gotten more valuable than perceived. He improved notably this year; may be getting seasoned now. You'd hate for him to blossom upon departure.

His FS bud, Gipson, was lukewarm to me. His ghastly 'team interception defense' is etched in my head.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Assuming Jags draft a safety, I'd sign Romo. I do think the Cowboys will be unable to trade Romo and will release him. Have a true QB competition.
Really? A rookie took his job and showed everyone how much talent that team has.  The best thing to happen to the Cowboys was Romo getting hurt...they would have never realized their potential.  He could barely get them to play .500 football and he's the most injury prone QB in football.  No thanks.

FA: Berry

Our FA: Jones, and Prince

2nd Round: Walker, DE FSU

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2017, 10:35 PM by Samjag904.)

Free Agent: Warford

Resign: Cyp/Beachum

2nd Round: Dan Feeney G: Indiana

Cyp was better last year than he is given credit for. Beachum was alright coming off a horrible knee injury, he will return to form. We need some real hogs up front to run block though. I really like Feeney, best guard in this draft. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Free Agent: Eric Berry(replaces Cyprien and makes our D top 5)

Re-Sign: Beachum( best option we have)

2nd round: Tees Tabor, Sidney Jones, or Quincy Wilson

I would like to use Prince money to sign Berry if he hits the market and go with a corner in the 2nd since this draft has good corner options. Of course sign a guard. send 3rd rounder for Sheldon Richardson. BOOM. Dream Team. Draft Fournette in the 1st. rounds 4-7 OT/G every round. 

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 03:10 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Extremely fragile 36 year old vs. 24 year old with tons of talent and upside who already has the support of the entire locker room.

Compelling argument.
At the end of the day to many players.  It is about bonuses and incentives.  And if the team feels romo in this hypothetical.  

Gives them the best chance to have higher numbers and better stats.   That is the only motive or incentive the team needs to have the locker room. 

However,  Being we made no play for manning. When was available.   Unless feels that was a huge mistake.  Romo will not be in our sights.  

But to think, The Jaguars would not make a run for Tyrod or Kirk if became available.  Then that wouldn't be smart business.  Even though neither may feel Jax is the right fit.   Cause not automatically named the starter. 

But if I was either of those qbs and seen Blake play lately.   I would not be scared of competition.  And know deep inside,  right now I am better then Blake. 

However, overconfidence could backfire as well.   But some sort of insurance policy.  Is always better than no real one. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Not so sure about the support of the 'entire' locker room either. Even with his WRs...

Anyway, good thread Fanatic. I like the moderating skills too, following up on posts.

Not au fait with college personnel as in the past, but glad to see Abry & Prince get the resign votes. 1 down, congrats to Jones. We may be surprised with the big FA signing. New regime, varying thoughts on most pressing need, etc

Quick note. Cyp may have gotten more valuable than perceived. He improved notably this year; may be getting seasoned now. You'd hate for him to blossom upon departure.

His FS bud, Gipson, was lukewarm to me. His ghastly 'team interception defense' is etched in my head.

Thank you sir.

Quote:At the end of the day to many players. It is about bonuses and incentives. And if the team feels romo in this hypothetical.

Gives them the best chance to have higher numbers and better stats. That is the only motive or incentive the team needs to have the locker room.

However, Being we made no play for manning. When was available. Unless feels that was a huge mistake. Romo will not be in our sights.

But to think, The Jaguars would not make a run for Tyrod or Kirk if became available. Then that wouldn't be smart business. Even though neither may feel Jax is the right fit. Cause not automatically named the starter.

But if I was either of those qbs and seen Blake play lately. I would not be scared of competition. And know deep inside, right now I am better then Blake.

However, overconfidence could backfire as well. But some sort of insurance policy. Is always better than no real one.

Have you ever taken a Grammer course in your entire life?

Quote:Have you ever taken a Grammer course in your entire life?

Lo.l

Quote:Lo.l

I laughed...and then laughed again

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 12:49 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Nope. No need. Internet was not a thought.

My line of work abbreviates and short words everything.

But honestly is it the case? Run off sentences? Or hard to read?

Would it be better to do line by line underneith. Or three spaces?

Or is it the fact can read. And rather poke fun.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Thank you sir.
Yes. Quality thread for this time of year.  :thumbsup:

We should start a go fund me and kick this off!
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:At the end of the day to many players.  It is about bonuses and incentives.  And if the team feels romo in this hypothetical.  

Gives them the best chance to have higher numbers and better stats.   That is the only motive or incentive the team needs to have the locker room. 

However,  Being we made no play for manning. When was available.   Unless feels that was a huge mistake.  Romo will not be in our sights.  

But to think, The Jaguars would not make a run for Tyrod or Kirk if became available.  Then that wouldn't be smart business.  Even though neither may feel Jax is the right fit.   Cause not automatically named the starter. 

But if I was either of those qbs and seen Blake play lately.   I would not be scared of competition.  And know deep inside,  right now I am better then Blake. 

However, overconfidence could backfire as well.   But some sort of insurance policy.  Is always better than no real one. 

^^^ This. If you are Romo and you think you can still play, you see what the Jags have and how they progressed (Bortles aside), and you want to win again quickly, this is your best shot. And as the OP noted, injury prone is why Dallas will find it difficult to trade for substantial value. Jones is still a class act and will allow Romo to move on.

Quote:And as the OP noted, injury prone is why Dallas will find it difficult to trade for substantial value.

The OP didn't mention Romo. Unless your meaning what TTR said.

But you bring up a good point. With our defensive capabilities and Arob and Hurns and Lee, Tony Romo could flat out put up gaudy numbers.

If we draft a RB and a couple of hogs then this place could turn upside down in a good way.

Quote:^^^ This. If you are Romo and you think you can still play, you see what the Jags have and how they progressed (Bortles aside), and you want to win again quickly, this is your best shot. And as the OP noted, injury prone is why Dallas will find it difficult to trade for substantial value. Jones is still a class act and will allow Romo to move on.

You want to win again, quickly. So go to the team that has lost the most over the past half decade. Oh, I forgot, so much talent...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.