Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your offseason with a twist

Quote:Not so sure about the support of the 'entire' locker room either. Even with his WRs...

Anyway, good thread Fanatic. I like the moderating skills too, following up on posts.

Not au fait with college personnel as in the past, but glad to see Abry & Prince get the resign votes. 1 down, congrats to Jones. We may be surprised with the big FA signing. New regime, varying thoughts on most pressing need, etc

Quick note. Cyp may have gotten more valuable than perceived. He improved notably this year; may be getting seasoned now. You'd hate for him to blossom upon departure.

His FS bud, Gipson, was lukewarm to me. His ghastly 'team interception defense' is etched in my head.

Lol remember when Gipson said something along the lines that if he didnt get 7 interceptions he doesn't deserve his contract? I member

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lol remember when Gipson said something along the lines that if he didnt get 7 interceptions he doesn't deserve his contract? I member
Yeah I remember his interview after signing here in which he said "Yeah man, I made my due diligence, studied the team, got my info, that's why I came here the scheme is perfect for me and this is an ascending team headed in the right direction and with this dline it'll be a party for the defensive backs. "

End of season interview: "This is not what I was expecting, I haven't done enough due diligence before choosing to come here, I'm just a babysitter alone in the backfield, this scheme doesn't suit me at all" 

LOL

Gipson was a disappointment to me, I understand the scheme didnt help him and he was too deep in the backfield but he blew a few coverages and he really seemed afraid of contact when needed to tackle most of the time. 

He seemed soft.

He was rated the 58th safety in coverage, tied at the spot with Cyprien.....that says it all.