Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Here are my things jags must do from now till draft..

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2017, 01:56 AM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

Resign cyprien amukamara..

Sign ricky wagner and 2 other guards in FA..

Then in draft obviously comes Leonard fournette..

After we get fournette we should go defense the rest of the draft..

What yall think is it possible..

Do we even have the money to pull this off.. I think its possible..

No need for a qb.. I think bortles becomes instantly better off the bat..

Because of fournette ivory and improved Oline that's why..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I remember the bidding war between the Giants and Jags for Vernon. I was really, really wanting Vernon like many on the board were. But as the price escalated to a ridiculous amount I found myself screaming at the TV "don't do it Dave, he isn't worth that." I am thrilled Dave pulled back despite my wanting Vernon as an edge rusher for the Jags.

I'm all for re-signing Cyp and Prince. But I do believe their should be a line that Dave shouldn't cross. I know free agents are overpayed. In many instances way overpayed.

I wonder how the Texans fans like the contract they gave Brock? By all means spend, just spend wisely.

I'm all for drafting Fournette. I'm ok with signing Cyp and Prince. To be honest I think we have to sign both because it's one less hole to fill.

Fournette will give us what Yeldon and Ivory can't, which is to take pressure off our QB and slow down the pace of the game.

Fournette with no steam is Ivory. Why would we draft a guy we already have?
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Fournette with no steam is Ivory. Why would we draft a guy we already have?

Fournette with steam is better than what we have.

Who said anything about Fournette not having steam?

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2017, 07:54 AM by Caldrac.)

We went defense heavily in last year's draft. This year I think it will be more balanced. I expect it to favor the offense though. Should see a pair of lineman selected. Possibly a tight end and full back. Do not rule out the quarterback position as well at some point.

I think if they do add anymore pieces to the defense it's going to come through this year's free agency class. And does it appear that our first round pick will more than likely be on the defensive side of the ball as it's a pretty foregone conclusion that their's better defenders in this year's top ten to be had over the offense. 

I'd like to see them make a run at Zeitler and Lang at guard as an insurance policy in the event Cann can't get it done and just because of the injuries we had all across the board last year. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Fournette over Cook is just absurd. If we had Dallas Cowboys offensive line (meaning proven) then fine, but we don't and Fournette needs a line. 

Who's "Cyprien Amukamara?"
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

My list includes the draft:
  • add the best pieces available to the O-Line
  • Milanovich and Hackett must have a plan and execute it to help Bortles
  • Add a plan B at quarterback with a middle round pick or in (gulp) free agency in case Bortles melts down again 
  • Re-sign Amukamara, or a better free agent, or draft a CB in the second or third.
  • Don't overpay Cyprien. A SS with better coverage ability is an inevitable need anyway. Upgrade now or pay him a reasonable figure. He's not a long-term solution. 
  • Figure out a way to get Jack on the field more.  Whether it's taking over the Mike, playing Mike on nickel downs, or doing some hybrid SS duty  --   just get him out there more and utilize his speed. They need a plan now before addressing offseason personnel moves. 
  • Add a RB.  I'm not on the Cook/Fournette train even though they are both great.  I think Ivory/Yeldon/Grant can be good behind an improved line but they need one more chess piece in the backfield when the injury bug comes calling. I'd draft one in round 3,4, or 5. 
  • Add a FB. Probably an undrafted FA rookie or vet at minimum salary.  If they want to help Bortles with the run game they may as well have a dedicated lead blocker on the roster. 
  • One more pass rusher. I have confidence in Jackson and Ngakoue to continue getting it done and I think Fowler will contribute more in his second year, but I'm a fan of sending these guys in waves and using plenty of rotation.  Fowler may benefit from some competition too. Draft early or sign big. 

Quote:Fournette over Cook is just absurd. If we had Dallas Cowboys offensive line (meaning proven) then fine, but we don't and Fournette needs a line.

It's not absurd.

I feel like I am the only one, but seriously think a top priority this offseason needs to extend Linder, arob, or telvin. Lee and Colvin are also FA next offseason but they need to prove more. You can't franchise them all, and just like how we talk like let's sign Wagner or whoever... People will be saying that about our own players next season because you can bet they will leave.

Quote:I feel like I am the only one, but seriously think a top priority this offseason needs to extend Linder, arob, or telvin. Lee and Colvin are also FA next offseason but they need to prove more. You can't franchise them all, and just like how we talk like let's sign Wagner or whoever... People will be saying that about our own players next season because you can bet they will leave.

I agree with most of this. Locking up Telvin and Linder long term is a must.

Lee will earn an extension if he plays like he did last year. ARob is our best WR but if he doesnt bounce back, will he be the worth the $? He still has trade value now.

Cook played behind a terrible line (I can't believe Francois is still walking).  He has a burst we haven't seen by a back coming out of college in years.  He can compensate for a line that isn't dominant with that burst, Fournette can't.

Quote: 

My list includes the draft:
  • add the best pieces available to the O-Line
  • Milanovich and Hackett must have a plan and execute it to help Bortles
  • Add a plan B at quarterback with a middle round pick or in (gulp) free agency in case Bortles melts down again 
  • Re-sign Amukamara, or a better free agent, or draft a CB in the second or third.
  • Don't overpay Cyprien. A SS with better coverage ability is an inevitable need anyway. Upgrade now or pay him a reasonable figure. He's not a long-term solution. 
  • Figure out a way to get Jack on the field more.  Whether it's taking over the Mike, playing Mike on nickel downs, or doing some hybrid SS duty  --   just get him out there more and utilize his speed. They need a plan now before addressing offseason personnel moves. 
  • Add a RB.  I'm not on the Cook/Fournette train even though they are both great.  I think Ivory/Yeldon/Grant can be good behind an improved line but they need one more chess piece in the backfield when the injury bug comes calling. I'd draft one in round 3,4, or 5. 
  • Add a FB. Probably an undrafted FA rookie or vet at minimum salary.  If they want to help Bortles with the run game they may as well have a dedicated lead blocker on the roster. 
  • One more pass rusher. I have confidence in Jackson and Ngakoue to continue getting it done and I think Fowler will contribute more in his second year, but I'm a fan of sending these guys in waves and using plenty of rotation.  Fowler may benefit from some competition too. Draft early or sign big. 

I agree with just about all of this. The only exception might be waiting until the mid-rounds to take a running back. There's a good chance that the BAP at pick 4 will be a running back. A guy like Fournette or Cook will really help take the pressure off Bortles and it is clear the team will stick with him at least one more season. I'm just not sure there's a pass rusher I'd trust not named Garrett in the 1st round and the safety class is extremely deep so they can get Cyprien's replacement in the 2nd round  (Baker is my choice). 

#1...

address our offensive line needs. 

#2...

get some competition at quarterback in the event Bortles melts down again.

#3...

get some competition going for edge rusher.

#4...

repeat #1...

I wouldn't expect more than 1 FA OL guys. After giving Beachum and Linder their deals we would have 3 OL making ~10 mil a year. Even Parnell at 6.5 mil would be an extremely pricey 4th piece league wide if we signed someone like Lang or Zeitler. 

1 FA OL and 1 day 2 OL draft pick is fair. 

• Keep solid starters ...resign DT Jones and CB Amukamara.
  • Keep versatile depth players for minimums ...resign WRs Benn and Walters.
  • Let overpaid under-performers go ...release TE Thomas and DL Odrick.
  • Upgrade Cyprien if able in free agency ...sign SS Tony Jefferson. 
  • Beef up lines with proven young external free agents ...sign DE JPP and OG Kevin Zeitler.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2017, 06:07 PM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

Quote:We went defense heavily in last year's draft. This year I think it will be more balanced. I expect it to favor the offense though. Should see a pair of lineman selected. Possibly a tight end and full back. Do not rule out the quarterback position as well at some point.

I think if they do add anymore pieces to the defense it's going to come through this year's free agency class. And does it appear that our first round pick will more than likely be on the defensive side of the ball as it's a pretty foregone conclusion that their's better defenders in this year's top ten to be had over the offense.

I'd like to see them make a run at Zeitler and Lang at guard as an insurance policy in the event Cann can't get it done and just because of the injuries we had all across the board last year.
True I think we go balanced also..

Now that u said it lol..

Quote: 
  • Keep solid starters ...resign DT Jones and CB Amukamara.
  • Keep versatile depth players for minimums ...resign WRs Benn and Walters.
  • Let overpaid under-performers go ...release TE Thomas and DL Odrick.
  • Upgrade Cyprien if able in free agency ...sign SS Tony Jefferson. 
  • Beef up lines with proven young external free agents ...sign DE JPP and OG Kevin Zeitler.

Of all the posts, I agree with this the most.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2017, 08:14 PM by JackCity.)

Think with the pass rushing we should do too much rather than too little. As in let's say we get JPP, I still think we should go after another decent pass rusher in free agency and try to add another one in the first 3 rounds of the draft too.

OLine is the priority, then pass rushers. Throw money and draft picks at those two spots and everything else will fall into place.