Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FIFA Officials Arrested on Corruption Charges

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2015, 09:28 PM by TravC59.)

Has anyone heard the little speech Blatter gave after the vote? This go is so power hungry it's ridiculous. What's that saying...Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

If you haven't heard it yet, try to give it a listen. I will see if I can find it. I just heard it on the radio.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hope UEFA is serious about boycotting. I would love to see them leave FIFA altogether. CONCACAF could follow.

No ones going to miss a world cup. Never gonna happen.

Quote:No ones going to miss a world cup. Never gonna happen.

Probably not but it's not impossible. We've never seen anything like what happened with Qatar getting awarded the World Cup and the amount of migrant workers that have died. It's a human rights disaster.

Quote:This corruption issue is arguably one of the worst kept secrets on the face of the earth.  The funny thing is that with all of the other legitimate issues this country is facing, the Justice Department decides to put resources into this.  Incredible.  Not to turn this into a political discussion, but this is one of those "shiny things" distractions, IMO.  For as much as this JD has ignored over the past several years, this is the big case they want to run up the flagpole?  I guess it makes sense that one corrupt organization should recognize it's mirror image in another.  . 

I doubt it.

First, World cup soccer is hardly a "shiny thing" in this country, regardless of what the pundits think the executive branch of the US government is trying to "cover up."

Second, this was done in conjunction with, and I heard but cannot verify, the request of, Swiss law enforcement.  They don't necessarily work on our Justice Department schedule.

Did anyone check the World Cup to see if money was still in it?

Quote:Did anyone check the World Cup to see if money was still in it?

[Image: US5Oi.gif]

;

;

sepp blatter is a cancer.... some of the allegations are absolutely crazy if they are true... honestly, there is not a punishment too severe if the slave labor stuff is true.

Sepp Blatter has resigned as president of FIFA. Will remain president until a replacement is selected.

Quote:Sepp Blatter has resigned as president of FIFA. Will remain president until a replacement is selected.
That is great news. He feels the walls crumbling. I am not sure why he pressed so hard to have the election last week then, but I am not going to try and think what he was thinking.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Wow, awesome news.

Now the next step is to get somebody that won't be the status quo. Someone with enough stones to take the World Cup from Qatar.

;

;

He had to have some sort of cash implications to be elected and then resign this way.  The pressure today is less/comparable to last week (unless he knows something we dont).

Glad he's gone...I'm guessing the Qatar World Cup will be looked into hard and pulled from them.

I think it's better this way because Prince Ali may not be the best successor. I felt some of the other candidates who dropped could be better.

Michel Platini has been mentioned as a possible successor but he was in favor of Qatar getting the World Cup.

;

;

Nothing gonna change until the election process is reformed. It promotes corruption as is. 

Looks like FIFA gave Irleand 5mm euros to "settle" missing out on the World Cup in 2010 after a handball by a French player.  The article insinuates FIFA would give large amounts of money to make things go away and this was very common practice.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33011692

Interesting article about FIFA senior members scrambling and beginning to rat out each other.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/04/world/fifa...ck-warner/

Anyone know there was a FIFA movie that is seemingly all propaganda after seeing what actually happened to them? 

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jun...-depardieu

Not much news on the Sepp front the last few months. But this came out today and more of the sponsors doing the same will force a change.

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/worldsoccertalk'>@worldsoccertalk</a>
</div>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">BREAKING: High-profile FIFA sponsor and partner, Coca-Cola, calls for <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FIFA'>#FIFA</a> President Sepp Blatter to step down immediately.

;

;

Quote:Not much news on the Sepp front the last few months. But this came out today and more of the sponsors doing the same will force a change.

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">
<div>@worldsoccertalk
</div>
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">BREAKING: High-profile FIFA sponsor and partner, Coca-Cola, calls for #FIFA President Sepp Blatter to step down immediately.

</div>

Oh wow, that will make things move fast.  If Coke calls for it, others will follow suit.

Thats one way to eliminate corruption.

[Image: jaguars_logo_small.gif]

The event should be shut down immediately.