Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marrone coach of the year?!

Jaguars are in perfect position for marrone to be in the conversation this season!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

lol

This is our year!!!

Our expectations were to high last season for 1st 2nd and 3rd year players truthfully. This season here is the year we should get over the hump! Let's give our new hires a chance

Well it is 5 o clock somewhere Mrs. Marrone, I am glad you are starting early. 

[Image: jiFfM.jpg]

Question:  Does the 1/1 record for Marrone while he was interim HC count towards whatever his official W/L record will be as the actual head coach?  Just curious if he gets a blank slate.

Have you seen my baseball?

Nope. Not taking the hype train bait anymore during the off-season. My game plan in 2017 is to pre game just enough to feel buzzed happily and to not know where the hell I am by half time for now on. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He gets a blank slate with me. Idc what he did with past teams we talking JAG's. Plus coughlin got his back.

[Image: pyjamas.gif]

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

He is the next Bill Belichick. He is taking this team to new heights. I'm thinking 12 or 13 wins this upcoming season.

Quote:Jaguars are in perfect position for marrone to be in the conversation this season!!

Who is Marrone qb gonna be ? Bortles?? If soo I don't know about that one...

Quote:Question:  Does the 1/1 record for Marrone while he was interim HC count towards whatever his official W/L record will be as the actual head coach?  Just curious if he gets a blank slate.

I sure hope his 1-1 record stays as part of his official record. It's been a long time since a Jags HC ended the season with a non losing record, and 1-1 qualifies as a non losing record, albeit it is a very small sample size.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Just because so many of the Jag's fan base is suffering from the kicked dog syndrome doesn't mean it *couldn't* happen but the Jags would not only have to exceed expectations, they'd have to look flashy while doing so to get on a bunch of highlight shows (seeing as we're not on national TV much).  So, anything is possible but I won't hold my breath.  Smile

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Jaguars are in perfect position for marrone to be in the conversation this season!!

Yo Doug...  I'd be spending more time evaluating free agents and draftees than on talking yourself up on this message board if I were you.

Haha. Sound like a jag hater?! Anyone seen the schedule for upcoming season is it out??

The Jags have been in the position for that for quite a while now, but have not been able to capitalize on that opportunity yet. I wonder why?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Marrone has done a phenomenal job thus far with the team.  I'd say he's in the lead for coach of the year so far.

Quote:Haha. Sound like a jag hater?! Anyone seen the schedule for upcoming season is it out??

The schedule doesn't come out until like a week before the draft usually.  Our opponents for next year are already known as is the fact that we will be playing the Ravens in week 3 in London.  Outside of that, you'll have to wait until the schedule release.

Quote:The schedule doesn't come out until like a week before the draft usually.  Our opponents for next year are already known as is the fact that we will be playing the Ravens in week 3 in London.  Outside of that, you'll have to wait until the schedule release.

I'm looking forward to the game against the Steelers if for no other reason than nostalgia for the good old days when we played them every year. If we're actually good then that makes it even better.