Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Official Boxing Thread

I know this thread won't get much use but I know at least a handful of us following boxing and will occasionally discuss it. We'll have a place to do it now. Canelo's third round knockout of Kirkland.

https://instagram.com/p/2fEqZnyrnH/

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Crickets...

I loved boxing as a kid. My grandfather used to watch it all the time. He grew up in Massachusetts and was a big Marciano fan. I remember watching Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, Thomas Hearns, Roberto Duran with him. There were some epic fights.

Now boxing is a joke.

;

;

Quote:I loved boxing as a kid. My grandfather used to watch it all the time. He grew up in Massachusetts and was a big Marciano fan. I remember watching Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, Thomas Hearns, Roberto Duran with him. There were some epic fights.

Now boxing is a joke.

I remember where I was when I saw the Tyson/Buster Douglas fight.  I went on a trip in believe North Carolina at a family friends vacation cabin.  I guess I was 12 at the time and my friend and I were watching the fight on a small TV with the reception coming in and out.  My friend wasn't much of a boxing fan and when Tyson went down I was going bananas.  He looked at me confused.  I was like we just witnessed one of the greatest upsets of all time in any sport!

I also remember watching Lewis/Rahman.  It was, I believe, on HBO and not a PPV fight.  I loved watching fights so figured who knows, maybe something interesting will happen and sure enough.

Of course, Ward/Gatti was truly spectacular.  Again, on HBO and non PPV.  I have to say, I've been pretty lucky in the fights that I chose to watch over the years.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  Constantly yelling at the TV, this has got to be the fight of the year.  Nope, one of the greatest of all time.