Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chris Clemons is still a beast - Lets be real

It's not like we're hurting for a LEO. It sucks to lose him but Dante was drafted for our future and he's not going anywhere. Between Clemons, Branch, Marks and Davis, etc we were 6th in the league in sacks in 2014. Defense is not an issue and is always improving. Our big issue is getting better on offense and scoring more points. Anyone know how many TD's we scored all last season?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sixth in the league in sacks and yet clown QB's like Charlie Whitehurt had all day to throw and pick apart the secondary. 

But yeah..beast and whatnot.

;

;

Clemons has had a very good career and had a good year last year.

But let's face it, he's 33 years old.  Chances are, his game will decline dramatically.

What really sucks about this is Clemons was good enough to have been a good mentor to Fowler.  Heck if he could have taught him that spin move alone, that would have been great for Fowler.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

8 sacks are pretty standard for your #1 DE, plus he is 33 years old. Heres hoping he can continue playing above average.

Quote:Clemons has had a very good career and had a good year last year.

But let's face it, he's 33 years old. Chances are, his game will decline dramatically.

What really sucks about this is Clemons was good enough to have been a good mentor to Fowler. Heck if he could have taught him that spin move alone, that would have been great for Fowler.

Even if Clemons declines you would think that Davis and Smith progression from last year can help pick up the slack. Having Branch back in the rotation who was having his best year before the groin injury will only help as well.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Even if Clemons declines you would think that Davis and Smith progression from last year can help pick up the slack. Having Branch back in the rotation who was having his best year before the groin injury will only help as well.

This year wasnt supposed to be about picking up slack on the d-line.

Yes...it wasn't supposed to be about picking up the slack.

It was about taking whatever slack there was and wrapping it around QBs necks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Sixth in the league in sacks and yet clown QB's like Charlie Whitehurt had all day to throw and pick apart the secondary. 

But yeah..beast and whatnot.

The Titans have hit on 2 good OL-men in Lewan and Warmack with their first round picks over the past 3 years. They've got some solid beef up front.

And I would like for everyone to read this

PERSPECTIVE:

CHRIS CLEMONS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Clemo...ive_end%29

Quote: First stint with Washington Redskins
After being <a class="" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undrafted_sportsperson' title="Undrafted sportsperson">undrafted</a> in the <a class="" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_NFL_Draft' title="2003 NFL Draft">2003 NFL Draft</a>, Clemons signed with the Washington Redskins. However, he spent that entire season on injured reserve after suffering a torn ACL. He spent the 2004 training camp with the Redskins, but was released prior to the start of the regular season.

is sacks the only thing you guys see

Quote:The Titans have hit on 2 good OL-men in Lewan and Warmack with their first round picks over the past 3 years. They've got some solid beef up front.

Warmack is not very good and Lewan didn't play in the game in Jacksonville.

Our pass rush was very inconsistent.

;

;

PFF's second-lowest rated DE and he'll be 34 years old this year. I'm pumped. 

He's solid, but I don't think he's what they're looking for at the LEO position. At this point in his career he's more of a technician than someone who will blow by you or be making plays all of the field. If I'm understanding everything correctly I think they envisioned Dante dropping back/spying on some plays and lining up in different spots. All they can ask of Clemons at this point is to just put his hand in the dirt on the right side and get after the passer.

Quote:Yes...it wasn't supposed to be about picking up the slack.

It was about taking whatever slack there was and wrapping it around QBs necks.
Quote:This year wasnt supposed to be about picking up slack on the d-line.

True. But injuries happen every season to every team. Next man up.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Hopefully we'll see Branch making the leap. They say it takes 4 years for DE to really hit there stride soooo

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote: 

And I would like for everyone to read this

PERSPECTIVE:

CHRIS CLEMONS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Clemo...ive_end%29

I think the piece of that article you referenced is a better message than the original post. I just hope he hits the ground running in 2016. Well, not too hard. : \

Quote:Hopefully we'll see Branch making the leap. They say it takes 4 years for DE to really hit there stride soooo

At times he seems clumsy and a little out of control, but he can be disruptive. Ryan Davis will have to step it up here and there as well.

Quote:And I would like for everyone to read this

PERSPECTIVE:

CHRIS CLEMONS

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Clemons_%28defensive_end%29'>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Clemons_%28defensive_end%29</a>

And that was number 1. He had a 2nd ACL injury with Seattle. His leg has fallen off yet. Its not the end of the world.

Clemons is a decent player (used to be pretty darn good), but I'd rather have Fowler for sure!  I have more hope for Branch actually.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Lol
"Get Better Everyday"