Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
UF lands Donovan replacement

Looks like they're trying to pull a Donovan 2.0.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

UF sports in general has been pretty depressing lately.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2015, 09:35 AM by Shack Del Rio.)

The Gator fans I have seen on Twitter don't seem too excited.

UF fans weren't excited when Billy was hired.  The good news is that UF basketball fans are about as reliable as a Yugo. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:UF fans weren't excited when Billy was hired.  The good news is that UF basketball fans are about as reliable as a Yugo. 

Yes, but Billy was hired prior to the UF basketball program being top notch.  They are at the level now where they should be seeking a Calipari type hire.   Teams like Auburn are making major advances to ensure their Hoops program is taking leaps in this day and age.

Even if this dude would happen to succeed to the point that he'd be considered a great hire, he would most likely be gone in 5 years since his dad is the AD at Duke.

Quote:Yes, but Billy was hired prior to the UF basketball program being top notch.  They are at the level now where they should be seeking a Calipari type hire.   Teams like Auburn are making major advances to ensure their Hoops program is taking leaps in this day and age.

Even if this dude would happen to succeed to the point that he'd be considered a great hire, he would most likely be gone in 5 years since his dad is the AD at Duke.
Given the success of Donovan and where he brought it, there's still no way you are going out and hand picking a Calipari type hire.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

I think the biggest issue I have seen is that he never even made an NCAA tournament appearance at Louisiana Tech.

Quote:I think the biggest issue I have seen is that he never even made an NCAA tournament appearance at Louisiana Tech.
He was in a conference where unless you win the confererence tournament you aren't in. He definitley had the win totals to get in, but that's how the game works.

He did take over a program where the previous HC also had four years. Each had almost the identical number of games but white had over 40 more wins then his predecessor.

;

Quote:I think the biggest issue I have seen is that he never even made an NCAA tournament appearance at Louisiana Tech.

I think that's a legitimate issue to have for UF fans.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:UF sports in general has been pretty depressing lately.

And that is a bad thing???   Banana

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2015, 10:40 PM by TravC59.)

Quote: I think that's a legitimate issue to have for UF fans.
Get the number of wins per season that White got at UF and you're in the tourney every year.

Also, Donovan has no NCAA tourney appearances before being hired at UF either.

;

Quote:Get the number of wins per season that White got at UF and you're in the tourney every year.

Also, Donovan has no NCAA tourney appearances before being hired at UF either.

So you like the hire?

Quote:So you like the hire?
I'd a gone after Archie Miller or Chris Mack.

I do like the White hire though. I just didn't get some of the things thrown around on this thread.

;