Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Our defense vs. Seattle's on paper post-draft

Seattle:

Defensive Line

LEO:

Chris Avril

Cassius Marsh

Obum Gwacham 

NT:

Brandon Mebane

Jordan Hill

3T:

Tony McDaniel

Ahtyba Rubin

5T:

Michael Bennett

Frank Clark

David King

Linebackers

SAM:

K.J. Wright

Mike Morgan

MIKE:

Bobby Wagner

Brock Coyle

WILL:

Bruce Irvin

Kevin Pierre-Louis

Secondary

Right CB:

Cary Williams

Marcus Burley

Tye Smith

Left CB:

Richard Sherman

Tharold Simon

SS:

Kam Chancellor

Deshawn Shead

FS:

Earl Thomas

Jags:

Defensive Line

LEO:

Dante Fowler, Jr.

Chris Clemons

Andre Branch/Ryan Davis

NT:

Roy Miller

Abry Jones

3T:

Sen'Derrick Marks

Michael Bennett

Ziggy Hood

NT:

Roy Miller

Abry Jones

5T:

Jared Odrick

Tyson Alualu

Linebackers

OTTO:

Dan Skuta

LaRoy Reynolds 

MIKE:

Paul Posluszny

Jeremiah George 

WILL:

Telvin Smith

Secondary

Right CB:

Davon House

Dwayne Gratz

Left CB:

Demetrius McCray

Aaron Colvin

SS:

Johnathan Cyprien

Josh Evans

Free Safety:

James Sample

Sergio Brown

I think our defensive line matches up really well. It might even be better.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think if you were to show a non-jags fan this they'd laugh, since half of them don't pass the "name test"

DL is clearly our strongest. I think our starting LBs seem to match up well, its the exception of Sherman and both S positions that really set us behind currently. If our guys step up we could be in for a treat
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Bobby Wagner is far better than Poz right now. Smith and Wright are equal maybe? I'd say Irvin is better than Skuta, maybe not by a whole lot though.

I honestly think we have the better d-line, but they far and away have the better back 7.
No commercial messages in sigs

The strength of the Seattle defense is in the secondary

Quote:The strength of the Seattle defense is in the secondary
Cary Williams is a perfect fit in that secondary. Atleast from a swagger, attitude viewpoint.

Do it on the field and post W's to the column and then we will be getting somewhere.  Of course that is more on the offensive side of the ball.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

So Yeldon is a future ROY and HOF, Nate Sterling is the next Marcedes and our defense can match the best defense of the NFL...this board is crazy after every single draft.

Sherman, Chancellor, Wagner, Earl Thomas...we are not even close to this.

Quote:Cary Williams is a perfect fit in that secondary. Atleast from a swagger, attitude viewpoint.
Cary Williams is absolute garbage lol

Their LBs are way better than ours as well.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

In the wilderness, the Seahawk is no match for the Jaguar.

On the football field, the Seahawk has a better chance then in the wild.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Our d is probably more talented but their secondary makes their d line more improved. Just the way it is. Gives the line more time to sack the QB. They have stacked linebackers. We need to get a stud linebacker in next years draft to go with Telvin.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Can someone please compile an offensive comparison with the Broncos to illustrate our offense is better because we have better TEs, better RBs (assuming Yeldon is the real deal), and a better interior line.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2015, 09:06 AM by WingerDinger.)

Seattle's D kinda reminds me of a finely tuned sports car.. Nice and shiny with that gloss coating..

Jax D reminds me of that old clunker that was picked up from a salvage yard and brought home as a project.. Pieces are being purchased one by one.. A total custom job.. Starting to get a pretty good vision of the engine now though.. It was pretty foggy at first, but at last, you can finally make out some of the parts being assembled..

You could say.. "With their first selection in the 2015 NFL Draft, The Jacksonville Jaguars select.. The Holley Four Barrel"..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Cary Williams is absolute garbage lol
When expected to be a #1, shutdown CB, yes. He was ok in Baltimore, not so good in Philadelphia

You think the jaguars have more talent on defense than Seattle?

DL is super strong. Time to strengthen the LB core with a younger MLB as well as finding that stud FS. CB position depends on how well they place, the potential to be great at CB position is there but I don't know much about House and McCray and Colvin haven't proved much. 

Lol! I love this board after every draft! May is the ultimate month to frequently visit here.

November, ,,,, not so much.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2015, 11:04 AM by cland.)

2014 Seahawks defense: 1st in allowed yards per game, 1st in allowed points per game

2014 Jaguars defense: 26th in allowed yards per game, 26th in allowed points per game

Magical Dante Fowler Jr. and the 2015 FAs aren't 25 spots good.

Quote:So Yeldon is a future ROY and HOF, Nate Sterling is the next Marcedes and our defense can match the best defense of the NFL...this board is crazy after every single draft.

Sherman, Chancellor, Wagner, Earl Thomas...we are not even close to this.
no one said this dude...