Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Our defense vs. Seattle's on paper post-draft

Quote:You think the jaguars have more talent on defense than Seattle?

Quote:Can someone please compile an offensive comparison with the Broncos to illustrate our offense is better because we have better TEs, better RBs (assuming Yeldon is the real deal), and a better interior line.
Once again, who said anything about our defense being better?? You people have reading comprehension problems.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I honestly think we have the better d-line, but they far and away have the better back 7.

Agreed

If the offense can get some semblance of a run game going and keep the defense off of the field a bit longer this season - the new additions and additional experience for the young guys could push this Jags D up in the rankings pretty significantly. 

I can envision them going from 26th overall to somewhere around 16-18th.  For comparison - the Texans were 16th in points allowed last year. 

Just my opinion - but that's what I see happening. 

Quote:2014 Seahawks defense: 1st in allowed yards per game, 1st in allowed points per game

2014 Jaguars defense: 26th in allowed yards per game, 26th in allowed points per game

Magical Dante Fowler Jr. and the 2015 FAs aren't 25 spots good.
I'd like to see where we'd rank without the atrocious Henne games/not final personnel on the field, run the averages from after the Chargers game where we made our last major defensive changes and I bet we'd rank much higher
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I'd like to see where we'd rank without the atrocious Henne games/not final personnel on the field, run the averages from after the Chargers game where we made our last major defensive changes and I bet we'd rank much higher

Post Chargers game:

343.92 YPG (13th in NFL)

21.67 PPG (13th in NFL)

Keep in mind on the PPG number, Bortles threw several pick sixes in his first couple games.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Post Chargers game:

343.92 YPG (13th in NFL)

21.67 PPG (13th in NFL)

Keep in mind on the PPG number, Bortles threw several pick sixes in his first couple games.

I fully expect this to continue or improve. To me, these numbers put the defense into real perspective. We got destroyed before we found our optimal starters and that killed the average.

Defense at least stays there and offense improves to even average and we're looking much better
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Lol! I love this board after every draft! May is the ultimate month to frequently visit here.

November, ,,,, not so much.
Yeah......everybody seems to forget the other teams drafted players too.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.