Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pick an All-Pro from all Newcomers

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2015, 10:26 PM by GrizzlyAdams.)

After years of lurking its finally time to become an active member of this board. I'm part of another message board and this was a topic in their Pro Football section. 

So lets hear it. If you could pick a new player this year, whether that be free agency add or a drafted player to break out and have an All-Pro year, who would you choose and why?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

in order:

1.  Julius Thomas

2.  Dante Fowler

3.  AJ Cann

4.  TJ Yeldon

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

1. Dante Fowler

2. AJ Cann

3. Julius Thomas

I'll post what I said.

With all the new additions to the team I would go in order of 1. Parnell  2. Julius Thomas  3. Dante Fowler Jr. Reasoning being that Parnell gives Bortles something to not have to worry about. If he solidifies the RT job that is one less thing for him to worry about. With Julius Thomas being an All-Pro that would mean Blake Bortles was doing something right and it would be a relief. Fowler of course means he have a terror on our defense finally and a huge building block we badly needed on our defense.  

Yeldon. Too much focus will be Thomas since he's our biggest threat in the passing game. And rb is the easiest position to transition from college to the NFL. On top of that, he should get a lot of volume seeing as the Jags want to be a run first team this year.the beef the jags added with Cann and parnell should also help the ground game.

Yeldon. Too much focus will be Thomas since he's our biggest threat in the passing game. And rb is the easiest position to transition from college to the NFL. On top of that, he should get a lot of volume seeing as the Jags want to be a run first team this year.the beef the jags added with Cann and parnell should also help the ground game.

I personally don't think anyone has a shot this year but potentially my order is still Fowler, Cann, and Thomas.

Theres not a single player that even has a chance.

Can we wait till they see the field before we proclaim any of them as the second coming of <insert awesome player's name here> ?

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Yeldon. It would probably mean that we were ahead in a lot of games and wanted to run the clock.

Quote:Theres not a single player that even has a chance.

Julius Thomas is the obvious one since he's currently a top five TE in the league.

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2015, 01:09 AM by fredalwaysajag.)

I'm gonna say Rashad Greene. FSU record holder in receptions w/264 and yards w/3771. 2nd in school history in TD's with 29 and 100plus yard games w/15

This guy can really snag the ball outta the air and very well could be our Marvin Harrison type of playmaker.

Scratch that. The new McCardell
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:I personally don't think anyone has a shot this year but potentially my order is still Fowler, Cann, and Thomas.
The question was if you had to choose one to have an All-Pro year not which one will. 

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2015, 04:05 AM by KYjaggy.)

None this year, but in the future I think it's possible for Cann, Parnell, and Yeldon. The Jags want to run the heck out of the ball, and Julius, Robinson, Lee, and Greene are just going to snipe each other statistically in a somewhat geared down passing game. On defense we picked up a lot of quite good, but not all pro level, players. 

Fowler and Yeldon. Given Gus' history, Sample might be a dark horse.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Hard for rookies to have that kind of year off the bat although it does happen.  So I'd say most likely Thomas followed by Fowler.  Both play at positions were numbers can get the notice of the voters.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

All Pro? Maaaaybe Julius.

That's elite of the elite right there.