Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade Block

For the first time in a long time the Jaguars finally have some depth at a few positions which will lead to some interesting camp battles. We'll have some tough cuts coming up on cut day and it'll be ideal if we could move some of these camp losers for some extra draft picks. Guys I see who could be on the trade block who could have trade value include:

Andre Branch (we're finally stacked at the LEO position and he's entering the last year of his contract)

Ace Sanders (same as the LEO position, the 4 WR spots are filled and he'll face a tough battle beating out Doss, Binns, Copeland, and possibly Sterling if they use him as a hybrid)

Mercedes Lewis (long shot but if Ben Koyack shows well in camp he could potentially push him off the roster)

Any others?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't think Sanders has much value at this point.  Branch and Lewis do have value, but I doubt that Lewis becomes expendable due to any rookie performances.  Branch seems the most likely but I still don't see it.  Branch will want to hit free agency.  A team that trades for him won't pay much in draft picks for a 1 year rental and I doubt anyone is trading for him to wrap him up long term.  

I don't think Sanders has much value anywhere in the NFL, and I think Marcedes fits into the "more valuable to his own team than to anyone else" category. Branch might have some value, but any trade involving him would be a late-camp move. I kind of feel like Branch, Clemons and Ryan Davis are competing amongst themselves for two roster spots, and Branch has a good shot at sticking.

Quote:I don't think Sanders has much value anywhere in the NFL, and I think Marcedes fits into the "more valuable to his own team than to anyone else" category. Branch might have some value, but any trade involving him would be a late-camp move. I kind of feel like Branch, Clemons and Ryan Davis are competing amongst themselves for two roster spots, and Branch has a good shot at sticking.

I actually hope Clemons sticks for another year and helps tutor fowler. Clemons isn't a world class athlete, but he's a fantastic Leo. Maybe age is catching up to him, but he's a great pro.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Pasztor is basically just a back-up right tackle on this team now. Maybe worth a late round pick to some team. 

We still don't have any trade value, what we do need is depth and too keep as much as we can acquire.

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

Quote:We still don't have any trade value, what we do need is depth and too keep as much as we can acquire.

Branch and Ace wouldn't affect depth as much since both could end up cut after training camp.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Pasztor is basically just a back-up right tackle on this team now. Maybe worth a late round pick to some team.

No way. Have you seen what injuries have done to the Jags offensive line-especially RT-? There's no late round pick that would be worth sacrificing offensive line depth. Not when Bortles nearly got killed last year.

I doubt Branch goes anywhere. Gus really seems to like him and he's been steadly getting better. He's safe for another year IMO
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

No reason to let Branch go he is a quality guy in our rotation

Quote:Branch and Ace wouldn't affect depth as much since both could end up cut after training camp.
And other teams wouldn't recognize this and just wait?  If they're as sure things to get cut as you imply, and I'm a GM looking to add depth, I'm willing to wait.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:No reason to let Branch go he is a quality guy in our rotation
People have been trying to get rid of Branch since he was drafted even after things started to click for him.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

No way Branch should be cut or traded.
Shock the world

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2015, 08:23 AM by DewtheMathis.)

Quote:For the first time in a long time the Jaguars finally have some depth at a few positions which will lead to some interesting camp battles. We'll have some tough cuts coming up on cut day and it'll be ideal if we could move some of these camp losers for some extra draft picks. Guys I see who could be on the trade block who could have trade value include:

Andre Branch (we're finally stacked at the LEO position and he's entering the last year of his contract)

Ace Sanders (same as the LEO position, the 4 WR spots are filled and he'll face a tough battle beating out Doss, Binns, Copeland, and possibly Sterling if they use him as a hybrid)

Mercedes Lewis (long shot but if Ben Koyack shows well in camp he could potentially push him off the roster)

Any others?

I for one really enjoyed watching Chris Clemons play last season, but my gut feeling is with Fowler Jr signed that his job is more in question than that of Andre Branch with the recent signing (due to his age).

Ace wont be traded because i dont see any teams giving up anything for him which is pretty much true for Lewis as the team kind of tested the waters with him after signing Thomas.... Lewis will most likely remain on the team this year (and if he doesnt rock out) will most likely leave the team after this season.

I'm going to guess zero get traded.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I'm going to guess zero get traded.
I think that's a safe bet. 

Quote:And other teams wouldn't recognize this and just wait? If they're as sure things to get cut as you imply, and I'm a GM looking to add depth, I'm willing to wait.

Some aren't as patient. Some teams would rather give up the equivalent of a late round pick to make sure they get their guy. Especially a player who will be subject to waivers.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2015, 08:58 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:People have been trying to get rid of Branch since he was drafted even after things started to click for him.
I'm probably one of the few who liked and supported Branch. But I recognize that someone currently in the LEO rotation isn't going to be here based on the numbers.

DFJ, Clemons, Branch, Davis, Smith.

Maybe they cut Clemons or Chris Smith instead but its pretty likely one of these guys will be gone come week 1.

Quote:People have been trying to get rid of Branch since he was drafted even after things started to click for him.

I don't understand some of the thoughts on here
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

He only gets sacks because of schemes....
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]