Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags 2015 draft transparency: Accident or by design?

Quote:Here's the list:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2016/'>http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2016/</a>

Lots of big names currently but obviously that will change once franchise tags are given and extensions are made prior to FA. Depending on how Robinson and Lee continue to develop this year I could see us going after one of the "elite" WRs.

Dave ready to throw that 100 million at DT and make him the highest paid WR of all time.
-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:They tried to trade back into round 1, so Yeldon was a backup plan.
I don't think they actually tried.  Gurley and Gordon came off the board too soon for them to actually attempt anything. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:That's what I took from it.  Another big FA haul  in 2016. 
The thing is, that may not be necessary if the drafting reaps positive results.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Maybe you're saying the same thing I'm about to, but...Dave made it sound like he thought about doing it if Gurley/Gordon fell far enough, but sounds like they never actually tried since they got drafted so high.

I'm glad it worked out the way it did because the value we got later on was absolutely ridiculous.

I also liked that Dave was not willing to give up any future picks in order to move up. As near as I can tell, he has not given up any future picks in any of his drafts, and he moved up twice last year for Robinson and Linder.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!