Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Koch Brothers money in Politics

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2015, 07:12 PM by Bchbunnie4.)

Love'em or hate'em, the Koch Brothers money is DWARFED by the labor unions itself. At least they use their own money, and not the dues money of the members that might disagree with the union

[Image: Political_zpsfw40wajw.jpg]
Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Screw the unions!

The only unions I have a problem with are the public unions. They are essential unionized against the tax payer, I have a problem with that.

Private unions have a role to play but I admit politics has muddied the water.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/15...66883.html

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Public sector unions are essentially labor and management conspiring to screw over ownership. Its a terrible model and should be against the law.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Without unpaid foot soldiers like Drifter, who would stand up for the little guy like the Kochs?

;

;

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2015, 05:49 PM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:The only unions I have a problem with are the public unions. They are essential unionized against the tax payer, I have a problem with that.

Private unions have a role to play but I admit politics has muddied the water.
There is too much money involved in campaigns and lobbying period. Campaign finance reform please. 

I see the Kochheads already got here.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2015, 05:57 PM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:I see the Kochheads already got here.
The love you have for your corporate overlords is so adorable. 

Is this not the thread to talk about the Kochs? 

The poor little Kochs.

Well thankfully for the candidates, there are other billionaires to throw insane amounts of money at them.

After Rubio entered the race with a great speech about the working class, the first thing he did was go hug a billionaire.

[Image: CCgWarMW0AAMq6O.jpg]

;

;

Quote:Without unpaid foot soldiers like Drifter, who would stand up for the little guy like the Kochs?

Soros, Bloomberg...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Awful lot of crying about group that made it only 50th on the list.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Soros, Bloomberg...

I see Soros made #19 on that list

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

It's sad that the little guy has been convinced that this is just peachy keen and a-ok. 

Quote:The love you have for your corporate overlords is so adorable. 

Is this not the thread to talk about the Kochs? 
You're right.  Warren Buffett and George Soros are mere paupers and small businessmen. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:You're right.  Warren Buffett and George Soros are mere paupers and small businessmen. 

We want them to stop influencing politics too.

Quote:We want them to stop influencing politics too.
I'm sure you do, right up to the point where not having their money starts losing those proggies  elections. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I'm sure you do, right up to the point where not having their money starts losing those proggies  elections. 

If that's what would happen, why are so many conservatives against Campaign finance reform?

Money in politics is never a good mix, regardless of which side of the aisle.  However, what is more disturbing is where the money comes from, and where it goes.  Money going to a political campaign is one thing, but money going to a "foundation" of a political candidate is another thing.

The next thing that people don't seem to realize, large sums of money going to a campaign pays for the annoying commercials on television/radio as well as all of the crap that you get in the "snail-mail".  For those that actually still have a land-line for their home phone, it also pays for the "robo-calls".  Ads by whatever means do not influence my choice for a candidate, but that's just me.

If people want true campaign finance reform, then the thing for me would be this.  Campaign donations would only be valid from individuals.  No corporations, no unions, no "organizations".  Also, I would implement a cap as far as how much money a single individual could donate.  The number could be debated, but I would probably tie it to the median household income.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Money in politics is never a good mix, regardless of which side of the aisle.  However, what is more disturbing is where the money comes from, and where it goes.  Money going to a political campaign is one thing, but money going to a "foundation" of a political candidate is another thing.

The next thing that people don't seem to realize, large sums of money going to a campaign pays for the annoying commercials on television/radio as well as all of the crap that you get in the "snail-mail".  For those that actually still have a land-line for their home phone, it also pays for the "robo-calls".  Ads by whatever means do not influence my choice for a candidate, but that's just me.

If people want true campaign finance reform, then the thing for me would be this.  Campaign donations would only be valid from individuals.  No corporations, no unions, no "organizations".  Also, I would implement a cap as far as how much money a single individual could donate.  The number could be debated, but I would probably tie it to the median household income.

I think we're in agreement here.  Politicians should be serving the best interest of the people, not their own best interests in getting re-elected.  And that's a problem with both Democrats and Republicans.  Their #1 concern is getting re-elected, not doing what's best for the people who elected them.  I remember one of Harry Reid's staff saying that it's failure to not be re-elected, not to fail to pass bills that benefit their constituents.