Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Clowney or Fowler?
Fowler
Clowney
[Show Results]

Clowney or Fowler?

Discuss.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I voted Clowney but its probably more of a wash. Rookie vs injury concerns. Actually its probably Fowler for that exact reason.

Probably Fowler. It usually takes time to get back from micro fracture surgery.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Who is Clowney?

Quote:Discuss.

I refuse.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I can't recall many plays that DFJ took off.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:I can't recall many plays that DFJ took off.

HeadSlap

The opposite of Clowney IMO in terms of motor.  Both are above average in terms of athletics.  It will be interesting to see how they do in their 'rookie' year.  Both also have pretty good surrounding talent on the defensive line in their groups.

I'd still pick Clowney over Dante Fowler Jr.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I'd still pick Clowney over Dante Fowler Jr.

Me, too.

Injury aside, he's just that much more talented.  And that supporting cast.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I'd take fowler, but to be fair I wouldn't even take clowney over a lot of guys because of his laziness and injury concerns.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I'll pick Fowler, only because I don't think Clowney can come back from that injury, and if he does, it won't be this year.

Clowney more talented, but all he doesn't love the game. It seems all he cares about is a check. DFJ seems to love the game though. I see Clowney in the 15-20 sacks s year range and DFJ in the 8-10 sacks a year range.
-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

This will be a fun little battle throughout the year, assuming Clowney comes back reasonably healthy.

I think clowney will obv have the easier time as opposing teams have to deal with JJ watt...

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

I chose fowler, because I think Clowney wil never fully recover from his surgery

If Clowney didn't have that knee problem I would say Clowney with no hesitation. But Fowler because he is healthy and a healthy player has way more potential than a injury prone one with a knee problem.

Quote:I think clowney will obv have the easier time as opposing teams have to deal with JJ watt...

While true I think our defense has more talent as a whole than Houston. And if Clowney lost a ton of explosion then it really isn't going to matter.

Fowler has fresh knees.

He gets my vote and they have almost the same number of NFL snaps. 

:woot:

Depends on the role they're playing, if we're lining them both up at DE and telling them to beat the Tackle I'll take Clowney even with a bad knee all day. If we're comparing who's going to be more effective in the roles they're playing on each team I think Fowler is going to have a bigger impact for the Jags then Clowney will for the Texans.

Fowler is all about how we use him, Clowney is a better traditional DE.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I think clowney will obv have the easier time as opposing teams have to deal with JJ watt...

On the flipside, he'll actually have to compete with JJ to get to the QB first!