Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jags Unrestricted Free Agent List. Keep or toss

Looking at this list, most of these guys could only hope to hold a position on the bench at best.   There are only two I would consider keeping.  The rest are easily replaceable.

Prince Amukamara- I hope to see the team work out a contract.  Played well for most of the year.

Luke Joeckel-Gone.  Bad LT and mediocre guard. 

Tyson Alualu-Eh depth.  He is a veteran now and you can find depth cheaper.

Abry Jones-Keep.  I like this guy.  He has potential.

Johnathan Cyprien- Depends on the scheme.  If affordable under the same scheme it's possible but would rather replace player and sceheme.

Bryan Walters-Gone. Easily replaceable.

Arrelious Benn-Gone Irrelevant \.

Patrick Omameh-Mediocre. League minimum.

Jordan Hill-Gone

Joe Banyard-Who?

Denard Robinson- Fumble prone. Gone

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2017, 03:04 PM by Treestone Ice.)

Keep keep toss

Keep cyprien depending on who they plan to buy or draft.

Bryan Walters needs to stick around. He's great depth and could start on a lot of teams.

Keep all of them, cus dem Jags be el cheapo.

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2017, 03:45 PM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:Looking at this list, most of these guys could only hope to hold a position on the bench at best.   There are only two I would consider keeping.  The rest are easily replaceable.

Prince Amukamara- Keep if his price stays under 10 mil AAV. Go for Bouye, Gilmore, or Trumaine if salary is only 2-3 mil different.

Luke Joeckel- Not the worst utility guy if salary is reasonable. Solid depth that could back up 4 spots on the line. 

Tyson Alualu- Bon Voyage

Abry Jones- He'll stay

Johnathan Cyprien- He's not too bad if you keep him in his very limited role, but do you really give a long term deal to the guy who very well may be the worst starter on defense?

Everyone else gone.

Prince if the contract is right

Omaheh and abry keep

let all the others go. Cut odrick while were freeing up roster spots too.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Prince Amukamara ...re-sign if reasonable contract, decent but not a playmaker.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Luke Joeckel ...let him go, poor play and injury.   

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Tyson Alualu ...re-sign if minimal contract, decent rotational player with versatility but replaceable.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Abry Jones ...re-sign and pay him, solid big DT that has earned his new contract.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Johnathan Cyprien ...re-sign if minimal contract, however someone will pay him more than his worth.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Bryan Walters ...re-sign if minimal contract, good 4th/5th WR that also contributes on ST.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Arrelious Benn ...re-sign if minimal contract, good 4th/5th WR that also contributes on ST.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Patrick Omameh ...let him go, part of the interior problem, nothing special.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Jordan Hill ...let him go, former 3rd round pick was mediocre and too many better DTs on roster.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Joe Banyard ...let him go, nothing special, can call him in later if needed

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Denard Robinson ...let him go, I wish him well.

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2017, 04:00 PM by wg171.)

I'm all for re-signing Abry Jones. But a guy I'd really like to see the team go after hard in FA,

if
he even becomes a FA is Dontari Poe

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2017, 04:27 PM by nhiverson.)

Quote:I'm all for re-signing Abry Jones. But a guy I'd really like to see the team go after hard in FA,
if he even becomes a FA is Dontari Poe

Chief have to franchise him or Berry unless they can't tag Berry again. I'd go after whichever they don't sign for sure.

No Fun

I don't think Poe was very good this year. He seems like your classic get paid mail it in FA. 

Quote:I don't think Poe was very good this year. He seems like your classic get paid mail it in FA.

Why do you think he'd mail it in?

Quote:Why do you think he'd mail it in?
Because his effort and dedication has been called into question many times in his past, and as the famous quote goes "money will only make you more of what you already are."

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2017, 05:59 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:Because his effort and dedication has been called into question many times in his past, and as the famous quote goes "money will only make you more of what you already are."
He plays an insane amount of snaps as 340+ nose tackle. Played 75% of all Chiefs defensive snaps this year, as a point of reference, Malik Jackson led our Dline by playing 66% of all snaps.

Of course he's going to take some plays off here and there. He's also played in 76 out of 78 games in his NFL career.

Quote:He plays an insane amount of snaps as 340+ nose tackle. Played 75% of all Chiefs defensive snaps this year, as a point of reference, Malik Jackson led our Dline by playing 66% of all snaps.

Of course he's going to take some plays off here and there. He's also played in 76 out of 78 games in his NFL career.
These were weaknesses going back to college. 

Quote:These were weaknesses going back to college.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest he hasn't been dedicated over the last few years in the NFL and the questions about his effort are easily explained about how many snaps he plays.

Why do you think he isn't dedicated?

I'd like to see the team keep Benn. He's a hell of a special teamer and decent depth.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:There is absolutely nothing to suggest he hasn't been dedicated over the last few years in the NFL and the questions about his effort are easily explained about how many snaps he plays.

Why do you think he isn't dedicated?
I've just seen a lot of people say he had a down year this year, and many of them credit it to his lack of effort/motor/dedication whatever word you want to use.

Combine that label following him from college to many times throughout his NFL career and I think it is fair to question if it would be exacerbated after a huge payday. He would only be like the 100000th FA to do that. It also seems to be an issue that big men are more common victims of. 

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2017, 06:31 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:I've just seen a lot of people say he had a down year this year, and many of them credit it to his lack of effort/motor/dedication whatever word you want to use.

Combine that label following him from college to many times throughout his NFL career and I think it is fair to question if it would be exacerbated after a huge payday. He would only be like the 100000th FA to do that. It also seems to be an issue that big men are more common victims of.
I don't think there's any doubt hes been dedicated to the Chiefs. He plays great at the start of games but tends to wilt towards the end, easily explained by his snap counts and role as a nose tackle as any Chiefs fan worth his salt will tell you.

Sure every FA has a chance that they might just relax when they get the contract. There hasn't been evidence any to show that Poe would.

Much rather resign Abry to 5 M/yr than sign Poe (who was injured all year).  Resign Benn as well. Let the rest go, extend Arob, Linder, and Telvin. Cut Odrick, Skuta, and Miller. Go after Zeitler, Warford, and JPP. Be named offseason champs for 4th year in a row. Dynasty!

Keep Prince, Alualu, Jones and Walters. All the rest gone.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

It seems like we've done this before, but here goes real quick...

• Prince Amukamara - keep ($9 mil per plus incentives)

• Luke Joeckel - toss

• Tyson Alualu - toss

• Abry Jones - keep

• Johnathan Cyprien - undecided

• Bryan Walters - toss (someone else will overpay for him)

• Arrelious Benn - keep

• Patrick Omameh - keep

• Jordan Hill - toss

• Joe Banyard - keep

• Denard Robinson - toss

Benn should be fairly cheap to keep, and he's extremely versatile being able to play deep as a WR and in all ST units. He's physical, fast and has good hands.

'02