Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Weakest/Strongest Areas on the team?

Weakest= Safety.   Cyprien sucks (misses or whiffs on too many tackles) and there is no answer at FS right now.  Hopefully it gets sorted out by preseason but by far IMO the weakest area on the team.

Strongest= Dline.  Once Marks comes back healthy this could be one of the best in the league.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Offense: Strongest is TE; weakest is WR (no #1 WR without Blackmon)

Defense: Strongest is DL; weakest is S

'02

Strongest area on our team should be pass rush and defensive line in general. Weakest area is probably Safety or WR. I wish we would have landed McCourty that would have been huge for us.

No pain, no gain.

Strongest - Defensive line. Depth at every position, 2 high end starters, a 3rd overall pick, and 1 solid starter at 5 tech.

Weakest - Linebacker. Poor depth, 2 good starters and 1 unknown. One of the good starters coming off a torn pec.

Quote:Weakest= Safety.   Cyprien sucks (misses or whiffs on too many tackles) and there is no answer at FS right now.  Hopefully it gets sorted out by preseason but by far IMO the weakest area on the team.

Strongest= Dline.  Once Marks comes back healthy this could be one of the best in the league.

I disagree about Cyprien sucking as you say, because when he is on the line and used to stop the run game he is above average in that department, but not so much going deep zone especially with no FS help.

GM Dave Caldwell drafted Strong Safety James Sample whom could play FS or challenge Cyprien for the starting role, or could simply be a package / rotation thing....

I agree the Dline is strong with the addition of Fowler Jr but will Marks return a 100%, Miller was injured towards the end of the season too.  Hopefully DT Michael Bennett will suprise us all and start next to Marks as more of a pass rusher than Miller.  If Odrick can pass rush as good as he once did at DE this line could be legendary...

strongest: Defensive Line

weakest: QB and WR

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Offense: Strongest is TE; weakest is WR (no #1 WR without Blackmon)

Defense: Strongest is DL; weakest is S

I would argue Guard is the strongest over TE provided Zane Beadles is kept and drafted Guard A.J. Cann competes for LG instead of Center, and with RG Brandon Linder hopefully improving upon last years strong season with Shatley as depth.  (I know its hard to say a position on the Oline would be a strength after seeing last season).  I can understand why WR would be the weakest but they did play all year injured and R. Greene might kick butt then again Yeldon might strugle along with Sloby & D-Rob making HB the weakest.  Its almost a tie WR & HB so I wont argue WR and hope Yeldon is the next Marshall Lynch.

Defense DL if Fowler Jr plays the way we all hope along with DT Bennett & Marks comes back healthy.. combined with Odrick hopefully being the pass rusher he was when he last played Defensive End this Dline could be legendary.

The weakest is FS and CB but FS is so bad that I agree with you on Safety.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2015, 07:55 AM by TheSlinger.)

QB, WR, OT, LB and S are the ones that worry me. Bortles we have no idea what to expect. WR is very young an unproven - they have something like 2000 career receiving yards between them (didn't look it up, that's an estimate). OT are both question marks. Luke has been quite poor, Parnell has like 8 career starts or something LB has no depth. Telvin looked great and is unproven. [BAD WORD REMOVED] is declining. Skuta is a question mark. We have no backups. Safety everyone knows the concerns. I'd put LB as the biggest problem.

RB, TE, interior OL, and the entire D-line look very strong. D-line especially could be up there with the best. 

Edit: The most common nickname for our starting middle linebacker is censored...

well i could agrue that FB is the weakest position as the team has no need for one this season (according to them)..

Strongest: OL

Weakest: Safety

I really like the pass rushing capability of the d line but they don't have much run stopping or clogging girth.

I'll make the controversial best group vote for TE as we have a top 3 red zone target, top 5 blocker, and several guys developing in the wing who I like.

Worst group is easily safety. If someone can make the transition to FS and then cyp or say sample takes over at SS we may be better. Right now it is unclear if we have NFL talent starting or as depth at the safety position.

Weakest: Oline, yes we made additions, but considering how much of a sieve it was last year, in my eyes it's the weakest until it performs and shows the improvements/additions have turned it into a strength.

Strongest: Dline, and it's not close. every position is deep and has impact players across all 4 spots

Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Strongest:  TE

Weakest:  S

I just hope that this ends up being a strength:

Joeckel, Cann, ?Wisnewski/Bowanko?, Linder, Parnell

The sky is the limit with this group in terms of upside.  I sure hope it comes together - especially with a supposed O-Line guru coaching this majorly overhauled group. 

I think the D-Line is currently the strongest position group, with Safety being the weakest, but we may see at least moderate improvement there this season. Fingers crossed. 

Weakest, Safety/OL. Strongest, D line.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

How is the weakest area not C? Did we get one I did not know about?
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:How is the weakest area not C? Did we get one I did not know about?
Bowanko had a decent year as a 6th round rookie starting a few games into the season. He will now be battling with Wiz who is a 4 year starter. I am definitely ok with that going into the new year.

Im sorry wont agree. The Center while not thought of as qb is. Is in fact the leader of the offense. Even manning credited Saturday as being a reason he was so successful in indy.

And the reason we went so hard for Clevelands center.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

I'm going to have to go with defensive line as our strength and linebackers as our weakness.

The starting linebackers are good. Very good, but if one of them goes down, we are going to have a problem there.
Shock the world

Quote:I disagree about Cyprien sucking as you say, because when he is on the line and used to stop the run game he is above average in that department, but not so much going deep zone especially with no FS help.

GM Dave Caldwell drafted Strong Safety James Sample whom could play FS or challenge Cyprien for the starting role, or could simply be a package / rotation thing....

I agree the Dline is strong with the addition of Fowler Jr but will Marks return a 100%, Miller was injured towards the end of the season too.  Hopefully DT Michael Bennett will suprise us all and start next to Marks as more of a pass rusher than Miller.  If Odrick can pass rush as good as he once did at DE this line could be legendary...

I agree with you, especially with regard to the rotation thing.  I see so a lot of posts that assert, "we signed this guy, so this guy is gone".  We've had such poor quality depth over the last several years that it's refreshing that we could have a guy like Cyp as a potential backup if he can't fill the starting role.  Same sentiment for other positions as well.