Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Weakest/Strongest Areas on the team?

Strength- D Line

Weakness- LB corps, Telvin is our only good LB.
-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I disagree Skuta is projected to do well as the Jaguars SAM based on his 49ers experince and Poz is above average (despite all the hate about his coverage ability).

Don't understand why most posters picked S as the weakest spot.  True, it requires some projection.  Sample has good range, tackles well, and has some ball skills.  Brown played well for Indy.  He played very well against the Jaguars last year.  Cyprien is expected to improve this year and Evans, who will be his backup, has two years of experience.  As a group of four I am expecting them to be in the top 12-20 group in the league.

LB is much more of a concern.  After the starters, no one is projecting as a starting caliber LB.  Thomas and Hayes are both gone.  So I have concern over the LB position and think that LB is clearly the weakest link on the team.

Yes, the DL, even with Flower injured, is the strongest group on the team.

Quote:I agree with you, especially with regard to the rotation thing.  I see so a lot of posts that assert, "we signed this guy, so this guy is gone".  We've had such poor quality depth over the last several years that it's refreshing that we could have a guy like Cyp as a potential backup if he can't fill the starting role.  Same sentiment for other positions as well.

Unless a Safety shows to be better at what Gus is trying to do I see Cyprien remaining the starter at SS as he uses the SS mainly to stop the run at the line, but he tried to pull him as high safety and it did not go well.  I assume in obivious run packages Cyprien will be near the line but when it comes to 3rd and long it might be a Brown & Sample kind of deal.