Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can Nick Marshall help us at cornerback?

he will get his shot in the preseason

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2015, 12:31 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:I've heard of QBs in high school making the switch to defensive back when they enter college, but this seems a bit late.
He played CB in college at GA before moving to QB at Auburn, he is the only UDFA I think is a lock to make the team, he is an amazing athlete and very smart player. 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Go home you're drunk.

made it in safely.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Cuz his om aint strong nuff

i like how u spelled arm, thats pretty cool. Smile I heard Sammy Coates say how Marshall has a cannon
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

I've always loved his athleticism.  I really think it comes down to what he may be lacking in "taught" technique.  He just may be behind in footwork, and other fundamentals.  They aren't going to start at the beginning and go paint by numbers with you just because you are athletic unless you are a really quick learner.

He'll be on the practice squad while he learns how to be a pro DB, and while the coaching staff figures out if he's a big, slow corner or a safety.

How many college Qb's have transitioned to another position in the NFL and been at least a starter for an extended period of time?

Quote:How many college Qb's have transitioned to another position in the NFL and been at least a starter for an extended period of time?

Matt Jones duh
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:How many college Qb's have transitioned to another position in the NFL and been at least a starter for an extended period of time?

Drew Bennett

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Bennett'>http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Bennett</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Julian Edleman
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

No.

Does anyone know how he has looked through OTAs? For corner it's easier to tell without pads than most other positions
Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

They're not talking about him.  Nobody on this board is attending OTAs.  Take the lack of news for what it's worth. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I doubt it.

If a player isnt good enough to win a starting role at the position he's played his entire life, then what makes you think he'll be a great success trying a different one?  I mean anything is possible I guess but the odds are against you.  I think its very different when you have an already gifted athlete like JJ Watt for example he could probably play any role if you gave him enough reps and training at it.  Kind of like singers that can sing a phone book, great athletes can just play.

I remember Randall Cunningham or Joe Theisman punting abilities (Randall had one for over 90 yards), and many others that could play other roles in some cases better than most starters.

Randall Cobb

Quote:Randall Cobb

Cobb may have played some QB at Kentucky early in his career but he was a receiver mostly. He had over 1k yards receiving his final year there.

;

;

I dont know having Gus work with him at the senior bowl helps his chances...

Quote:I dont know having Gus work with him at the senior bowl helps his chances...
Only to the extent that it might get him on the practice squad.  This team can continue to develop him to see if he can make the transition without burning a roster spot, and I doubt very seriously that anyone is going to snap him up.   If they see potential in him, there's a good chance you won't see much of him in the preseason, and most of his action will come in training camp so they can keep a lid on what he's showing them.  He'll get some game time (assuming he's still here for the preseason), but how much remains to be seen.  He's a guy to watch during camp.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I think he represents some really good value if he can earn himself a roster spot based on his DB skills. If you can hold on to him as the Fifth or Sixth DB, then you also have yourself a trick QB who can run Read Option for you (it's really not that hard to learn, and he ran it a lot at Auburn) whenever you want to throw a wrench into someone's Defensive gameplan.

And if he gets blown up on a Read Option play, you just roll your #1 QB back in there as well as the #5 DB.
Robinson would be the first choice if they wanted to mix in the read option.

Quote:I dont know having Gus work with him at the senior bowl helps his chances...
That'll buy him some extra reps, but it's far from a punched ticket onto the roster. I still see the practice squad as the best hope for him.