Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL network best draft bracket

So we made the final four beating out the Falcons but losing to the Seahawks for best draft...solely because they "drafted" jimmy graham and have Russell Wilson...Seahawks had a terrible draft alone and the jets win

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Popularity contest at its best.

Quote:Popularity contest at its best.

Be that as it may, and it's ONLY a popularity contest, still made the final 4 Wink
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Be that as it may, and it's ONLY a popularity contest, still made the final 4 Wink
True.  Nice to get some recognition for a great draft.

Quote:So we made the final four beating out the Falcons but losing to the Seahawks for best draft...solely because they "drafted" jimmy graham and have Russell Wilson...Seahawks had a terrible draft alone and the jets win

A terrible draft? We'll see in two years. We also had the worst graded draft in 2012 by all of the "experts" and it worked out pretty good. I also don't know what Russell Wilson has to do with this.

Objectively, I don't consider our draft class as the best this year and we could do better, but it's far from terrible. I'm happy with the players we got and so is the team. We get a solid WR, who also happened to be (one of) the best KR/PR (which we really needed), two O-Linemen and a good pass rusher. 

As I already said in another thread, I hate grading two days after draft is over and I also don't know all of the 256 players that were drafted. But from my knowledge 5 teams with the best draft are the Jags, Falcons, Browns, Jets and Vikings (in no order).

Quote:A terrible draft? We'll see in two years. We also had the worst graded draft in 2012 by all of the "experts" and it worked out pretty good. I also don't know what Russell Wilson has to do with this.

Objectively, I don't consider our draft class as the best this year and we could do better, but it's far from terrible. I'm happy with the players we got and so is the team. We get a solid WR, who also happened to be (one of) the best KR/PR (which we really needed), two O-Linemen and a good pass rusher.

As I already said in another thread, I hate grading two days after draft is over and I also don't know all of the 256 players that were drafted. But from my knowledge 5 teams with the best draft are the Jags, Falcons, Browns, Jets and Vikings (in no order).

I love the way the Seahawks draft. It's what separated you guys over the years.
Shock the world

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2015, 06:00 PM by muddylips.)

All these 'grades' mean is that we correctly selected the players with the best attributes... on paper. It won't mean a thing if, come game time, we go out there with our new free agency and draft acquisitions and we play like dog squeeze again. All other things being equal (which is seldom the case...) we give ourselves the best 'chance' of success by fielding those players who have had the best prior experience, pro or college. We'll know by game three of the regular season if we got something to get excited about or if it's gonna be another long season.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

All I'm saying is jimmy graham wasn't drafted...technically he was traded..yes you can argue that but to say your draft was better than ours...no I don't agree and that's not me being a homer

Quote:All I'm saying is jimmy graham wasn't drafted...technically he was traded..yes you can argue that but to say your draft was better than ours...no I don't agree and that's not me being a homer

I'm not trying to be a jerk but who cares?

By chance,  did they have an NFL worst draft bracket as well?

Daniel Jeremiah just said it was his favorite draft by an AFC team. Then Charles Davis said the Michael Bennett pick might be the biggest steal in NFL history.

I care...and that's enough for me...jerk

Charles who?  They should coach these lads to temper on their superlatives.  So quick to quip best in history this, best ever that.  

Michael Bennett has not even had an NFL down yet...

But did someone say we won something?  Final 4 means you won your region?  Yayyy

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

They have a best draft tourney lol ??

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:By chance,  did they have an NFL worst draft bracket as well?
Don't really need a bracket to peg Carolina as the worst draft.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I care...and that's enough for me...jerk

LoL

Quote:I love the way the Seahawks draft. It's what separated you guys over the years.

Thanks. We have developed an unconventional way of thinking and drafting under Pete Carroll and John Schneider. They stick to their draft boards and don't care what Mel Kiper's of the world think about them for drafting Bruce Irvin in the 1st or Russell Wilson in the 3rd round.

But it's hard to watch our draft. As every fan I have a list of players I want us to draft and in 6 drafts under Carroll and Schneider I don't think we draft a single one of them. It's probably better so because most of them didn't become what I expect them to be. That's why I'll never be a professional scout or GM.

It's also almost impossible to guess which player we'll draft (that's probably true for most teams, but some teams are far more predictable). I was right about Kristjan Sokoli this year, only I expect him a round earlier. So maybe I have finally figure them out. We'll see next year. Smile

Quote:All I'm saying is jimmy graham wasn't drafted...technically he was traded..yes you can argue that but to say your draft was better than ours...no I don't agree and that's not me being a homer

I was just saying our draft wasn't terrible (as you called it) and I didn't say it was better than yours. I was also giving credit to Jaguars for having a top 5 draft. Of course it's just my opinion, which doesn't mean much, but most of the media experts agree with that.

Our draft is probably graded somewhere in the middle, but I don't really care about that. Teams are not drafting for getting a good draft grades from draftnicks, they are drafting players who (they believe) can help them win. Right now every team is feeling confident they drafted the best or right players, but only time will tell which teams had a good draft. 

About Graham: I consider him as a part of our 2015 draft, but yes, when grading rookie draft classes it's probably not fair to include him.

I dont understand grading the draft right after it occured it is basically saying that they agree with my way of thinking so yeay, but it doesnt mean that those players will actually do everything the GMs/Owners had hoped in the upcoming season(s).

I think its fair to grade the year after a rookie even though everyone says 3 years, you can kind of getting a feeling of how the guy will be after only one season (if he played at least half of it).

Exactly.

I read somewhere that we should grade 1st round rookies after one season, 2nd round after their second year and 3rd and later rounds after 3rd season. But most of the later rounds players don't even stick on a team so long if they are not good enough, so they must show something before.

I usually give 2 years to every player before I can fairly evaluate him. Of course there are players who are playing above expectations in their rookie seasons and then they have a "sophomore slump". In that case I give them a 3rd year to see exactly how good they are.

We should also consider injuries and special cases like QB sitting for a year (or more) behind an experienced starter like the Jaguars intended to do with Blake Bortles last year.

I don't know how they were graded, but the Packers 2005 draft class (I think the only other player from that class that was having a good career was Nick Collins, but if you get your franchise HOF caliber QB a draft is always great) is looking a lot better now when Aaron Rodgers is arguably the best QB in the league than it was in say so 2007, when he was still sitting behind Brett Favre and nobody know he'd become that good.

True because a first round pick in theory is supposed to start and make an immediate impact on the team so why not grade them after one year?