Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marqise Lee

Hearing Bradley talk about Lee moving into Cecil's "x" position makes me a little nervous. This of course is the #1 WR role on most teams, aka the "split end" position, which is by far the most demanding position in terms of talent where guys are up against the league's top CBs. I just don't see Marquis drawing double teams like many of the WRs around the league who man this position. I recall back several seasons when we were all gung ho for Jason Hill to man this spot, and he simply flamed out when the games started. Is Marquis truly ready for this? Now if he is, I'm stoked because it allows the other WRs to do what they do best, but if he can't hang as the x it sort of throws a wrench in the offensive works.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I feel like it's more of a "line him up outside" instead of a "he's our #1 guy" move. The team has stated that they feel better having Lee on the outside of the formation and that makes sense to me. He has speed to threaten a Defense and he has moves on in breaking routes.

I feel like this is more of a move to get him to do what he does best.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I think you're overthinking it.

I think Lee started to show the potential the Jags thought he had late last year.  The game seemed to slow down a bit for him late last year.  That, coupled with Thomas in the the middle of the field should help him a lot this year.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

only guy currently on the team with the straightline speed to blow the top off the defense so sure

I think Marquis is going to have a tough statistical year if he plays X, generally on the other side away from the Y, Z, and Thomas.  

Quote:I think Lee started to show the potential the Jags thought he had late last year.  The game seemed to slow down a bit for him late last year.  That, coupled with Thomas in the the middle of the field should help him a lot this year.

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. If Lee can stay healthy and learn how to properly run routes, watch out. The talent is certainly there.

Quote:Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. If Lee can stay healthy and learn how to properly run routes, watch out. The talent is certainly there.

hey, just wanted to come by and say nice post and i agree.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Hearing Bradley talk about Lee moving into Cecil's "x" position makes me a little nervous. This of course is the #1 WR role on most teams, aka the "split end" position, which is by far the most demanding position in terms of talent where guys are up against the league's top CBs. I just don't see Marquis drawing double teams like many of the WRs around the league who man this position. I recall back several seasons when we were all gung ho for Jason Hill to man this spot, and he simply flamed out when the games started. Is Marquis truly ready for this? Now if he is, I'm stoked because it allows the other WRs to do what they do best, but if he can't hang as the x it sort of throws a wrench in the offensive works.

Lee and Robinson on the outside and J Thomas in the slot could be the go to formation. And I like it.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Lee is the most talented WR on the team, last year he was the starter then he got hurt and was set back, year 2 expect a huge jump for him, Lane Kiffin once said Lee is the best WR he ever coached, and Kiffin has coached a lot of great WRs.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:only guy currently on the team with the straightline speed to blow the top off the defense so sure

Where is this speed? At Indy he posted an unofficial 4.44 which was adjusted to an official time of 4.52. At his pro day he opted not to run. TJ Yeldon ran a 4.52 at his pro day, and he's considered slow. Allen Robinson, btw, ran a 4.47 at his pro day.

It appears even Rashad Greene is just as fast as Lee having run a 4.53 at the combine.

'02

Quote:Where is this speed? At Indy he posted an unofficial 4.44 which was adjusted to an official time of 4.52. At his pro day he opted not to run. TJ Yeldon ran a 4.52 at his pro day, and he's considered slow.
Yeah, but wasn't Lee running on a bum knee? I seem to recall the general consensus being that he was a 4.4 guy if not for the injury.

Regardless, Lee might be in the X position, but I still expect Robinson to get the majority of the targets.

When we were all clamoring for Jason Hill to be our saviour at spli-end, part of that was knowing he ran a 4.32.

'02

Quote:Yeah, but wasn't Lee running on a bum knee? I seem to recall the general consensus being that he was a 4.4 guy if not for the injury.

Regardless, Lee might be in the X position, but I still expect Robinson to get the majority of the targets.

Hmm... I hadn't heard that.

'02

Quote:Where is this speed? At Indy he posted an unofficial 4.44 which was adjusted to an official time of 4.52. At his pro day he opted not to run. TJ Yeldon ran a 4.52 at his pro day, and he's considered slow. Allen Robinson, btw, ran a 4.47 at his pro day.

It appears even Rashad Greene is just as fast as Lee having run a 4.53 at the combine.

these underwear timed speeds almost never reflect the way a player plays and the speed he demonstrates on the field. examples of this are plentiful, i dont even feel like i need to put any to justify that. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Move em around until you figure who fits best where.. As long as they get it done though.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

If Lee was gimpy at the combine, then why did he opt not to run weeks later at his pro day?

'02

*MARQISE

Quote:When we were all clamoring for Jason Hill to be our saviour at spli-end, part of that was knowing he ran a 4.32.

Jason Hill pales in comparison to Lee as a prospect.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I think Lee will draw the double teams you are looking for sooner or later.