Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marqise Lee

Besides the usual suspects like Matt Jones and Reggie Williams, we have had to put our faith in guys like Hill, Sims-Walker, Porter, Williamson...to now look at the potential of our guys is mind blowing. We are way past due for some real athleticism at the wideout position and it looks like we might finally get it. Lee, Robinson, and Hurns all showed some great flashes in year one. Will be exciting to see them with a year under the belt and Greene hopefully being able to step into that slot/ returner role. I suppose we still might throw a flyer at a veteran come cut time since our group still is very young, but I can definitely see the promise in our group for the now and for the future. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Watch the games dont look at numbers. Lee is clearly faster than Arob. Idc what time they ran in shorts

Quote:When we were all clamoring for Jason Hill to be our saviour at spli-end, part of that was knowing he ran a 4.32.

Jason Hill didn't win a Belitnikoff or 2 in college. Marquis has talent that Jason Hill could only dream of.

Remember when that guy talked smack about Revis the week before a game, only not to play against him a few days later? Then he signed with the Jets (sweet irony) and was promptly out of the league. Marquis Lee is not the same guy.

Quote:Jason Hill didn't win a Belitnikoff or 2 in college. Marquis has talent that Jason Hill could only dream of.

Remember when that guy talked smack about Revis the week before a game, only not to play against him a few days later? Then he signed with the Jets (sweet irony) and was promptly out of the league. Marquis Lee is not the same guy.

our players/team was so awful for a while. things like that really put it into perspective.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

If Lee had come a year earlier he would've been viewed just like Amari Cooper coming out.

Quote:Where is this speed? At Indy he posted an unofficial 4.44 which was adjusted to an official time of 4.52. At his pro day he opted not to run. TJ Yeldon ran a 4.52 at his pro day, and he's considered slow. Allen Robinson, btw, ran a 4.47 at his pro day.

It appears even Rashad Greene is just as fast as Lee having run a 4.53 at the combine.
In a game last year, Lee came from off screen and chased a guy down. The guy was running down the sideline and Lee came from the top corner of the screen and closed the distance in a flash to push him out of bounds. If you honestly question his speed, go find the play and watch it.

Marquise had a far better rookie year than Cecil. I expect a far better year 2 as well.

I really hope he can step up. Love this kid's passionate play for the game, as well as his competitiveness. We will find out.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

X,O,square,triangle. You guys sound as if yall are playing PS4 or XBOX.....J/K. Lee did look better later in the season with more key catches.. He will probably make somemore key plays as slot WR but I think Hurns will draw the double. He was solid throughout the season.

I know we are talking about Lee but I just saw some highlights on Greene and does anybody else agree that he plays like Desean Jackson as far as speed and after the catch moves. He might just be the ____ piece. At least 1 of them.

Quote:In a game last year, Lee came from off screen and chased a guy down. The guy was running down the sideline and Lee came from the top corner of the screen and closed the distance in a flash to push him out of bounds. If you honestly question his speed, go find the play and watch it.

I do recall that play. He needs to be that fast consistently.

'02

Between 2-3 WRs and 1-2 TEs plus a possible RB floating out of the backfield...I'm not worried if they double cover him or not...that just means someone else is probably open. :thumbsup:

Quote:Between 2-3 WRs and 1-2 TEs plus a possible RB floating out of the backfield...I'm not worried if they double cover him or not...that just means someone else is probably open. :thumbsup:

There's three type's of split ends.... 1. The type that never draws double teams. 2. The type that draws double teams consistently, but gets shut down by those double teams. 3. The type that is always double teamed and consistently beats those double teams for big gains,

'02

Quote:There's three type's of split ends.... 1. The type that never draws double teams. 2. The type that draws double teams consistently, but gets shut down by those double teams. 3. The type that is always double teamed and consistently beats those double teams for big gains,
Way over-analyzing here...at this point it's irrelevant if he turns into a "#1" WR (the kind to beat double teams).  Do we hope so?  Sure...but with Lee, A Rob, Hurns, Thomas, Lewis, Yeldon in some combination, it should keep defenses somewhat honest.  BB just has to find the open or single covered man.

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2015, 11:51 PM by Firesky.)

he caught up to todman running full speed from 10 yards behind him. if you watch him play, i wouldnt question his speed. also it doesnt matter if the "X" spot demands double teams as long as someone does, Allen Robinson just gets open and moves the chains, and Julius Thomas will command attention as well we have the weapons on offense to command coverage. His speed warrants someone helping over the top. TY Hilton plays the slot and was the guy that commanded double teams for the Colts last year. I wouldn't read too much into the "X" or position itself dictating coverage, let their abilities and on field show it. also Lee is fast, if you want to man him up he'll either burn you deep or lose you on a drag route over the middle, if defenses want to put someone not nearly his caliber of speed on him 1v1 in space they can be our guest as far as im concerned lol

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...e8c2f96e05

Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Quote:these underwear timed speeds almost never reflect the way a player plays and the speed he demonstrates on the field. examples of this are plentiful, i dont even feel like i need to put any to justify that. 

How dare you. Matt Jones, Mike Thomas and Mike Sims Walker have all got incredible speed

Quote:he caught up to todman running full speed from 10 yards behind him. if you watch him play, i wouldnt question his speed. also it doesnt matter if the "X" spot demands double teams as long as someone does, Allen Robinson just gets open and moves the chains, and Julius Thomas will command attention as well we have the weapons on offense to command coverage. His speed warrants someone helping over the top. TY Hilton plays the slot and was the guy that commanded double teams for the Colts last year. I wouldn't read too much into the "X" or position itself dictating coverage, let their abilities and on field show it. also Lee is fast, if you want to man him up he'll either burn you deep or lose you on a drag route over the middle, if defenses want to put someone not nearly his caliber of speed on him 1v1 in space they can be our guest as far as im concerned lol

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...e8c2f96e05

Reminds me of Jimmy Smith apparently jogging faster than Fred Taylor and defender at full pace against Miami in the 90 yard run. 

I can't help but be a bit surprised by the talk from Gus about Marquise at "X"

I just assumed Robinson made more sense there with his ability to be more physical against press coverage, but obviously the coaches are seeing something from Lee that they want to develop there.  (at X)  Fine by me.  At least until it doesn't work.  (not saying it won't)

Sullivan has preached versatility from his receivers since arriving and I'm sure that will continue. 

I'm excited about this young group of WRs  that now includes a guy with a strong skill set at the slot position.  Greene has a very natural looking fluidity to his routes with a very sudden plant foot/change of direction that should serve him well at the position.  Needs to put on a few pounds - but clearly knows how to take a hit. 

Line up Robinson and Lee anywhere you want -- the addition of Julius Thomas and Rashad Greene just made them more dangerous. I'm more excited about that than I am concerned over Lee's designation in the playbook.  

Bradley re-iterated that the new offense would seek to utilize individual strengths.  I'll trust that until I have reason not to. 

Quote:I can't help but be a bit surprised by the talk from Gus about Marquise at "X"

I just assumed Robinson made more sense there with his ability to be more physical against press coverage, but obviously the coaches are seeing something from Lee that they want to develop there.  (at X)  Fine by me.  At least until it doesn't work.  (not saying it won't)

Sullivan has preached versatility from his receivers since arriving and I'm sure that will continue. 

I'm excited about this young group of WRs  that now includes a guy with a strong skill set at the slot position.  Greene has a very natural looking fluidity to his routes with a very sudden plant foot/change of direction that should serve him well at the position.  Needs to put on a few pounds - but clearly knows how to take a hit. 

Line up Robinson and Lee anywhere you want -- the addition of Julius Thomas and Rashad Greene just made them more dangerous. I'm more excited about that than I am concerned over Lee's designation in the playbook.  

Bradley re-iterated that the new offense would seek to utilize individual strengths.  I'll trust that until I have reason not to. 

Indeed.  They are not going to relentlessly line up player x at position y because they feel like he can do good there.  

You move em around and tally productivity, that's how roles are established.  The good thing is the personnel is in place.  Young but as versatile and deep as there is in the entire league.

Did you go to the draft party NYC?

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Hearing Bradley talk about Lee moving into Cecil's "x" position makes me a little nervous. This of course is the #1 WR role on most teams, aka the "split end" position, which is by far the most demanding position in terms of talent where guys are up against the league's top CBs. I just don't see Marquis drawing double teams like many of the WRs around the league who man this position. I recall back several seasons when we were all gung ho for Jason Hill to man this spot, and he simply flamed out when the games started. Is Marquis truly ready for this? Now if he is, I'm stoked because it allows the other WRs to do what they do best, but if he can't hang as the x it sort of throws a wrench in the offensive works.

This is where Lee is/was going to be all along.  It's just that it's time for him to prove the position is his.

It's likely why we were looking at filling the slot role, so Lee could be outside full time.

If he's not "the guy" by the end of the season (or at least on his way there,) I would expect competition.  Either from guys who are here or in the next draft.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."