Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jake Waters

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2015, 11:16 PM by clfcrn777.)

Not trying to hype the guy too much, he's an UDFA after all. But watching some of his games, he reminds me a lot of Russell wilson. The guy is nimble, throws a tight and accurate ball. Both are on the small side. 

Also found this little gem: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2434193-jake-waters-opens-up-about-personal-pro-day-health-and-nfl-draft-expectations

I found the part about deep accuracy astounding. He was the best last year by a large margin.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He good.  Another nice trait about him is how he can change his throwing motion and still throw a quick, accurate ball.  Watch how often you'll see him side arm the ball to avoid pressure.  Very improv.

He's 6'1" and has 2" on Wilson.  For height comparison (only), Mark Brunell is 6'1".

Russell Wilson is a top 5 NFL QB. This guy likely won't be a top 5 NFL backup.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:He good.  Another nice trait about him is how he can change his throwing motion and still throw a quick, accurate ball.  Watch how often you'll see him side arm the ball to avoid pressure.  Very improv.
Yeah, he can adjust his arm angle a lot, similar to matt stafford. Sometimes that can get you in trouble, but it can certainly come in handy too.

I think the relevant question is Waters versus Morris.  They've kicked the tires on Morris for a year.  Would they rather work with Waters now?  My guess is yes, you can probably release Morris and get him back (off the street) if you need to later.

Sounds like a cpu generated rookie in madden.

Waters looks pretty decent from the very few games I've focused on him while I was scouting Lockett. I think he has a very good chance to beat out Morris and can eventually be groomed as a #2 QB. He recently had surgery though and wasn't able to work out at all this offseason. I would like to know where he stands on that as well.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

He should be able to compete well for the #3 role against Morris.  I am not a Morris fan, as he is inaccurate.

Would we get rid of Morris or Henne? We are probably going into preseason with three QBs and at this point we know which one is never going to be more than he is now. I would rather give Morris and Waters a shot.

Of course you would not get rid of Henne.  Henne is perfect for his role of backup QB in case Blake gets hurt.   Waters would be a #3 learning his craft.

Here's a good article on him. It looks like he's on track with his rehab.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/243...pectations
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

says he worked alot on his footwork while not being able to throw. Him and Sterling and Walters and Binn, with Grant in the backfield with Koyack in there. Sounds like bizzaro (old) N.O. Saints
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Russell Wilson is a top 5 NFL QB. This guy likely won't be a top 5 NFL backup.

Lol what ? Russell Wilson is not a top 5 QB.

1-Tom Brady

2-Peyton Manning

3-Aaron Rodgers

4-Drew Brees

5-Big Ben/Philip Rives/ Andrew Luck all better
-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

Morris was here for one reason, and that reason is now coaching in Michigan.  If they see more potential in Waters, he'll replace Morris as the irrelevant QB.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Well, he can't be worse than Matt Scott, right?