Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WWGD: What Would Gene Do?

That all looks so familiar... Wallbash.....

.....don't miss it at all.  :no:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You need to let it go

Breath deep, and let it go.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I would take that draft over the giant steamer Jean Smiff served up in 2010.

1. Tyson Alualu- Cal

3. D'Anthony Smith- Louisiana Tech

5. Larry Hart- Central Arkansas

5. Austen Lane- Murray State

6. Deji Karim- Southern Illinois

6. Scotty McGee- James Madison

5 consecutive small school selections, 4 of them Division 2. This is both hilarious and infuriating in hindsight.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I would take that draft over the giant steamer Jean Smiff served up in 2010.

1. Tyson Alualu- Cal

5 consecutive small school selections, 4 of them Division 2. This is both hilarious and infuriating in hindsight.
Cringe worthy.
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2015, 07:16 AM by HeadSlap.)

Our Mother's would say it's time to put on your big girl panties and grow up.

Yes, your big sister Jean was mean to you.

She made a lot of mistake's

You're still hurt and it does hurt.

But it is in the past.

Forgive yourself

Then forgive Jean, and move on.

Big brother Dave is making it right.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:After much careful study, I'd like to issue my crack at a WWGD draft, reflecting what could have been if Gene Smith were still the GM of this team, complete with "Gene's" thoughts on each pick. I welcome your comments.

Rd. 1: Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin. The running back position was the thinnest in the draft, and the Jaguars need a star at that spot. Gene Smith liked Melvin Gordon, kind of like how he liked Maurice Jones-Drew. The problem is that the Raiders are coached by Jack Del Rio now, who also liked Maurice Jones-Drew, and therefore probably likes Melvin Gordon as well. Gene was offered three first-round picks, Mychal Kendricks, Fletcher Cox, Brandon Boykin and the hand of Chip Kelly's eldest daughter in marriage for this pick, but the chances of Oakland drafting Gordon at four were just too high for him to take that risk.

Rd. 2: Preston Smith, DE, Mississippi State. It's that time again--that one pick of Gene's draft that makes sense.

Rd. 3: Tray Walker, CB, Texas Southern. Diamond in the rough. Incredible coverage player who absolutely dominated his competition. No way could he be passed at this pick.

Rd. 3: Zach Vigil, ILB, Utah State. Holy cow, are you kidding? I had a first-round grade on this guy, and he's still there in three? It was totally worth giving up this year's four and next year's two for a hidden gem like this. No way he makes it to our pick in round four.

Rd. 5: DeAndre Carter, WR, Sacramento State. Anyone else we drafted here would have been a backup, but instead we got our starting punt returner. Carter is a weapon!

Rd. 6: La'el Collins, OT, LSU. How did this guy fall so far? No, seriously, someone explain to me how this guy fell so far. Did he kill somebody last week or something?

Rd. 7: Jean Sifrin, TE, Massachusetts. Obscure player from a lower level of competition who's five years older than the average draft prospect? Sounds like a perfect pick to finish off the draft!

That is crazy no way would gene smith have drafted Melvin Gordon at #3 overall he wouldve traded up and got a player nobody has even heard of and those that did had him going in the 7th round.

This whole thread is disrespectful and a waste of time. The guy was fired. Why would u need to post a thread like this.

It looks like w we had a good draft and that's great. Grow up in the mean time.

Who cares. He's gone. What a waste of time.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

wow, still on this huh?

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

What is the statute of limitation before people finally move on from Gene Smith?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:What is the statute of limitation before people finally move on from Gene Smith?

Gene was with this organisation 1994-2012..So lets call the statute of limitations set for.. Hmmmm.. 18 years starting in 2012. So, 15 years left.. There's plenty more to say about that piece of trash..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Our Mother's would say it's time to put on your big girl panties and grow up.

But it is in the past.

Forgive yourself

HeadSlap

This.

Lather, rinse, repeat as needed.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Our Mother's would say it's time to put on your big girl panties and grow up.

But it is in the past.

Forgive yourself

HeadSlap

What if she chooses not to wear any, what then?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:What if she chooses not to wear any, what then?

Then it's a party!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Looking back at gene Smiff makes us appreciate the GM we have now. Plus, it's may, after the draft, with nothing else to talk about on the jaguars mb.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I would take that draft over the giant steamer Jean Smiff served up in 2010.

1. Tyson Alualu- Cal

That's pretty funny.  It's like he's a GM hipster with his anti-big school agenda.  Granted Cal isn't a small school, but I guess there were not any promising DEs that year from South-Eastern Montana Tech.

Quote:What is the statute of limitation before people finally move on from Gene Smith?

When the Jags make the playoffs.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:When the Jags make the playoffs.

How many players are left from the Gene Smith era?  Not enough for him to warrant the kind of attention he still gets from some, that's for sure.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:How many players are left from the Gene Smith era?  Not enough for him to warrant the kind of attention he still gets from some, that's for sure.

That's exactly what warrants the attention he gets from some.  The fact that there are so few players left from his drafts....the players that should be conrnerstones of the franchise.

One of these years.............

Quote:How many players are left from the Gene Smith era?  Not enough for him to warrant the kind of attention he still gets from some, that's for sure.
Only reason we are rebuilding is because he put us into this hole.  I'm not going to put a 100% of the blame on him as coaching and players should get some of the blame, but still...