Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the draft now over, does everyone still feel like this team is a sub .500 team heading into the 2015 season?

AFC south is the worst division in football. Anything is possible in this division.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We didn't get a #1 Corner. How well we do depends on the development of Secondary players like Davon House and Sample.

Expectations can't be too high considering the lack of experience. We had a really bad secondary last year, and that's not a secret.

Safe to assume next year we are getting Kendall Fuller or Hargreaves first round. You can book it IMO.

Quote:We didn't get a #1 Corner. How well we do depends on the development of Secondary players like Davon House and Sample.

Expectations can't be too high considering the lack of experience. We had a really bad secondary last year, and that's not a secret.

Safe to assume next year we are getting Kendall Fuller or Hargreaves first round. You can book it IMO.

?
Shock the world

K

I wouldn't say we had a really bad secondary.  I'd say we had very inconsistent safety play, but the corners were looking rather good by years end.

Instead of asking yourself "If we don't get 6 wins this season, is Gus on the hot seat?", the real question you should ask "Is Bortles the man?". 

If we beat the Pats the world will explode

Quote:If we beat the Pats the world will explode

I know it's waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy early, but would anyone like to venture a guess on what the betting line might be in the Jags/Pats game? The Super Bowls champs against Bortles and the Jags.

I feel pretty confident Brady will play, but just in case, you can give 2 lines, one with Brady playing and one without.

Will it really be double figures if Brady plays?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I know it's waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy early, but would anyone like to venture a guess on what the betting line might be in the Jags/Pats game? The Super Bowls champs against Bortles and the Jags.

I feel pretty confident Brady will play, but just in case, you can give 2 lines, one with Brady playing and one without.

Will it really be double figures if Brady plays?
With Brady, Pats -17

Without Brady, Pats -3

I'm basing this on what I saw last year.  I have expectations for those two lines to be a lot less due to our offseason, but I gotta see that development on the field first.

BORTLES ISN'T A FRANCHISE QB. FOURNETTE WILL BE A BUST.

Quote:Agree.  Less than 6 wins, and it's time to start asking: Is Gus the right guy?  
I don't disagree, but you first have to ask; Has Dave assembled a 6 or more wins talent level roster? 

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:I don't disagree, but you first have to ask; Has Dave assembled a 6 or more wins talent level roster? 
Yes.

Quote:Many of us were hoping that Caldwell and Co. would have a solid draft this year, but nobody else (except me) expected the draft to be this good. Caldwell brought in a lot of solid players with playmaking ability, add onto that a decent pool of free agents, as well as a dozen or so second and third year players, and we have a really good looking team right now. Obviously OTA's, training camp, and the preseason will give us a big glimpse as to how this team will perform; the regular season will show how serious the organization has been in trying to build a winning team. 16-0 anyone?

Keep it up Dave!
Sure he received great grades from the media that felt the same way he does about the players he drafted and addressing the teams needs that doesnt mean that those players will play exactly as if they had hoped, that is up to them and the coaches (and luck as far as staying healthy for example or out of trouble).

Even us homers really dont see a Playoff type season out of this team but we can hope for it..

Quote:Sure he received great grades from the media that felt the same way he does about the players he drafted and addressing the teams needs that doesnt mean that those players will play exactly as if they had hoped, that is up to them and the coaches (and luck as far as staying healthy for example or out of trouble).

Even us homers really dont see a Playoff type season out of this team but we can hope for it..
They most likely won't make the playoffs this year but the team should be significantly better.

Early on in the season I think we will have definite struggles as our offense learns a new system, however by I think week 4 the gears will begin to mesh and a true offensive engine will emerge, optimistically I see 10-11 wins, I would give a realistic estimate but why, right now we have the same record as the other 31 teams and by the end of week 1 we will still have the same record as 50% of the league, so let's revel in the fact a new season will soon be upon us and we seem to have a lot better toys than we have had in years
A good loser is a good loser