Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the draft now over, does everyone still feel like this team is a sub .500 team heading into the 2015 season?

Quote:A .500 team right now would be a blessing.. Excellent draft, but I think these guys are gonna need a year to gel.. Hope I'm wrong and they take off immediately though..

Right on...the X-factor is BB.  If Bortles can really elevate his game and can carry the team to a few wins on his back next year then 1, that means he may be the franchise QB we need and 2, then .500 is realistic.  He doesn't have to carry the team in every game but we need to see that from him in a couple games.  There should be a few games where good game management and the defense lead to a couple of wins.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I still think we're a 6-10 team this year, maybe 7-9. If Bortles plays lights-out, maybe we crack .500. That said, I think we're going to be a very strong 6-10, in every game to the end rather than getting our tails handed to us on a silver platter, and that would be improvement enough for me to feel really good going into 2016.

At least on paper, this draft class looks pretty good. Overall, the team roster is looking better than it has in some time. I happen to be a firm believer in the adage that the offense will only be as good as the o-line is; with what is hoped to be veteran upgrades and more depth on the o-line, I'm hoping there's reason for optimism this coming season. We added what is hoped will be a game changer in Fowler on defense; hopefully, he is the true 'leo' position player we've needed. Here's hoping for a rapid recovery for Marks. 

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:At least on paper, this draft class looks pretty good. Overall, the team roster is looking better than it has in some time. I happen to be a firm believer in the adage that the offense will only be as good as the o-line is; with what is hoped to be veteran upgrades and more depth on the o-line, I'm hoping there's reason for optimism this coming season. We added what is hoped will be a game changer in Fowler on defense; hopefully, he is the true 'leo' position player we've needed. Here's hoping for a rapid recovery for Marks. 
I'm certain that Marks will be able to recover and compete on a high level again.

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2015, 05:20 PM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:I'm certain that Marks will be able to recover and compete on a high level again.
Idk. Guys that are nearing 30 and weigh 300 pounds tend to come back from knee injuries a lot slower than guys like Adrian Peterson. I don't expect Marks to come back to form until mid-season at the earliest, if at all to be honest. Unfortunately, I'm afraid we've seen the best of what SenDerrick has to offer the Jags at this point. I hate to say that, but I'm trying to be realistic here; I don't think he will ever come back and be the same player he was last year.

I hope I'm 100% wrong too.

Offense is still young, defense should be top 15 but offensively there is still a ton of work to do.

The big unknown is how much improvement the rookies will make from year 1 to year 2. If they all improve a good amount, then 9-7 is a possibility. Who knows though. 

Quote:Idk. Guys that are nearing 30 and weigh 300 pounds tend to come back from knee injuries a lot slower than guys like Adrian Peterson. I don't expect Marks to come back to form until mid-season at the earliest, if at all to be honest. Unfortunately, I'm afraid we've seen the best of what SenDerrick has to offer the Jags at this point. I hate to say that, but I'm trying to be realistic here; I don't think he will ever come back and be the same player he was last year.

I hope I'm 100% wrong too.

Agree. Look at Geno Atkins. Big men with ACL injuries are totally different than skill positions on offense. Im not sure Marks will ever be back to his level of this year. Good that he got paid before it happened though. 

This draft doesn't change my prediction of 5 or 6 wins...With some serious luck maybe hitting 7...mainly because historically draft classes don't come in and make major impacts on the win/loss column.

I think it's important to get off to a much better start to the season then we did in Gus' first 2 seasons.

That could go a long way in how the Jags do the rest of the season.

Come on Gus, get us off to a good start.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:This draft doesn't change my prediction of 5 or 6 wins...With some serious luck maybe hitting 7...mainly because historically draft classes don't come in and make major impacts on the win/loss column.

The important players in this class can be good right away. Fowler maybe not so much, but Cann and Yeldon will have a huge immediate impact. interior OL and RB are the two easiest transitions from college to pro. 

Quote:The important players in this class can be good right away. Fowler maybe not so much, but Cann and Yeldon will have a huge immediate impact. interior OL and RB are the two easiest transitions from college to pro. 

Why not Fowler?

We really need our top pick to make an impact on the field, or why take them at the top?

When was the last time the Jags top pick made a big impact on the field?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Yes. Five wins tops, unless we get a bunch of lucky bounces our way, which never happens.

I'd be ecstatic with 7 or 8.

I feel this roster has improved more than this and will be pushing .500 all season. I'm saying 6 wins minimum and probably 7 to 9 as in within one game of .500. One more season of improvement like this and we should be expecting a Playoff contender in 2016.

'02

Last time I checked the disclaimer tag on draft picks there was this statement.

"Prior collegiate performance is no guarantee of transition of said performance to League level"

It would be great if DFJ was DROY with 2x sacks, I would be ready to canonize Caldwell.

Until verification, set an realistic goal and stretch to exceed.

Setting unrealistic goals is merely setting one's self up for failure.

HeadSlap

Plan your work, Work you plan, Strive to execute flawlessly.

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

I expect us to split the division. That's 3 win. Out of the other 10 games, I expect us to be very competitive in at least half of them (5) and pulling out 3 wins. That's 6 wins. Out of the other 5 games if we can pull off a couple tough victories that is another maybe 1 to 3 wins.

So I say 6-10 minimum and 9-7 max.

I feel like that's a good way to look at jt.

Quote:Last time I checked the disclaimer tag on draft picks there was this statement.

"Prior collegiate performance is no guarantee of transition of said performance to League level"

It would be great if DFJ was DROY with 2x sacks, I would be ready to canonize Caldwell.

Until verification, set an realistic goal and stretch to exceed.

Setting unrealistic goals is merely setting one's self up for failure.

HeadSlap

Plan your work, Work you plan, Strive to execute flawlessly.

You sound like one of them motivational posters hangin on the wall of some sales office..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I'm confident in Bortles progression so I will say 8-8
Shock the world

With the roster we had last year we were a Shorts fumble in Tennessee and 2 pick sixes in Miami away from 5-11. With a year under the 14 classes belt, FA and Draft aquisitions this year 6 or 7 wins shouldn't be out of the question.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:With the roster we had last year we were a Shorts fumble in Tennessee and 2 pick sixes in Miami away from 5-11. With a year under the 14 classes belt, FA and Draft aquisitions this year 6 or 7 wins shouldn't be out of the question.

And Shorts drop vs Texans...

And gave away opening week game at Philly...

Almost 7-9 really..
Shock the world

Good points. Don't expect the ball to bounce our way even MOST of the time, but man we could've been a lot better last year. 7 wins should be attainable with the same defense and a marginally better offense, which I think the time has now.

Quote:And Shorts drop vs Texans...

And gave away opening week game at Philly...

Almost 7-9 really..

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn