Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the draft now over, does everyone still feel like this team is a sub .500 team heading into the 2015 season?

It all hinges on Blake's development, he has to become a more accurate passer and a better decision maker. At the end of last season, he was getting smarter, but he didn't have the technique to make accurate enough throws.. I think he has maybe a year of technical development before he's a above .500 qb and circumstances do matter.. I'm not a fan of Yeldon, but I'm hoping he proves me wrong and fills the RB hole, because the running game was so non-existent that I believe it hampered the offensive scheme and development harshly  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Good points. Don't expect the ball to bounce our way even MOST of the time, but man we could've been a lot better last year. 7 wins should be attainable with the same defense and a marginally better offense, which I think the time has now.

The ball only bounced our way against the Browns and Giants unfortunately.

Our fortune will change soon I really believe that.
Shock the world

Quote:Yes. Five wins tops, unless we get a bunch of lucky bounces our way, which never happens.

I'd be ecstatic with 7 or 8.

I agree, but 2016 is a different story.

I think they will have 6-9 wins, this draft was great, better than I'd expected i think we got a lot of talent but as it has been said they would need some time to gel and don't really know how the rookies form the last year would develop.

After the whole draft I am feeling very optimistic. However, I remember feeling the same way after last year's draft. I will temper my expectations until I see some improvements on the field, and not just against the practice squads or preseason games. Havinh said that, I dont see how we could have regressed at all. We have more talent of the team, just need to see how well they are coached.

Our win total will be reflective upon 1A) Bortles and 1B) The O-Line.  I believe Brown/Sample will be an upgrade at FS, not to mention Skuta, Fowler, Bennett and Odrick should all make integral to the defense becoming better.  Our D put is in a position plenty of times to put us ahead but 3 and outs effectively killed them.

Wiz, Cann, and Parnell are easily the biggest additions we made.  Yes, I know we signed Julius Thomas, but those 3 guys are gonna be the real difference makers.

That being said, I see 5 being our low number, 8 being our high.  I'd be thrilled with 6-7 and some competitive losses. Like Caldwell said, this isn't a race, it's a marathon. Plus, god knows he had to gut this roster of Gene Smith's rejects.

BORTLES ISN'T A FRANCHISE QB. FOURNETTE WILL BE A BUST.

Yes, less than .500 team.  Gus hasn't shown me he wins close games.

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2015, 06:45 AM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:I think they will have 6-9 wins, this draft was great, better than I'd expected i think we got a lot of talent but as it has been said they would need some time to gel and don't really know how the rookies form the last year would develop.

That's kind of my thinking, too.   I would say 6-10 wins, depending on how players develop, injuries at key positions, funny bounces, good or bad breaks, bad calls by the refs, going for it on 4th down, and turnovers.   T J Yeldon becomes Emmitt Smith- 10 wins.   T J Yeldon becomes a turnover machine- 6 wins.   Dante Fowler wins rookie of the year- 10 wins.   Dante Fowler is clueless- 6 wins.    Last year's rookie receivers develop: 10 wins.   Lose all our WRs for the season in week 1: 6 wins.  

I like seeing the Jaguars draft players from big schools where they had to compete for their starting spot. It was a predictable draft.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

it's fun to hear the Jags had a good draft but this team is still a way a ways.  If the rookies make big strides this year then maybe but I still see a 5 win team

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

I think 7-9 wins is a reasonable expectation. The team had a terrific draft and signed half a dozen starters in free agency. Show me.

;

;

Waiting on Yo Boy who seems to have gotten lost
Blakes Life Matters

5 to 6  wins.

We're still 1 year away from player development of this young roster.

8 wins in 2016

10 wins in 2017

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2015, 10:53 AM by snowwolf776.)

Wink  Wink  worst team ever in football,first one to complete a 0-20 season ever.   Just kidding im happy,and in a jokeing mood lately.  Laughing  Laughing

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:This draft doesn't change my prediction of 5 or 6 wins...With some serious luck maybe hitting 7...mainly because historically draft classes don't come in and make major impacts on the win/loss column.
I had 'predicted' not more than 6 wins myself, and while I think we had a pretty good draft it doesn't change my outlook significantly. Vegas had made a 'pre-draft' prediction of 5.5 wins; so I"m guessing that, given that we've had two seasons now of what many have considered the best draft picks in the NFL, that will change to 6. But so much of what will happen depends on factors that none of us can predict; like how soon can Marks come back from his injury and will he still be able to perform at the same level? issues like that. Some posters on here have said that it's unlikely that Marks will be able to come back with the same degree of impact he had given his age and weight. I consider this reasoning logical and can't fault it... I just hope that it nevertheless turns out to be wrong.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

this is what im looking at offensively minus bortles.

weapons last year-

CS3-meh vet 

AR15- 1st year rookie who was injured in camp

Lee-1st year rookie who was coming off and injury

Lewis- yeah... i guess a good blocker... sometimes

Toby- maybe dave's worst move to date.

Drob-showed promise but wasnt good a blocking in the back field

couple that with a terribad line and its not much of a mystery why our offense sucked last year.

This years weapons-

AR15- 2nd year and should be pretty healthy coming into the year

Lee- 2nd year and should be fully recoverd from any lingering injuries last year.

Rashad Greene- great pick but its still his first year

Julius Thomas- one of the best TE's in the league

Yeldon- not my choice pick but should be better than almost everything we have.

Drob- full season to to work on his game i expect he will return ready to fight for his job.

toby/pierce- could be potentially strong FB's which we havent had since greg jones.

and a line that has been bolstered with FA's and a great 3rd round pick in Cann

honestly ill take where we are now every day of the week from where we were last year... BB didnt look terrible last year, i remember not seeing as many 3 and outs or check downs on 3rd and long which was my main complaint with our offense with henne and gabbs... now he has alot more talent,protection and year in the NFL under his belt... i honestly dont feel like you can put a ceiling on where BB can go from this point ... dave is a monster in the offseason and im hoping things are finally going to translate to wins.

.500, to me, is very reasonable even considering our schedule.

Gawd I hope so. 6-10 is the most realistic, its depressing how long its been since we've sniffed a record like that

Quote:I feel this roster has improved more than this and will be pushing .500 all season. I'm saying 6 wins minimum and probably 7 to 9 as in within one game of .500. One more season of improvement like this and we should be expecting a Playoff contender in 2016.

Wasn't that the plan all along? 3-4 years. This is year 3
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:5 to 6  wins.

We're still 1 year away from player development of this young roster.

8 wins in 2016

10 wins in 2017

Pretty much agree. Or I've gotten to where I don't want to get my hopes up. But you are correct, they're so young pretty much all over the offense. Lots of new starters again, which is great, but again lack of consistency with new offense, rookies, etc

I would be satisfied with 6/7 wins and the look of being competitive. Pre-season will be interesting to look at how our depth fares against other teams second/third string

I said 7 wins prior to the draft.  I still say 7 wins. 

It was a good draft - but my prediction of 7 wins accounted for the draft producing two contributors.