Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the draft now over, does everyone still feel like this team is a sub .500 team heading into the 2015 season?

Quote:The depth and talent along the offensive line alone is reason for optimism.

I have a dinner wager with a Bills fan who asserts the Jaguars will once again lead the league in sacks allowed.

I see no way that happens with the new guys on the team, with a new OL coach, a new offense with a coordinator that stresses protection, an experienced QB and experienced receivers, and a new RB.

I can see 3-4 starters coming out of this draft by midseason at the latest.

Fowler

Yeldon

Cann

Sample

With at least three other contributors

Koyack

Bennett

Greene

What about that Sterling kid? Intriguing
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I feel like we went 8-0 in the draft but the Jaguars winning often still sounds like a foreign language. I'm sure we'll be sub .500 but not a 3 or 4 win team. I don't think the fan base can stomach that. I think we're a 5-7 win team with the schedule we have this year.

No pain, no gain.

The LB core is good with Skuta as OTTO, POZ as MIKE and Weak side Telvin Smith (the depth behind them could improve), but my worry is still with DBs especially FS... hopefully FS Sergio Brown will play better than expected.

Not to mention if Fowler Jr plays as good as we all hope (or how Madden 15 has him at which I love playing with him because I get the QB almost every other time) with Chris Clemons playing as good if not better than last year when in rotation that is scary thought at LEO (not ot mention Branch too)...

Odrick hopefully plays as good as he once had at DE with Tyson Alualu helping him out on run plays... Marks, Miller, and Bennett the line basically wont skip a beat with the rotation of players...

Which player would you want to go against if you were a QB Chris Clemons or Dante Fowler Jr?

I have more doubts on Offense than Defense, will Yeldon play as good as we all hope (and if not) will D-Rob play as good if not better than he did towards the end of the season?  How good will TE Thomas be with the Jaguars, can Lewis step his game now that he's been bumped down?  Will the new FA RT, and drafted Guard step up to improve the Oline or will LT Luke Jokestill just let them run by him?

I dont see how the team doesnt go .500 and if they dont I dont see how Gus could retain his job..

Quote:You sound like one of them motivational posters hangin on the wall of some sales office..

<Matt Foley>

I feel this is the time of year a lot of people including me got optimistic last year

I think around 8-8 is the minimum should be expected for Bradley to keep his job

I have no idea what our record will actually be but bortles development will be the centre of it

Were not going to win over 8 games till a true number 1 receiver emerges. Robinson,Lee,Hurns have flashed. But need less injuries and more consistency for one of the three to jump to the next level.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Jags will go as far as Bortles can take them. If he elevates his game to a new level, we can be a playoff team. A strong defense and running game will only go so far, and if Bortles plays as he did last season or for some reason regresses we will be a 4-5 win team. 

I don't see Gus being on the 'hot seat' if we don't reach 8-8 this season; I think that would be great if we did, but 8-8, while 'possible' is still a bit of a reach. I would suggest however that breaking at least 8-8 in the 2016 season should be the benchmark next year. I think if we can turn in at least a 6 win season, then Gus is okay; if we can't even reach a paltry 6 wins this year after two seasons of excellent drafting and free agent acquisition, then Gus deserves to be on the hot seat.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

The roster is much more talented then it was a couple of years ago but they are still building with youth.  We may be just as young next year as last year (assuming all the rookies make the team) and we'll have a new offensive coordinator.  With that said, we should still win more games next year and .500 could be possible although things will have to fall right.  I think 2016 is the year we're playoff contenders though.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:I don't see Gus being on the 'hot seat' if we don't reach 8-8 this season; I think that would be great if we did, but 8-8, while 'possible' is still a bit of a reach. I would suggest however that breaking at least 8-8 in the 2016 season should be the benchmark next year. I think if we can turn in at least a 6 win season, then Gus is okay; if we can't even reach a paltry 6 wins this year after two seasons of excellent drafting and free agent acquisition, then Gus deserves to be on the hot seat.

You sir have the patience of a saint. If we're only at 6 wins in year 3 of a rebuild and hoping for 8 wins in year 4 I'm rioting.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:You sir have the patience of a saint. If we're only at 6 wins in year 3 of a rebuild and hoping for 8 wins in year 4 I'm rioting.
Perhaps.... or I've just witnessed so many beat downs on the Jags that my expectations have been... tempered.

Quote:You sir have the patience of a saint. If we're only at 6 wins in year 3 of a rebuild and hoping for 8 wins in year 4 I'm rioting.

Don't be a thug. :-)

But your opinion on this really doesn't matter. Whether Gus is on the hot seat is pretty much entirely up to Shad Kahn.

Quote:But your opinion on this really doesn't matter. Whether Gus is on the hot seat is pretty much entirely up to Shad Kahn.

I don't think he's truly on any hot seat unless they have another year like the last two. I guess that's possible, but I just can't see that happening. However, year four (should there be one) would be pretty toasty.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I still think 6 or 7 wins is realistic. There's a lot of intriguing young talent on this team, but it will take a bit of time for them to develop. 2016 could be the year where some of the 2nd, and especially the 3rd and 4th year players take their games to another level.

Of course, Blake Bortles is the ultimate game changer in all of this. If he takes a big step this season then the time frame for success will be fast tracked. If he doesn't, then there could be a delay.

Quote:But your opinion on this really doesn't matter. Whether Gus is on the hot seat is pretty much entirely up to Shad Kahn.
Obviously...

It all comes down to Blake at this point.  I'm thinking he takes a step and we end up a very gratifying 7-9.

So far I really like the approach that the F.O. is taking.  They are being patient and methodical.  I see this team being around the .500 mark at the end of the season.  Of course, above the mark would be wonderful, and below should not be by more than 1 or 2 games.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

It wouldnt surprise me to see y'all go 8-8 next year.

All I know is the AFCS  is getting a whole lot more interesting than it was in previous years,and I fully expect you guys to beat out the tacks and give the Texans a real run for their money.

I just hope the Texans D with our unknown QB situation is enough to offset the influx of high end QBs in the division.

Quote:I don't see Gus being on the 'hot seat' if we don't reach 8-8 this season; I think that would be great if we did, but 8-8, while 'possible' is still a bit of a reach. I would suggest however that breaking at least 8-8 in the 2016 season should be the benchmark next year. I think if we can turn in at least a 6 win season, then Gus is okay; if we can't even reach a paltry 6 wins this year after two seasons of excellent drafting and free agent acquisition, then Gus deserves to be on the hot seat.

Agree.  Less than 6 wins, and it's time to start asking: Is Gus the right guy?  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke.