Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Happens With Toby?

Yeldon automatically is the starter, period. Denard is our change of pace guy. You have Toby, Pierce and Storm fighting for two spots? Or is Toby the Fullback? I said last year he should of been a fullback. Or maybe we draft a fullback later in the draft. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We're going into the season with no real fullback. Toby can fill in that role and also as an H-back.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I believe Toby and Pierce will be used at FB more often than as RB's. I agree that they should have used him as a fullback already. He  basically is a full back.

Here's where it gets crazy: I think there is a chance we draft another RB and I'm guessing 2 or 3 come in as UDFAs.

He will be on the roster. A reduced role for sure but could be similar in Olsen's offense to what Marcel Reese was in Oakland.

;

;

Quote:I believe Toby and Pierce will be used at FB more often than as RB's. I agree that they should have used him as a fullback already. He  basically is a full back.
If you watch Toby, he does not have the speed in a 3 step drop back for a RB, he is noticed by the time the ball is snapped, he has no speed. Its easy for defenders to smell him out, because they know what he's going to do. He uses his size as his strength but its not enough as defenders are already in the backfield by the time he has the ball. If he was a fullback, it would be easier for him to get yards in a 1 step drop. Kinda catch the defenders off balance. 

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2015, 10:15 AM by imtheblkranger.)

Quote:Here's where it gets crazy: I think there is a chance we draft another RB and I'm guessing 2 or 3 come in as UDFAs.

Would be funny if we draft Ajayi in the 4th or 5th today. This board would lose it
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNe7x13q2MU

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Storm to the practice squad and Pierce is a camp body..

Yeldon

DRob

Toby
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Toby= Full Back

H-Back

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Dave said they aren't carrying a FB this year so they expect to keep 5-6 backs on the roster. I would imagine Gerhart will get some FB/H-Back duty sprinkled in with some 3rd down back touches.

Depth player.  If we were in cap trouble he'd be cut, but since we have to spend the $$$, no reason not to keep him on the roster. 

Short yardage situations ONLY!

[Image: 200.gif] ADIOS!!

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Toby's role will change to that of an H-back/situational fullback.

Jaxson DeVille Mascot

Quote:Here's where it gets crazy: I think there is a chance we draft another RB and I'm guessing 2 or 3 come in as UDFAs.
we haven't seen position depth and flexibility like this since... um... well i dont think im old enough to remember when.

Quote:Yeldon automatically is the starter, period. Denard is our change of pace guy. You have Toby, Pierce and Storm fighting for two spots? Or is Toby the Fullback? I said last year he should of been a fullback. Or maybe we draft a fullback later in the draft. 
Slowby might go to FB team doesnt have a clear one unless Yeldon will do that with Shoelace as the hB?

When looking at a potential depth chart at the RB position, and considering how Caldwell is saying we probably keep 5 RBs since there's no longer a FB position, I'm wondering who those five will be. Now the easy answer might be Yeldon, DRob, Gerhart, Pierce and Storm with Corey Grant possibly on the Practice Squad. However, I suspect the team might covet Grant's speed enough to keep him on the roster, and if they do, it's a tough call on who do you cut. I think they like how Storm is young and might develop into something special, so I imagine they'd turn their attention to the two veteran bruisers. It could very well come down to a choice between keeping Toby Gerhart or Bernard Pierce while letting the other walk. Who would you keep and why?

'02