Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Happens With Toby?

I'm leaning towards Toby.. He was limited with injury last season and could still pose useful considering how limited he's been used the last small handful of seasons.. I'd be surprised if Pierce is still on the roster come cut down time..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pierce is gone unless Yeldon completely fails.

Can't wait to see whats next. 

I was kind of disappointed we passed on Aaron Ripkowski, he looked like a true fullback, and I thought our FB play was horrible last season 

Quote:I was kind of disappointed we passed on Aaron Ripkowski, he looked like a true fullback, and I thought our FB play was horrible last season

We're getting away from the fullback concept. We've entered the modern NFL.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

TOBY. Pierce is awful.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2015, 08:49 PM by ATLjag.)

I seem to remember that Pierce was beat out by Forsett, a back that the Jags let go.  Pierce was then let go by the Ravens.  In my mind, especially with the drafting of another big back in Yeldon, Pierce would be cut loose before Gerhart.  Pierce is not good.  

I feel like Pierce was a contingency, kick-the-tires type signing in case we couldn't land a guy in the draft.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I think Gerhart is safe, I believe the battle will be Storm vs Pierce.

I think Pierce becomes expendable. I'll definitely be interested to see what a healthy Toby looks like.

It's gonna be Storm and Pierce fighting for a spot. Toby is safe this year.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Doesn't Bernard Pierce have character flaws? I don't remember what he did last year in his time with baltimore, but he was no better than Gerhart. He didn't take advantage of the Ray Rice fiasco. In fact, he blew the opportunity by fumbling. I don't expect him to make the roster.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Doesn't Bernard Pierce have character flaws?
He was picked up for DUI.

Gerhart isn't going anywhere this year. Caldwell's already discussed the H-back sort of role they have him penciled in for. The battle for the last spot will be between Pierce and Storm, with Grant being a likely practice squad candidate.

Quote:We're getting away from the fullback concept. We've entered the modern NFL.

Thank God.

Pierce or Storm are doing to be the odd man out, but Storm may survive on the practice squad.

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
;

;

It's Denard, Yeldon, Storm, Pierce and Toby at "FB". I honestly think we'll keep them all. Gotta be real here, a few of them are going to get hurt for a couple weeks or a few quarters. Just like with every position in the NFL. 

Toby will probably stay.  You have to also remember - this team isn't just going to give up on any of their draft picks or high $$ free agents.  The first ones to get cut are players from the previous regime or waiver wire pickups.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Yeldon, Drob, Pierce, Toby, Storm...

All on the roster day 1

With no FB

We carried 4 RBs and a FB last season, no?

5 RBs

Quote:We're getting away from the fullback concept. We've entered the modern NFL.

Meanwhile Tennessee drafts one in the fourth round...

;

;

Who the hell am I supposed to set as FB in Madden now? Caldwell needs to THINK about these things.

Quote:Meanwhile Tennessee drafts one in the fourth round...
I believe GB drafted one as well...

different strokes for different folks...

I imagine if we could get our hands on a John Kuhn type of full back we might use one. Then again, maybe Olson's playbook just doesn't have a spot for one...

I think this means the short passing game will be a lot of our "run game" with guys like Drob and Gerhart, and the hard nose stuff with be TJ and Bernard.

I think at this point storm is relegated to injury back