Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will the following 5 be able to make the team in 2017?

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2017, 12:46 AM by wg171.)

- Chris Smith

- Michael Bennett

- Rashad Greene

- Chris Reed

- Josh Wells (RFA)

Thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No

Hopefully

Hopefully not

Probably

No

No

Maybe

Probably not

Maybe

Maybe

A lot depends on FA and the draft. But with better coaching you never know.

who?

who?

maybe because I kind of know him... he once did punts right?

who?

who?

Quote:- Chris Smith

- Michael Bennett

- Rashad Greene

- Chris Reed

- Josh Wells (RFA)

Thoughts?

Substitute those players for these.

Marcedes Lewis

Jared Odrick

Roy Miller

Davon House

Luke Joekel

Hope not

Hope not

Hope not

Hope not

Hope not

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Why are we down on Rashad Greene? I don't think we've seen what he can do yet. There isn't a player that can beat him out for the fifth spot on the roster. Maybe I'm just afraid of the days of Mike Thomas and Jason Hill.

Quote:Why are we down on Rashad Greene? I don't think we've seen what he can do yet. There isn't a player that can beat him out for the fifth spot on the roster. Maybe I'm just afraid of the days of Mike Thomas and Jason Hill.
The muffed punts are concerning

Chris Smith: No

Bennett: No unless they cut Odrick, Marks and Miller and let Abry Jones walk which I don't think will happen. And if we draft one among Allen-Thomas he's most definitely gone. He was unlucky with injuries.

Rashad Greene: hopefully not, he's not good enough, as a receiver never stood out, drops were a problem. Was great on ST the first year, this year...terrible.

Reed: maybe, depends on who they bring in during FA 

Wells: gone.

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2017, 07:55 AM by wg171.)

Quote:Substitute those players for these.

Marcedes Lewis

Jared Odrick

Roy Miller

Davon House

Luke Joekel
I think this is a good list to consider as well

Just have to be careful and remember that every player lost has to somehow be replaced. An example where this would kinda not apply is if the team cuts Henne and keeps a third QB on the practice squad

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2017, 08:25 AM by Caldrac.)

- Michael Bennett

- Rashad Greene

- Chris Reed

- Josh Wells (RFA)

Thoughts?

Smith and Bennett are at risk since we'll have another class coming in. Sheldon Day from last year could push Bennett off the roster. Smith could get edged out by that guy we drafted out of Montana or Wyoming last year or a few new faces brought in a few months. 

Greene I think is still safe until 2018. Right now he's probably among the core five at receiver. Robinson - Lee - Hurns - Walters - himself. Benn could push him though. Or a newcomer. 

Reed and Wells I think make it until training camp. Marrone being an offensive line minded coach I think he'll keep as many as he can until he needs to get thinner. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I would like to see Greene play punt and KO return. He's small and quick, but the QB is too inaccurate for him to be of any use at WR. His arms would need to be 6 feet long.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2017, 09:26 AM by JackCity.)

I'd give Greene another chance as PR this season.

I refuse to judge any player that was plauged with the previous staff. I'll wait until preseason to really see.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

People forget: Rashad Greene was a great punt-returner for us in 2015. Not sure what happened in 2016. But I think he'll have every opportunity to make the team, and I think he will.

Chris Smith ...no. A new edge roster will displace him.
Michael Bennett ...maybe. With Odrick and Alualu possibly out, a spot may exist.
Rashad Greene ...no. Last year was bad for Rashad.
Chris Reed ...no. Coughlin will be improving the interior.
Josh Wells ...maybe. Valuable swing tackle backup for gameday actives when healthy. 

Greene is great in special teams. It is easy to see fumbles and drops. But people forget the return tds and great field postition.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Smith is going to have a tough time making it.

Bennett's spot depends on the draft, but he's got a good chance to stick.

Greene will get one more camp to get over the muffs.

Reed seems like solid depth.

Wells probably is a late cut casualty unless players above him get injured in the preseason. 

Lewis is only due 4.25 mil in 2017 and will probably stick unless he isn't healthy when the final round of cuts come around.

Odrick  - just  depends on how they tweak the scheme and how much they still value the "big end."

Miller - when healthy is the best pure nose tackle on the team. He's fine unless the docs say otherwise. 

Davon House - Only way he sticks is if they don't sign Amukamara, another FA of note, or draft a guy prior to the fourth. If they they do any of those things, I don't think he sticks. 

Joeckel - No clue. He has a longshot chance since the new HC is an O-Line guy and seems to like him.  He'd have to get paid like a back-up guard though. If someone gives him tackle money - he's gone. 

- Michael Bennett

- Rashad Greene

- Chris Reed

- Josh Wells (RFA)

Thoughts?
Smith?  Maybe. Perhaps Wash, Marrone, or TC will view him more favorably than Bradley.  Perhaps if the team de-emphasizes the big DE, Smith has a better shot.  But if the team brings in a FA DE, or Allen/Garrett in rd 1, then he is likely toast.

Bennett is clearly on the bubble.  If the team jettisons Odrick, Alualu and/or Marks, perhaps he sticks. 

Greene will depend on how he recovers from the injury.

I think Reed and Wells are gone.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!