Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will the following 5 be able to make the team in 2017?

Of all these names, the one I do see sticking around a while is Josh Wells. You don't write off guys capable of playing LT that quickly, and my gut feeling is that Joekel walks in free agency.

The other names are all bubble players who will have to beat out somebody to stick.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Nice topic

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">My awful guesses...

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Smith - no

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Bennett - no

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Greene - yes

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Reed - no

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Wells - yes

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Lewis - yes

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Odrick - yes

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Miller - yes

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Davon House - no

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Joeckel - yes

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I think Joeckel makes this team on a lowball guard contract.  I don't see outside interest in him.  That assuming he's ready to play.  If he's not 100% ready I see no reason to play wait and see.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I don't know why but I am a huge fan of Greene.

I've always liked Chris Smith. He's a role player, but he seems to make the most of his limited playing time, at least in regard to sacks.

Quote:Why are we down on Rashad Greene? I don't think we've seen what he can do yet. There isn't a player that can beat him out for the fifth spot on the roster. Maybe I'm just afraid of the days of Mike Thomas and Jason Hill.

oh god that brought up some bad memories. I forgot how awful that was.

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Quote:<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I think Joeckel makes this team on a lowball guard contract.  I don't see outside interest in him.  That assuming he's ready to play.  If he's not 100% ready I see no reason to play wait and see.

I think it's unlikely Joekel will get a lowball contract, just because another NFL team will convince themselves that they can "fix" an OLmen that was drafted so high (despite the film.)

Quote:Why are we down on Rashad Greene? I don't think we've seen what he can do yet. There isn't a player that can beat him out for the fifth spot on the roster. Maybe I'm just afraid of the days of Mike Thomas and Jason Hill.

Conversely, why were some people so high on him last offseason? Calling for Lee's head and pencilling Greene for the 3rd WR. It's amazing how much things can change in a year and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Makes you wonder how things will be different with this team going into the 2018 season.

Quote:Conversely, why were some people so high on him last offseason? Calling for Lee's head and pencilling Greene for the 3rd WR. It's amazing how much things can change in a year and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Makes you wonder how things will be different with this team going into the 2018 season.

Because after the first game he was the leader in receptions. Then he came back with those punt returns. And he went to FSU.

Rashad Greene has been disappointing. Huge chance he gets cut

Quote:Rashad Greene has been disappointing. Huge chance he gets cut

Young player in a rookie contract that costs the team next to nothing and flashed as a quality return guy. 

I doubt they give up so quickly.  Now - if he's muffing punts and dropping passes in July/August.... different story. 

Quote:Young player in a rookie contract that costs the team next to nothing and flashed as a quality return guy.

I doubt they give up so quickly. Now - if he's muffing punts and dropping passes in July/August.... different story.

Completely agree. If Greene is our 4th or 5th best WR, then we're in good shape.

No

No

Hopefully not

No

I'd be OK with it