Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pete Carroll on Jags picking Dante Fowler Jr

After the Jags took Fowler Jr Pete Carroll texted Gus saying "Awesome pick Gus !". Caldwell also received texts from his former colleagues one of which said "You just got the best player in the draft."

I would post the pic, but idk how to.
-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well Im glad the NFL thinks higher of Fowler than draftnicks do. I just dont see it. 

But I thought Leonard Williams was the consensus best player in the draft? I thought he was a lock to go in the top 5?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Well Im glad the NFL thinks higher of Fowler than draftnicks do. I just dont see it. 

What draftniks? I saw Mayock, Daniel Jeremiah and McShay rave about the guy.

;

;

its hard to not love leonard williams, but if they had fowler and williams rated really closely, fowler is the position of more need and more impact. im 100% happy with the pick and its nice to see some high profile guys rave about him. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:What draftniks? I saw Mayock, Daniel Jeremiah and McShay rave about the guy.

Yep, most guys had him rated as the best pass rusher in the draft.

Quote:Yep, most guys had him rated as the best pass rusher in the draft.

I am guessing he is talking about some wannabe with a thousand Twitter followers that wanted Dupree at 3.

;

;

Quote:I am guessing he is talking about some wannabe with a thousand Twitter followers that wanted Dupree at 3.
Or Beasley.

Probably wants us to use our 2nd on Jay Ajayja

What the hell do NFL coaches know...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Was this really worth a new thread? Could it not have been posted in the "Jaguars select fowler" thread that doesn't capitalize his last name and is 22 pages long?

Good for Pete Carrol. I wonder if Gus texted him in February and told him "Awesome job throwing it from the 1 instead of giving it to Beast Mode".

J/K. I love the pick.

Quote:What draftniks? I saw Mayock, Daniel Jeremiah and McShay rave about the guy.

Pretty sure Jeremiah tweeted that we got his favorite player in the draft even.

Who are your sauces?

Sauces are overrated. Rubs are where it's at..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Any idea what the homeless guy who picked Manziel thinks about it?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I love the wait is not long for Fowler! I see a good job from Folwer in the new season!

If Fowler is a DROY type player, our defense could be brutal this season.

Seahawk fans said he has Seahawk written all over him. I'm feeling better about the Fowler pick.

Quote:Seahawk fans said he has Seahawk written all over him. I'm feeling better about the Fowler pick.

Now that is a true compliment, to be called a Seattle type of player.

You can't help but feel better about the pick after hearing that.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:But I thought Leonard Williams was the consensus best player in the draft? I thought he was a lock to go in the top 5?
Every team doesnt have the same board, almost every top player list had Williams and Fowler in the top 5, so its a great pick

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:After the Jags took Fowler Jr Pete Carroll texted Gus saying "Awesome pick Gus !". Caldwell also received texts from his former colleagues one of which said "You just got the best player in the draft."

I would post the pic, but idk how to.
Clearly someone didn't bother to get feedback from the message board GMs. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]