Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The "Tolerant And Inclusive" liberal left Strikes Again. Terrorizes 6th Grader.

Gavin DeVos is a typical 6th grade school student. He woke up and prepared himself for a typical school day. However, this day would be different. It was different because he put on his prized "Make America Great Again" hat. He went to the bus stop and waited for the bus to come and board. Once he did board, he was besieged by a group of vermin punks who taunted him for his hat and his love of President Trump. They shouted at him about "the wall" and mercilessly beat this peaceful child like a pack of rabid dogs.

All was captured on video, and punishments were handed down. All of the soulless attackers were suspended. But the real travesty is that Gavin was also suspended 4 days from school for "participating in an act of violence".......

I would love to hear one of these wacko school administrators explain how being beaten mercilessly is participating in an act of violence.

This is a prime example of how society is breaking down at it's most fundamental levels.

If I were Gavin, I would continue to wear my Make America Great Again hat proudly. If any uncivilized thugs infringed upon my right to live and live in peace, I would use up to and including deadly force to protect myself. It's pretty clear that the school isn't going to do anything about it.

And to the parents: SUE, SUE, SUE! That school is liable for the injuries and emotional distress that were inflicted on poor Gavin.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/06/st...-again-hat

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Liberal parenting bearing it's sour rotten fruit.. It's really not surprising at all. I remember seeing pics from the women's march on Washington where parents were having the kids hold signs up with some pretty vulgar language. These kids looked like they were 8 or younger.

Maybe we should rethink the whole abortion debate and let these libs abort themselves right into oblivion..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

A couple of things that are despicable about this.

First and foremost, the attacking kids learned their behavior from somewhere, quite possibly social media or the parents.

Second, the school district is sending the wrong message and teaching this 12 year old the wrong thing.  There is nothing wrong with him defending himself for exercising his freedom of expression.  He was attacked and defended himself.  He should not be punished for that.  It's just another example of the failure of government schools.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:A couple of things that are despicable about this.

First and foremost, the attacking kids learned their behavior from somewhere, quite possibly social media or the parents.

Second, the school district is sending the wrong message and teaching this 12 year old the wrong thing. There is nothing wrong with him defending himself for exercising his freedom of expression. He was attacked and defended himself. He should not be punished for that. It's just another example of the failure of government schools.

Yeh, but i bet his biology teacher... Nevermind.

Quote:Yeh, but i bet his biology teacher... Nevermind.

You weren't on the wrong track with your comment.  It is possible that the kids attacking the Trump supporter learned it from one of their teachers indoctrinaters.

What should be shocking to people is why would 12 year old children gang up and be violent towards another 12 year old child simply for what he is wearing?  What exactly does that accomplish or prove?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:You weren't on the wrong track with your comment. It is possible that the kids attacking the Trump supporter learned it from one of their <del>teachers</del> indoctrinaters.

What should be shocking to people is why would 12 year old children gang up and be violent towards another 12 year old child simply for what he is wearing? What exactly does that accomplish or prove?
They're 12. They're children. They do stuff all the time without thinking.

What they did is disgusting and happens all over the country, sadly. Kids get picked on for wearing sneakers that are worn out, the wrong brand or the wrong style. They most likely didn't hear it from their teachers but their parents. Parents have way more sway than teachers do.

The kid who got beat up shouldn't be suspended and I have never agreed with that thought. It's dumb and the school I work at doesn't hold that same principle.

Quote:They're 12. They're children. They do stuff all the time without thinking.

What they did is disgusting and happens all over the country, sadly. Kids get picked on for wearing sneakers that are worn out, the wrong brand or the wrong style. They most likely didn't hear it from their teachers but their parents. Parents have way more sway than teachers do.

The kid who got beat up shouldn't be suspended and I have never agreed with that thought. It's dumb and the school I work at doesn't hold that same principle.

QFT. I don't understand the policy either, but it's the way it's been for some time now. Throw a punch and you're punished. I tell my students that I would find it difficult to tell my own child to just take a beating, so I don't blame them for defending themselves. I tell them they should campaign to change it.

It sounds like the school did something about it--the kids are gone for a while. What do you expect them to do?

Teachers are not the problem. Poverty and the destruction of the family are.

Quote:QFT. I don't understand the policy either, but it's the way it's been for some time now. 

It's a case of conditioning children to be good little drones, the message is:

#1 - You may not act in your individual best interest

#2 - You must depend on the authority to protect you

#3 - The use of violence for personal defense is forbidden

All three are required for the Left to be socially acceptable, so it's no wonder that government schools require all three. Any disabuse of those notions leads to people potentially living their lives free from the oversight the government and Left so desperately want to maintain.

The expectation of the schools is that we do not punish a victim for refusing to passively accept victimhood.

And teachers are not always the problem but frequently are the instrument of the problem, the lefties who run the institutions. Sometimes they agree, sometimes they comply out of self preservation.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:It's a case of conditioning children to be good little drones, the message is:

#1 - You may not act in your individual best interest

#2 - You must depend on the authority to protect you

#3 - The use of violence for personal defense is forbidden

All three are required for the Left to be socially acceptable, so it's no wonder that government schools require all three. Any disabuse of those notions leads to people potentially living their lives free from the oversight the government and Left so desperately want to maintain.

The expectation of the schools is that we do not punish a victim for refusing to passively accept victimhood.

And teachers are not always the problem but frequently are the instrument of the problem, the lefties who run the institutions. Sometimes they agree, sometimes they comply out of self preservation.
This is absolutely not true. Although there are a few bad apple teachers out there, the vast majority don't try to push their agendas on children. I see it first hand every day. The majority of teachers at my school and in my county are just trying to create a safe and healthy environment for all kids. Teaching is far more difficult than a lot of people on this board tend to think. 

Kids do stupid stuff all the time because.... They're kids. I had a kick smack another kid because he took a pencil and stabbed all his chicken nuggets at lunch like a kabob. Teachers are not the "instrument of the problem" and you should be pointing the finger at the parents. If a kid gets a bad grade, the blame is almost always appointed to the teacher. 

What those kids did on that bus is terrible. No kid should have to go through that but to place any blame on the teachers is just flat out wrong. 

Bullying as whole has nothing to do with the left or right...but you guys already know that...

Kids shouldn't be involved in politics so young. IMO. Kids should be kids.

I didn't get two flips who the POTUS was when I was in 6th grade.

I was just trying to get the newest Power Ranger toy and trying to get Carla Campbell to like me...

Stupid kids. Bad parents. Stupid schools.... BUT

I wouldn't let my kid go to school with a Trump hat on. SMH

Quote:Kids shouldn't be involved in politics so young. IMO. Kids should be kids.

I didn't get two flips who the POTUS was when I was in 6th grade.

I was just trying to get the newest Power Ranger toy and trying to get Carla Campbell to like me...

Stupid kids. Bad parents. Stupid schools.... BUT

I wouldn't let my kid go to school with a Trump hat on. SMH
For me it was Ninja Turtles but same concept.

Times were simpler then. Kids now are able to see, read and hear anything with the push of a button. I can tell you first hand that the kids in 5th grade know WAY more about certain things than I knew as a high school freshman.

Quote:This is absolutely not true. Although there are a few bad apple teachers out there, the vast majority don't try to push their agendas on children. I see it first hand every day. The majority of teachers at my school and in my county are just trying to create a safe and healthy environment for all kids. Teaching is far more difficult than a lot of people on this board tend to think. 

Kids do stupid stuff all the time because.... They're kids. I had a kick smack another kid because he took a pencil and stabbed all his chicken nuggets at lunch like a kabob. Teachers are not the "instrument of the problem" and you should be pointing the finger at the parents. If a kid gets a bad grade, the blame is almost always appointed to the teacher. 

What those kids did on that bus is terrible. No kid should have to go through that but to place any blame on the teachers is just flat out wrong. 

I'm not placing the blame on the teachers, I'm blaming the administration. Suspending that kid is wrong no matter how you parse it. 

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I'm not placing the blame on the teachers, I'm blaming the administration. Suspending that kid is wrong no matter how you parse it.

My guess is there more to the story than that little snippet.

Quote:For me it was Ninja Turtles but same concept.

Times were simpler then. Kids now are able to see, read and hear anything with the push of a button. I can tell you first hand that the kids in 5th grade know WAY more about certain things than I knew as a high school freshman.
True that....

back in 6th grade I had to ask permission to use the internet, then make sure no one had to use the phone for awhile, then wait about 15 minutes to connect.

I sure wasn't wasting that energy looking up news about Bill Clinton haha

And my parents, for all they did wrong, never brought me in the middle of any of that nonsense.

Heck... I don't remember ANY political ads as a kid... Now they're everywhere all the time... not just election years.

This is straight Muslim... that is, it's just like the command under Sharia Law that a woman should also be lashed if she's guilty of being raped.

'02

Quote:This is straight Muslim... that is, it's just like the command under Sharia Law that a woman should also be lashed if she's guilty of being raped.

Would you like another fruit to use now that you've compared apples to oranges?

Quote:Bullying as whole has nothing to do with the left or right...but you guys already know that...

In this case, it had everything to do with it.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:In this case, it had everything to do with it.

Nah its more so just kids picking on someone for being different. The fact that it was due to a trump hat has very little to do with why it happened.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2017, 12:12 PM by Bchbunnie4.)

Quote:Nah its more so just kids picking on someone for being different. The fact that it was due to a trump hat has very little to do with why it happened.
You really think so?

Naive or stupid?

In cellphone video of the incident obtained by <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.kmov.com/story/34424524/middle-school-student-attacked-on-bus-for-wearing-make-america-great-again-hat'>News 4</a>, students en route to their Parkway school can be heard arguing with the 12-year-old over his “Make America Great Again” hat and some of Trump’s proposed plans.

“You want to build a wall?” one student yells in the clip. “You want to build a [BAD WORD REMOVED] wall?”

Kids picking on a kid because he was a Trump supporter.

The kid should have said "hell yeah I want a wall and you and your slug buddies on the other side"