Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Titans and Browns trade offer

Browns offer Titans both first round picks to Titans for their 2nd pick to select Mariota

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Have they given up on 1st rd pick Johnny Football already?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I think most of the Titans are planning on Mariota being the pick, according to their local sportswriter.

Johnny who?

If you look at draft value boards, that's not really a good offer.  They'd have to sweeten the pot with something like their 2nd round picks this year and next to really make that a good deal. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Kuharsky says this report is false based on his TEN source

Am I the only one that doesn't have much interest in picks 12 and 19?  Particularly 19 based on how I view the talent likely available in that range of the first.  I think there is better value in day 2 picks than pick 19.  

I'd rather have 12 (even iffy on that) plus a bundle of day two picks this year and next and/or their first next year.

Quote:If you look at draft value boards, that's not really a good offer.  They'd have to sweeten the pot with something like their 2nd round picks this year and next to really make that a good deal. 
Teams don't go by that but i do agree they should get at least another 2nd or 3rd

Quote:Am I the only one that doesn't have much interest in picks 12 and 19?  Particularly 19 based on how I view the talent likely available in that range of the first.  I think there is better value in day 2 picks than pick 19.  

I'd rather have 12 (even iffy on that) plus a bundle of day two picks this year and next and/or their first next year.
Agree, if i knew Gurley would be there at 12 I would do it but its likely he could go to the Jets, Giants, or Vikings.  I would just rather take Cooper

Quote:Teams don't go by that but i do agree they should get at least another 2nd or 3rd
I understand it's not an exact process, but it does present some form of a guideline for the value of picks, and what Cleveland was rumored to be offering wasn't good enough to jump up to #2. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Am I the only one that doesn't have much interest in picks 12 and 19?  Particularly 19 based on how I view the talent likely available in that range of the first.  I think there is better value in day 2 picks than pick 19.  

If there was a trade offer on the table, I'd be reluctant to get out of #3 for anything that took the team out of the top 10, and the bundle of picks would have to be worthwhile.

Quote:If there was a trade offer on the table, I'd be reluctant to get out of #3 for anything that took the team out of the top 10, and the bundle of picks would have to be worthwhile.

This is how I see it too.  It would take three 1st round picks for me plus some day 2 picks.  It would have to be an offer I couldn't refuse, otherwise I'm staying put.  When it's for your franchise QB, you pony up for him. If you're not willing to do that then you run the risk of losing him and I'll draft my guy at 3.

Quote:Agree, if i knew Gurley would be there at 12 I would do it but its likely he could go to the Jets, Giants, or Vikings.  I would just rather take Cooper

Me too.  I don't get the feeling Gurley gets out of the top 10 and I could see him going 5-6 even.   I saw on Twitter that at least one team ranks Gurley as the top guy in the draft.

I think pre-ACL injury, he very well may have been my top guy too.  Right up there with Cooper.  This draft doesn't seem solid at the top and I'm not convinced of either QB.  

Quote:I understand it's not an exact process, but it does present some form of a guideline for the value of picks, and what Cleveland was rumored to be offering wasn't good enough to jump up to #2. 
Kinda but not really, really just depends on the prospect.  The 2nd pick this year could have much less value than a RG3 or like when Dolphins moved up 9 spots to the 3rd to select Dion Jordan all they gave up was a 2nd round pick. 

Quote:This is how I see it too.  It would take three 1st round picks for me plus some day 2 picks.  It would have to be an offer I couldn't refuse, otherwise I'm staying put.  When it's for your franchise QB, you pony up for him. If you're not willing to do that then you run the risk of losing him and I'll draft my guy at 3.

Me too.  I don't get the feeling Gurley gets out of the top 10 and I could see him going 5-6 even.   I saw on Twitter that at least one team ranks Gurley as the top guy in the draft.

I think pre-ACL injury, he very well may have been my top guy too.  Right up there with Cooper.  This draft doesn't seem solid at the top and I'm not convinced of either QB.  
Agree, Atlanta is another team that could possibly take Gurley

Tennessee is in the cat bird seat.

All they have to do is sit and make them sweat.  The longer they wait, the higher the price.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Agree, Atlanta is another team that could possibly take Gurley

I've seen the rumors of the Falcons wanting a trade up for Fowler, what would it take for you to move back to their spot?

Either Cooper at 3 or trade back a few spots and still manage to get Gurley with the Falcons pick would be my two favorite scenarios.

Quote:I think most of the Titans are planning on Mariota being the pick, according to their local sportswriter.

I'm not sure how Mariota's career will unfold, but when you're picking as high as Tennessee is and are in position to get a highly rated guy like Mariota you have to take a chance on him.  You may not be in position in the following years to get a guy like that.  It's good news for us to have a shot at Williams or whoever we have valued highest.  I don't think we'd get the trade offers if a QB is there at 3.  I think it would be the Raiders getting the offers.  The reason being is Washington is the next team that might actually take a QB high and the Raiders are right in front of them.  No need for a team to trade up to 3 to leapfrog Washington unless the Raiders are locked in on someone and unwilling to deal.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2015, 02:29 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

And don't discount the possibility that Washington might take Mariota at 5 even though they just picked up the 5th year option on RG3.  His contract is only guaranteed for injury.  They can cut him and walk away and they don't owe him anything.  They aren't married to him.

Slamdunk trade. Titans fail to get Jameis, Mariota, or Rivers. Browns' QB curse continues. Lose-Lose

I smell a deception program by the Titans.   First, they start saying how much they like Mariota.    Then, they start talking about getting calls from other teams who want to trade up for the pick.    To me, it's obvious.  They're trying to create demand for the pick.  They don't want Mariota.   They want to trade the pick.     And if they can't trade the pick, they will draft Leonard Williams.