Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Robinson breakout looming

Here is a very good article breaking down how sneaky good Robinson really was last year. I know we have a lot of people around here who don't like the analytical stuff like what is in this article, but I think most will greatly enjoy it. As I've said several times in this pre draft period, even if we did draft Amari Cooper, Arob would still be our top receiver going forward...and stuff like this help show why I think that.

http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/recepti...akout.html

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well, he's a #2 like McCardell.  So, good luck with that sentiment.

Cooper would have the #1 role, and for good reason.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Well, he's a #2 like McCardell.  So, good luck with that sentiment.

I disagree. Not knocking Cooper he will most likely be quite good, Arob just has the potential to be special. 

Quote:Well, he's a #2 like McCardell.  So, good luck with that sentiment.

A rob is a number 1 lmao

I like A Rob a lot but I dont thin he will ever be our number 1. If we draft Cooper he will be undoubtedly our number 1 and if we dont Hurns will earn that number 1 spot

Allen Robinson is definitely a number 1, IMO

He's gonna be good, just hope he heals from thay foot surgery
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2015, 11:03 PM by Jinjo.)

Arob reminds me of a slightly slower Andre. He has the potential to be number 1 imo

"As I've said several times in this pre draft period, even if we did draft Amari Cooper, Arob would still be our top receiver going forward...and stuff like this help show why I think that"

Indulgent, speculative, preemptive.  Though I like Allen Robinson too, but let's try to be less superfluous/firm in our take and allow the football process to run its course.  We have 3 good ones, and may add another.  The pecking order will reveal itself over time.  Without McCardell, JSmooth won't have been JSmooth, and vice versa...

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2015, 11:26 PM by GlockBortles.)

Why dont you think Arob is a number 1?

This may be an unpopular opinion, but i don't see the "potential" in Robinson as some may think he as. I definitely think he's a good player and can be a great possession receiver, but I'm skeptical of his ability to stay healthy and i don't see game changing ability from him. I think he's a great number 2 at best. 

On the other hand, i think Marquis Lee is more of our boom or bust type player, with a high ceiling. If he can really improve from year 1 to year 2, i think he can potentially be a number 1. Im not sure that will happen and maybe he becomes a good player in our WR rotation. I thought Allen Hurns showed the most potential, even though he disappeared at times. Though to his defense, our offense was not "ground breaking" and really tough to get results in. 

Im not ready to check receiver off our list of needs, i think we don't have a number 1 and we need playmakers on this team. Amari Cooper has got to be considered at 3, you don't pass up a talent like that just because you have a few young players with potential. While we may be building a solid unit, we are not set at WR, and in my opinion, none of our receivers have shown enough for we to pass up a talent like Cooper. 

Quote:Why dont you think Arob is a number 1?

Personally, because I don't think he has the speed to take the top off a defense like sure-fire #1's do. He's a damn good #2 though. Ain't nobody gonna complain about having a strong handed possession guy like Anquan Boldin on their roster.

Quote:Personally, because I don't think he has the speed to take the top off a defense like sure-fire #1's do. He's a damn good #2 though. Ain't nobody gonna complain about having a strong handed possession guy like Anquan Boldin on their roster.
You don't have to be a burner to take the top off a defense. Alshon Jeffery and Kelvin Benjamin are two of the best deep threats in the league because they are good at using their size and high pointing skills to win contested catches downfield. Arob has the size, physicality, vertical, and hands to do that too. 

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2015, 12:07 AM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:Personally, because I don't think he has the speed to take the top off a defense like sure-fire #1's do. He's a damn good #2 though. Ain't nobody gonna complain about having a strong handed possession guy like Anquan Boldin on their roster.
You dont need top end speed to be a #1

So Boldin was never considered a #1 WR? Hmmmm...

Really like Allen Robinson, and excited to see what he brings to the table this season.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2015, 12:49 AM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

robinson and lee are number 2 wr.. cooper will make the defense game plan.. draft cooper then trade 2nd pick for adrian peterson.. well be on our way..

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2015, 01:41 AM by haveaseat.)

Quote:So Boldin was never considered a #1 WR? Hmmmm...

I'm more referring to Boldin nowadays. He's a strong handed possession receiver.

I mean let's face it. If Caldwell thought any of our guys were true #1's right now we likely wouldn't have been in play for Randall Cobb. Right now we have a good group of talented WR's. Do we have that #1 guy? It remains to be seen. Not like it matters though. The Seahawks won a Super Bowl without a "#1".

Basically ARob doesnt run fast enough to be a #1 sounds good nice

"Get Better Everyday"