Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Robinson breakout looming

Quote:I'm gonna have to disagree with you about Lee, man. I only see him fizzling out of he keeps getting injured. His athleticism and speed is top notch. Love his passion as well. Seems like he's always fired up. Only time will tell, though.

I love his passion too, he's a very likable guy

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Apparently we can use Justin Blackmon as trade bait in the draft!

can you elaborate?

Quote:thats what you got from that??.. of all the things you could have picked on. lol
It was the only thing you said to attempt to back up your statements.

Quote:Apparently we can use Justin Blackmon as trade bait in the draft!
He's worth an UDFA at this point.

you all totally get caught up in the #1 vs #2

Antonio Brown was a solid #2 that lacked the deep route capabilities that Mike Wallace had .....

What is MIke Evans @ TB?  I'd take that dude in a heartbeat.

Alshon Jeffrey vs Brandon Marshall?  Alshon #2 ?

Quote:He's worth an UDFA at this point.

he's actually worth less since JB comes with an existing contract. :mellow:

Quote:And those people would be very very very wrong.
I failed to see the comparison myself (CBS Sports) showed, and the team could still use a standout WR yet I expect Leonard Williams will be Daves pick either way.

Quote:he's actually worth less since JB comes with an existing contract. :mellow:
I can't believe people in the news actually think he's worth something. Dude doesn't care about football

Quote:Here is a very good article breaking down how sneaky good Robinson really was last year. I know we have a lot of people around here who don't like the analytical stuff like what is in this article, but I think most will greatly enjoy it. As I've said several times in this pre draft period, even if we did draft Amari Cooper, Arob would still be our top receiver going forward...and stuff like this help show why I think that.

http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/recepti...akout.html

He's a guy, so is Allen Hurns they would struggle to make the starting roster on other teams.  They are the Jaguars best WRs at the moment.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2015, 12:37 PM by EricC85.)

Quote:can you elaborate?
Sarcasm the article states we might use Blackmon as trade bait in the draft

Edit: damn it I'm in the wrong thread! It was the can't ignore jacksonville article
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:ugh, can we please stop with all this "#1 receiver" crap?  There are only about 10 guys in the league right now that fit the "mold" people here claim is a "true #1".  

So stupid.

There might be only 10, but that doesn't mean you don't take one if one is there.

Robinson and Lee could turn out to be really productive receivers, but getting a guy who can hurt a defense with all sorts of routes can only benefit Blake's development.

Right now, Robinson is a chains-mover but isn't going to threaten a defense deep. Lee is a YAC guy who can occasionally get behind the defense.

Cooper can be a chains mover but also take the top off the defense. White can take the top off the defense but reliable enough in the intermediate/yac range.

Those two have #1 potential at WR.

ARob does not, IMO. I think Lee has that potential as well if he improves his route running and catching, but I don't think he hits it.

I feel pretty confident that Cooper, should we take him at #3 steps in immediately and be the best WR in our group.

Quote:He's a guy, so is Allen Hurns they would struggle to make the starting roster on other teams. They are the Jaguars best WRs at the moment.
Can you back up these statements with anything

Id really like to know one team where Arob isn't good enough to even be the number 3 receiver besides the colts.

Quote:He's a guy, so is Allen Hurns they would struggle to make the starting roster on other teams.  They are the Jaguars best WRs at the moment.
Per Wiki:   "Hurns was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars after going undrafted in the <a class="" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_NFL_Draft' title="2014 NFL Draft">2014 NFL Draft</a>. In his NFL debut on September 7, 2014, against the Philadelphia Eagles, Hurns caught 4 passes for 110 yards and two touchdowns. His first two receptions in the first quarter went for touchdowns, making Hurns only the second NFL receiver ever to record touchdowns on his first two catches. And the first rookie to ever score 2 receiving touchdowns in the first quarter of his first game."

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...c31e8fb5f0

Yeah.. He's just a guy, and you're just a brain cell or two away from qualifying for special needs assistance...

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:He's a guy, so is Allen Hurns they would struggle to make the starting roster on other teams.  They are the Jaguars best WRs at the moment.
LOL

Any rookie receiver (Hurns)  that can score 6 TDs in the NFL with a rookie QB (and Chad Henne) is definitely a step or two higher than "just a guy." 

Robinson would start on 20 teams or more.  Easily.  I'll bet you 100 bucks that Allen Robinson has 900+ yds this season if he stays healthy for 16 games. 

Quote:LOL

Any rookie receiver (Hurns)  that can score 6 TDs in the NFL with a rookie QB (and Chad Henne) is definitely a step or two higher than "just a guy." 

Robinson would start on 20 teams or more.  Easily.  I'll bet you 100 bucks that Allen Robinson has 900+ yds this season if he stays healthy for 16 games. 

Over/Under: 13 Yards per catch?

Quote:I'm more referring to Boldin nowadays. He's a strong handed possession receiver.

I mean let's face it. If Caldwell thought any of our guys were true #1's right now we likely wouldn't have been in play for Randall Cobb. Right now we have a good group of talented WR's. Do we have that #1 guy? It remains to be seen. Not like it matters though. The Seahawks won a Super Bowl without a "#1".

Boldin ran a 4.7 at the Combine, so he never had the speed to take the top off a defence, which you claim is necessary to be a #1. 

The thing that stood out with robinson was his sure hands.  He is the rare type that fights for the ball and makes the tough catches.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

They were doing a segment on ESPN of rookie impact players after the first round.. They said Jordan Matthews, D'Anthony Thomas, Taylor Gabriel...

No love at all!
Shock the world

It's clear a lot of folks still don't understand what #1 WR means.

Being the most talented receiver on the team (which Robinson currently is, as was Blackmon when he was playing) doesn't make you a #1 in and of itself.

#1 is a role, and we've been playing without talent in that role since Jimmy Smith.

Robinson is a #2 (McCardell) who in that role takes advantage of holes in the defense and (hopefully) shading to the #1's side.

Currently we're a roster of #2s and #3s, with merely placeholders at #1.

Ever since Jimmy.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."