Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Robinson breakout looming

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2015, 04:48 PM by leopold332002.)

Quote:Id really like to know one team where Arob isn't good enough to even be the number 3 receiver besides the colts.
are you just trollin or being stupid because either way you need to take your opinion elsewhere like the TU.
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2015, 04:51 PM by haveaseat.)

Quote:Boldin ran a 4.7 at the Combine, so he never had the speed to take the top off a defence, which you claim is necessary to be a #1.

Everyone has their thoughts on what a #1 receiver should posses and for Boldin early in his career he was viewed as a #1 for his big physical play, just as Kelvin Benjamin is to the Panthers now. For me, that's great but as the old saying goes "speed kills" and I'd rather have DeSean Jackson over a Kelvin Benjamin.

But if the big numbers are there you kinda earn a #1 title regardless of size or anything else.

Quote:Everyone has their thoughts on what a #1 receiver should posses and for Boldin early in his career he was viewed as a #1 for his big physical play, just as Kelvin Benjamin is to the Panthers now. For me, that's great but as the old saying goes "speed kills" and I'd rather have DeSean Jackson over a Kelvin Benjamin.

But if the big numbers are there you kinda earn a #1 title regardless of size or anything else.

A guy being your top receiver doesn't make him a #1 receiver.

Yes, a stud #1 is typically the speedy take the top off guy.  But, as with guys like Jerry Rice, "fast enough" is fast enough.  Savvy and the ability to beat your man is what makes special #1s special.

Your #2 is your physical hands guy who knows how to find holes in the defense, and the special ones make plays after the catch.

For years, we've had no one special at #1, which honestly isn't having a #1 at all.  Robinson has been a terrific #2 and he could very well have an outstanding career there.  But you can't simply call him #1 because he's the best WR on the team.  He's still the best, most productive WR.  But that's not what "#1" means.  He just happens to be doing that while playing the #2 role.

We're still without a true #1, and Robinson isn't nor will he be that role.  He's exactly what you want as your #2.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:It's clear a lot of folks still don't understand what #1 WR means.

Being the most talented receiver on the team (which Robinson currently is, as was Blackmon when he was playing) doesn't make you a #1 in and of itself.

#1 is a role, and we've been playing without talent in that role since Jimmy Smith.

Robinson is a #2 (McCardell) who in that role takes advantage of holes in the defense and (hopefully) shading to the #1's side.

Currently we're a roster of #2s and #3s, with merely placeholders at #1.

Ever since Jimmy.

Nah.

Back to back champs didn't have your perceived #1 "role."

Coaches just have to put players in the best position to succeed and the players have to make the plays when the opportunity presents itself. Robinson, Lee, and Hurns have shown flashes of making these plays. We need them and Blake to obviously be more consistent.
Shock the world

Quote:are you just trollin or being stupid because either way you need to take your opinion elsewhere like the TU.
Prove me wrong if its so stupid

Quote:Nah.

Coaches just have to put players in the best position to succeed and the players have to make the plays when the opportunity presents itself. Robinson, Lee, and Hurns have shown flashes of making these plays. We need them and Blake to obviously be more consistent.

Pretty much. The term #1 WR is more for fans than it is for anyone else. Having one doesn't guarantee success nor does not having one guarantee failure. Who were the #1 WRs for last year's super bowl participants?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Nah.

You can only do that if you have everything else covered.  Those teams do.

Can you get by when you've got everything else?

Obviously.

We're a long way from being in that position.

Ask them if they'd take a stud #1 if they weren't drafting so low they aren't likely to find one, and I'm sure they'd say YES!

Quote:Pretty much. The term #1 WR is more for fans than it is for anyone else. Having one doesn't guarantee success nor does not having one guarantee failure. Who were the #1 WRs for last year's super bowl participants?

Nope.

Only teams that good could get away with it.

They haven't picked at #3 in a long time, in case you didn't notice...

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2015, 06:26 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Nope.

Only teams that good could get away with it.

They haven't picked at #3 in a long time, in case you didn't notice...
The team picking number 1 has a #1 WR. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:The team picking number 1 has a #1 WR. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Congratulations on your logic fail.

That's simply misguided in every facet, and on so many levels.

A championship team being relatively weak in an area doesn't diminish the importance of that position.  They've simply insulated themselves by mitigating their exposure.

The opposite is also flawed.  Being set in a position doesn't make a team good, nor should it diminish the need to be good overall, wherever you can afford to be.

The target is always moving, and you're never finished building.

Quote:You can only do that if you have everything else covered. Those teams do.

Can you get by when you've got everything else?

Obviously.

We're a long way from being in that position.

Ask them if they'd take a stud #1 if they weren't drafting so low they aren't likely to find one, and I'm sure they'd say YES!

Nah, wrong. #1 doesn't mean anything. Just for the novice football fan.

That dude on the Seahawks was working at foot locker earlier in the season and made big plays in the Super Bowl. He made the plays when the opportunity presented itself and our receivers are capable of that as well.
Shock the world

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2015, 07:37 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Congratulations on your logic fail.

That's simply misguided in every facet, and on so many levels.

A championship team being relatively weak in an area doesn't diminish the importance of that position. They've simply insulated themselves by mitigating their exposure.

The opposite is also flawed. Being set in a position doesn't make a team good, nor should it diminish the need to be good overall, wherever you can afford to be.

The target is always moving, and you're never finished building.
Basically the importance of the position is only important to the fans who buys the jerseys.

You don't need a number one WR to be successful. You don't need a number one RB to be successful. You don't need a number one TE to be successful.

You do need a QB to be successful.

Sure, having the best at those other positions would be helpful but it isn't franchise condemning as you seem to think it is. If you think otherwise then it isn't my logic that's flawed.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/status/592828046920515584'>https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/status/592828046920515584</a>

:|

Get out of here with your facts and logic.

Quote:Get out of here with your facts and logic.
You're right what was i thinking? Take another receiver our QB isn't good enough to hit! ignore the fact that our LEO is 35 and two of our linemen have knee injuries, one being a torn acl. Forget all that because two 2nd round receivers and a top paid matchup nightmare tight end isn't enough, Blake needs more weapons if hell ever have a chance.

Quote:You're right what was i thinking? Take another receiver our QB isn't good enough to hit! ignore the fact that our LEO is 35 and two of our linemen have knee injuries, one being a torn acl. Forget all that because two 2nd round receivers and a top paid matchup nightmare tight end isn't enough, Blake needs more weapons if hell ever have a chance.
so I guess u think Blake a bust?
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2015, 01:07 AM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:so I guess u think Blake a bust?
No I don't at all, its entirely too early to tell. I hope and believe he will be a good QB but at this point I cant talk about potential. I have to go on what we know as fact, and thats Blake Bortles performed poorly last year.

If we really want a competitive offense we need blake to get way better, thats the only thing thats going to take us to that next level. Adding Amari isnt going to fix blakes mechanics. ARob is a #1 receiver whether these delusional idiots wanna believe it or not, Julius is a matchup nightmare, and now we need a QB to get the ball to them.

I feel like half the posters in this thread didn't even read the article. 

Quote:I feel like half the posters in this thread didn't even read the article. 
Nope. They're going to ignore the facts because ARob doesnt run fast enough.

Quote:No I don't at all, its entirely too early to tell. I hope and believe he will be a good QB but at this point I cant talk about potential. I have to go on what we know as fact, and thats Blake Bortles performed poorly last year.

If we really want a competitive offense we need blake to get way better, thats the only thing thats going to take us to that next level. Adding Amari isnt going to fix blakes mechanics. ARob is a #1 receiver whether these delusional idiots wanna believe it or not, Julius is a matchup nightmare, and now we need a QB to get the ball to them.

If our O-line improves to the point that Blake isn't running for his life on every snap, I think we'll see a much improved QB.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]