Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
At the end of the day

Here is the deal. we can sit here all day everyday up until the draft and go over and over and over and over on who should be picked. At the end of the day if you trust and believe in guys who study football and watch tape all year long and get paid because of football. Not to mention the numerous number of scout the Jaguars have that are on the road all year long! If your a true fan you gotta trust these guys did as much as possible and are taking the right players and making the right decisions. if some of you are better scouts for us why aren't you being paid by them. In GUS we trust! The draft is unknown and there are going to be busts. Its the nature of the beast. Lets pray they have done all they can and we finally get that franchise stud!

CANT WAIT TIL THURSDAY NIGHT!!!!

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

At the end of the day...TO THE MODIS!

Quote:At the end of the day...TO THE MODIS!
WELLS FARGO CENTER!

Quote:Here is the deal. we can sit here all day everyday up until the draft and go over and over and over and over on who should be picked. At the end of the day if you trust and believe in guys who study football and watch tape all year long and get paid because of football. Not to mention the numerous number of scout the Jaguars have that are on the road all year long! If your a true fan you gotta trust these guys did as much as possible and are taking the right players and making the right decisions. if some of you are better scouts for us why aren't you being paid by them. In GUS we trust! The draft is unknown and there are going to be busts. Its the nature of the beast. Lets pray they have done all they can and we finally get that franchise stud!

Hard to disagree with all that.

But isn't the months of speculating, arguing and compiling meaningless mock drafts the fun part of the draft ?

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2015, 08:36 AM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:Here is the deal. we can sit here all day everyday up until the draft and go over and over and over and over on who should be picked. At the end of the day if you trust and believe in guys who study football and watch tape all year long and get paid because of football. Not to mention the numerous number of scout the Jaguars have that are on the road all year long! If your a true fan you gotta trust these guys did as much as possible and are taking the right players and making the right decisions. if some of you are better scouts for us why aren't you being paid by them. In GUS we trust! The draft is unknown and there are going to be busts. Its the nature of the beast. Lets pray they have done all they can and we finally get that franchise stud!

Unfortunately as part of being a fan of football we don't have to trust the GM,or his scouts.Its not part of our job and its one of the fun things about being a fan. Here's the thing with trust,it has to be established and earned by the fans.. You just don't get it by simply having the title of General Manger. You have to consistently find good players that help the team WIN..

Its fair to say we as fans shouldn't put all of our eggs in 1 basket.. Remember "In Gene We trust"? We don't owe it to the GM to let him do his job first then judge him...No.....He owes it to us to find good players and win games! Especially still being a rookie GM.

I cant say i fully trust Dave but i do feel positive about him.. When the jags establish a winning team then he would have earned my trust! Go Jags!

Trust is not a given; it must be earned.  Dave will earn my trust when he assembles a winning team. 

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2015, 08:47 AM by wrong_box.)

Quote:Unfortunately as part of being a fan of football we don't have to trust the GM,or his scouts.Its not part of our job and its one of the fun things about being a fan. Here's the thing with trust,it has to be established and earned by the fans.. You just don't get it by simply having the title of General Manger. You have to consistently find good players that help the team WIN..

Its fair to say we as fans shouldn't put all of our eggs in 1 basket.. Remember "In Gene We trust"? We don't owe it to the GM to let him do his job first then judge him...No.....He owes it to us
to find good players and win games! Especially still being a rookie GM.

I cant say i fully trust Dave but i do feel positive about him.. When the jags establish a winning team then he would have earned my trust! Go Jags!
The team or GM owes you absolutely NOTHING

Quote:The team or GM owes you absolutely NOTHING
Ok yea you right he owes it to Khan!!! But if you think that fan approval don't play a role in some of the decision making. You are lost. Khans revenue the team revenue comes partly from the fans so we do have little impact in some football decision.

I don't think they owe it to us to make winning team, i mean there job is on the line every year. I'm sure guys in the NFL like there job so they want to win. I also think Caldwell could care less what we think and just continue to do whats best for this team. I do believe there becomes times in the draft where you can take a sexy pick if you will and try to get fans more excited....... but really these guys have jobs just like anyone else and work their [BLEEP] off to try and keep them. Hard not to respect the work that goes into theses guys jobs on a daily basis

I don't think anyone on this board is attempting to take the GM job.  Following, diagnosing, and projecting draft results for the prospects, with the limited resources of the fan, is a fun exercise for many.  The NFL encourages it, as evidenced by the draft related television shows and online content that they generate on the topic.    

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2015, 09:26 AM by wrong_box.)

Quote:Ok yea you right he owes it to Khan!!! But if you think that fan approval don't play a role in some of the decision making. You are lost. Khans revenue the team revenue comes partly from the fans so we do have little impact in some football decision.
actually the majority of the teams revenue comes from tv contracts which is far greater than the fans money...A franchise will make decisions based on what makes the best business sense rather than popular with the fan base...If the organization bowed to fan pressure, Tebow would have been a Jag

Quote:I don't think anyone on this board is attempting to take the GM job.  Following, diagnosing, and projecting draft results for the prospects, with the limited resources of the fan, is a fun exercise for many.  The NFL encourages it, as evidenced by the draft related television shows and online content that they generate on the topic.    

Hard to argue that with how crazy the draft has become, wish the draft was like two weeks earlier so the players could be there for the start of offseason workouts..... makes sense to me.

Gene Smith at the end of the day.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I think the odds are better than not that we get a good player. I just feel that a bust or even a great player is the exception. But I'll happy add another good player to the roster and be satisfied. I think that is what we will get and it is a day to be celebrated for sure.

Quote:Hard to disagree with all that.

But isn't the months of speculating, arguing and compiling meaningless mock drafts the fun part of the draft ?

Not as much fun as the days after the draft when we get to complain about the busts we drafted (prematurely) or rejoice for drafting a future HoF (prematurely)

Quote:actually the majority of the teams revenue comes from tv contracts which is far greater than the fans money...A franchise will make decisions based on what makes the best business sense rather than popular with the fan base...If the organization bowed to fan pressure, Tebow would have been a Jag
I believe Tebow was sought after twice!! Oh and you wrong about tv contracts is where teams get most of there money.. Its actually ticket sales. Heres a link you can checkout... <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.pellegrinoandassociates.com/top-five-revenue-sources-that-drive-value-for-the-nfl/'>http://www.pellegrinoandassociates.com/top-five-revenue-sources-that-drive-value-for-the-nfl/</a>

Like I said its the fans buddy!

Quote:actually the majority of the teams revenue comes from tv contracts which is far greater than the fans money...A franchise will make decisions based on what makes the best business sense rather than popular with the fan base...If the organization bowed to fan pressure, Tebow would have been a Jag

Local revenue (ticket sales and all related local revenue streams) are the source of the majority of a team's revenue.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

^^ This. With the London game, the Local Revenue to TV contract gab is even greater.

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544...nformation

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:Local revenue (ticket sales and all related local revenue streams) are the source of the majority of a team's revenue.
ticket sales are shared through the league at least one 1/3...The majority of the revenue is from the tv contracts

"

Will from Jacksonville:
How big is local revenue for an NFL team when you look at the big picture? Doesn't much of the NFL's revenue come from television, which is shared equally? My understanding is merchandising, with some exceptions such as sales from the team's internet site or items sold within the stadium, are also shared equally. It largely leaves ticket sales, but a third of that is shared equally. You also have to consider that profitability isn't just about revenue, but costs. I fully understand that any business wants to make as much money as possible, but I have trouble understanding the questions regarding the Jaguars financial sustainability. Am I missing something?
John: Yes, shared revenue is important, but local revenue is extremely, extremely important. Ticket sales matter in the equation, but local sponsorship does, too. Yes, revenue is shared, but in the two decades since the Jaguars joined the NFL they have gone from near the top of the NFL in local revenue to near the bottom. It’s probably not possible to return to the top any time soon, but it’s critical they improve their standing.

Quote:Hard to disagree with all that.

Well, there's still the "I can't believe they took player A and not player B" arguments to look forward to.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]