Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MJD retiring a Jaguar next Tuesday, 4/28

<div> 
</div>
Quote:<div> 

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>[Image: 05c384a89ebb1b1a849ff289404e3d64_normal.jpeg]</a>
<div>
<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'><b>Ryan O'Halloran</b></a>
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>@ryanohalloran</a>
</div>
</div>
<p class="">MJD will be here on Tuesday to retire as member of <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jaguars'>#Jaguars</a>

10:51am · 23 Apr 2015 · Twitter Web Client
</div>
</div>

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Oooh. So nooooow you want to come back huh? Just playing. Congrats MJD! Looking forward to seeing your name in the pride.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Glad to see this.   MJD's final season with the Jaguars shouldn't overshadow his great overall career with the team.

meh

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Glad to see this. MJD's final season with the Jaguars shouldn't overshadow his great overall career with the team.

Agreed. I think a lot of people here seem stuck on the past 2 years when there was a lot of drama with him.

One of the all time best Jags.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Great I knew he would do a 1 day contract 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Glad to see this.   MJD's final season with the Jaguars shouldn't overshadow his great overall career with the team.

I agree.  MJD put 486 points on the scoreboard for the Jaguars.  He will always pale in comparison to Fred in my mind, but he did some amazing things for the Jags.  Glad he and the Jags are making this gesture.  I hope Khan/Lamping utilize him as an ambassador for the team as they have Fred, Tony and others. 

Pride member?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:Pride member?
Not before Jimmy Smith.  Maybe down the road.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I agree.  MJD put 486 points on the scoreboard for the Jaguars.  He will always pale in comparison to Fred in my mind, but he did some amazing things for the Jags.  Glad he and the Jags are making this gesture.  I hope Khan/Lamping utilize him as an ambassador for the team as they have Fred, Tony and others. 

I don't see how he lives in California now, I don't think he's planning on moving back here. He sold his house in 2013 and owns a $4 million home out west.

Quote:Pride member?

IMO – Not yet.  I st
ill remember the hold out. 

Oh…and that night we got into a fight at the Conch House.

I'll forget soon. but not yet

Quote:I don't see how he lives in California now, I don't think he's planning on moving back here. He sold his house in 2013 and owns a $4 million home out west.

He doesn't need to live in Jax to do some promotional work for the team.  He could attend a couple of home games and do a few player interviews/ attend a preseason fan rally etc.  I'm not suggesting he be ever-present like  Boselli or Lageman.   For example - Fred has a place in Jax - but lives in South Florida most of the time   - he makes a number of appearances for the team though. 

MJD could do the same to a lesser extent. 

Quote:He doesn't need to live in Jax to do some promotional work for the team.  He could attend a couple of home games and do a few player interviews/ attend a preseason fan rally etc.  I'm not suggesting he be ever-present like  Boselli or Lageman.   For example - Fred has a place in Jax - but lives in South Florida most of the time   - he makes a number of appearances for the team though. 

MJD could do the same to a lesser extent. 

I guess, I just see him being more interested in broadcasting. I'm expecting him to have a full time deal on NFL Network within the year.

Quote:I guess, I just see him being more interested in broadcasting. I'm expecting him to have a full time deal on NFL Network within the year.

Very, very possible. ^

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2015, 02:55 PM by WingerDinger.)

Quote:Very, very possible. ^

Hopefully he doesn't end up like Sapp, even though I enjoyed every minute of the video. Fool got what he deserved and couldn't have happened to a better guy..http://youtu.be/UCaAvRuq3bI

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2015, 02:58 PM by EricC85.)

Quote: 

IMO – Not yet.  I st
ill remember the hold out. 

Oh…and that night we got into a fight at the Conch House.

I'll forget soon. but not yet

It's not even about that despite his strong start here's where he ended as a Jaguar:

3rd all time rushing yards (behind Fred Taylor and James Stewart)

2nd all time rushing touchdowns (nearly half of Fred Taylor's total and just one more then James Stewart)

8th in receptions

9th in receiving yards.

Not even top 10 in receiving yards (which is fine he's a RB)

He is 1st in Punt Return attempts and Punt Return TD's with 2.

Show me the area that makes him the best we've had in any category?

http://www.databasefootball.com/teams/te...jac&lg=nfl

I'll wait for the default he was the "face of the franchise" and without him we would've sucked all those years, we sucked anyways.

Quote:It's not even about that despite his strong start here's where he ended as a Jaguar:

3rd all time rushing yards (behind Fred Taylor and James Stewart)

2nd all time rushing touchdowns (nearly half of Fred Taylor's total and just one more then James Stewart)

8th in receptions

9th in receiving yards.

Not even top 10 in receiving yards (which is fine he's a RB)

He is 1st in Punt Return attempts and Punt Return TD's with 2.

Show me the area that makes him the best we've had in any category?

http://www.databasefootball.com/teams/te...jac&lg=nfl

I'll wait for the default he was the "face of the franchise" and without him we would've sucked all those years, we sucked anyways.

Yes. Jones-Drew only had 2500 yards rushing here. Good website.

;

;

For the record, Stewart had 2900 yards here. MJD had over 8000.

;

;

Inb4 he holds out

Quote:For the record, Stewart had 2900 yards here. MJD had over 8000.

The rushing yards are indeed wrong. I missed that when looking at it. the rest of the numbers are accurate here's PFF

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/te...ushing.htm